The Student Room Group

I failed at maths!!

I got my mock results and one word I basically failed and did not achieve my target grade .

Mock results: 4a ( C for old grading , D/C)
Expected: 7a ( a flipping A)

I am in top set and I am the only one I think who has done terrible , people got 6,7 and even 8s . I am very sad , I admit I do not make maths my priority but I am in a fatal position now , i really need a secure A to study my favourite subject physics (it has maths I know but it has the maths I like algebra etc.. not probability and statistics)
I hit the rock bottom , I think the areas that I've struggled is the whole paper was almost all worded!!!!!which is my weakness not only I panic but I'm not the best of comprehensive readers and 99.999% I will not find what the question is asking me to do.
4 months till GCSE but I'm freaking out!!! :frown:((

Any tips , I'm trying doing the new mock exam past papers but they are so hard to understand and it feels like an A level and they do not have mark schemes yet i also get tuition on Fridays once a week , it helps me but 2hs a weeks is not going to make a an A*, doing after school revision is difficult since I live far away from home and my mom usually can't pick me up during dark times

I will do anything to get that A but I do not know where to start ? Should I give up my free time for Maths but I worry I'll be self destructive .
So should I make maths notes ( I find them useful but time consuming for my like) , or should I just practise ( but I feel like I'll forget ) ughhhh help

Soz for the long paragraph
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by ShikaMekiFuka
I got my mock results and one word I basically failed and did not achieve my target grade .

Mock results: 4a ( C for old grading , D/C)
Expected: 7a ( a flipping A)

I am in top set and I am the only one I think who has done terrible , people got 6,7 and even 8s . I am very sad , I admit I do not make maths my priority but I am in a fatal position now , i really need a secure A to study my favourite subject physics (it has maths I know but it has the maths I like algebra etc.. not probability and statistics)
I hit the rock bottom , I think the areas that I've struggled is the whole paper was almost all worded!!!!!which is my weakness not only I panic but I'm not the best of comprehensive readers and 99.999% I will not find what the question is asking me to do.
4 months till GCSE but I'm freaking out!!! :frown:((

Any tips , I'm trying doing the new mock exam past papers but they are so hard to understand and it feels like an A level and they do not have mark schemes yet i also get tuition on Fridays once a week , it helps me but 2hs a weeks is not going to make a an A*, doing after school revision is difficult since I live far away from home and my mom usually can't pick me up during dark times

I will do anything to get that A but I do not know where to start ? Should I give up my free time for Maths but I worry I'll be self destructive .
So should I make maths notes ( I find them useful but time consuming for my like) , or should I just practise ( but I feel like I'll forget ) ughhhh help

Soz for the long paragraph

I've finished both Maths/Numeracy/Statistics all with A*, all I did was practice old past papers from previous spec. Then if I needed to remember a topic watch a few YouTube videos or Mathswatch (Highly recommend) ask your teachers about it. Also don't worry about having 4 months, that's plenty of time to revise. Try doing a few past papers a night, you'll see lots of progress.
Original post by Abusive
I've finished both Maths/Numeracy/Statistics all with A*, all I did was practice old past papers from previous spec. Then if I needed to remember a topic watch a few YouTube videos or Mathswatch (Highly recommend) ask your teachers about it. Also don't worry about having 4 months, that's plenty of time to revise. Try doing a few past papers a night, you'll see lots of progress.

Would love to get maths watch but it only sells to schools and in eBay they are terribly expensive for a cd

Quick Reply

Latest