The Student Room Group

Blonde black girl?

Hey TSR I am currently wondering if I should die my hair blonde to match my friend. However she is Albanian and I'm Arabic.
I've asked a few of my peers and they said it would suit me especially if I die the roots?? Do you think it would be possible?
My mum also told me "my hair should never be lighter than my skin"
However I have died my hair brown which was lighter than my skin and I looked relatively nice...

**Also my eyes are green and they contrasted really well with the brown, would like to experiment with blonde
And if you know any good hair dressers in the Central London area could you direct me to them??

EDIT: MY MUM CLAIMS ARABIC AS SHE IS HALF ARABIC (EGYPTIAN) AND HALF UGANDAN
MY DAD IS AN ITALIAN AND HE HAS SOME GREEK
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Arabian not arabic.

If you want to then why not? :smile:
If you are Arabic then I am Urdu baby.
'Die' lmao
Reply 4
Original post by LisaNikita
Hey TSR I am currently wondering if I should die my hair blonde to match my friend. However she is Albanian and I'm Arabic.
I've asked a few of my peers and they said it would suit me especially if I die the roots?? Do you think it would be possible?
My mum also told me "my hair should never be lighter than my skin"
However I have died my hair brown which was lighter than my skin and I looked relatively nice...

**Also my eyes are green and they contrasted really well with the brown, would like to experiment with blonde
And if you know any good hair dressers in the Central London area could you direct me to them??

I have seen black women die there hair blonde before, be unique go ginger- thats something I'm yet to see...
Reply 5
Don't do it, or maybe try it, then dye it back the next day, if you don't like it?!
Reply 6
Ok fine MIXED. are you happy.
Reply 7

If you're dad is a black italian, he is still ethnically black. Therefore you are not mixed. Your profile pic where you're begging to look lighter is not fooling anyone.
Original post by Anonymous
you
are
a
kang

qwaan*
Reply 9
Original post by sinatraa
You're black, black girls with blonder hair just look like STD infested tramps. It's not a good look.

I'm not black or white
How would it be ratchet? i have family members who are naturally blonde/brown haired. I was just born with black hair and green eyes.

Ignore them. They are just being nasty.
@LisaNikita
Your eyes don't look green either. They look brown in your profile picture. And Arabs aren't black, only Africans are.
Reply 12
Original post by sinatraa
If you're dad is a black italian, he is still ethnically black. Therefore you are not mixed. Your profile pic where you're begging to look lighter is not fooling anyone.

Because being dark-skin means I'm not mixed?
Yeah. i definitely think you should do it, why not? No specific hair colour is made for any certain race or skin colour. Im mixed race also with a different mix & im actually considering blonde. Theres loads of black girls on instagram with blonde hair & some of them are darkskin also.
If you want to do it, why not? Its your hair ,no one elses. As long as you're not doing it to try and BE your friend. & as long as you are comfortable with yourself then go ahead. People do worse things everyday, dying your hair cant do that much harm. Maybe dye the ends first to see if you like it? Good luck.
(edited 7 years ago)
Because being dark-skin means I'm not mixed?

You're not mixed race though. Mixed race means that you are of two different ethnicities. But you're not. You're dad is ethnically black and that is the same with your mother. That means that you're not mixed, you're just black.

There are many light skinned black people but I dont see them claiming theyre mixed. What's this silly obsession with people straight up lying about their race in order to seem more attractive.
Reply 15
Original post by sianantonique
Yeah. i definitely think you should do it, why not? No specific hair colour is made for any certain race or skin colour. Im mixed race also with a different mix & im actually considering blonde. Theres loads of black girls on instagram with blonde hair & some of them are darkskin also.
If you want to do it, why not? Its your hair ,no one elses. As long as you're not doing it to try and BE your friend. & as long as you are comfortable with yourself then go ahead. People do worse things everyday, dying your hair cant do that much harm. Maybe dye the ends first to see if you like it? Good luck.

Yeah I said on the orig that I've dyed my hair brown etc

Ignore them, your identity is yours.
Sad trolls that follow you get no say
This is my skin colour.

You're about as Arab as Donald Trump.
This is the second post I've found you trying to convince people you're an Arab.
The only person you've convinced, is yourself.
This is my skin colour.

Your black
Original post by Alberto Barbosa
How can you confirm?

I have some family in the middle east & I've gone there. They've also traveled to loads of different places in the middle east.

Latest

Trending

Trending