The Student Room Group

Festival experts get in here!!!

So just started planning out this year's festivals. I am 22 (23 in the Summer) and I feel im at that annoying age where at some festivals I feel old (there's a lot of 16-18 year olds). But I don't want to be at a festival with 40 year olds.

I also want a festival with EDM but am put off by chavs robbing your tent and causing fights. I love the sorts of festivals where you can make friends with your neighbour's and it's a family sort of community.

I'm considering these festivals. Could people give their opinions/experiences if they've been or know people who have been:
- South West 4
- Secret Garden Party
- Creamfields
- We Are Festvl

Last year I went to Boardmasters which had nice people but everyone was a bit young. Also the music was a bit too mainstream for me personally.
Bump
Oh god no, you don't want to be at a festival with 40-year olds! Practically dead, 40-year olds: it'll all be Werther's Originals and Ovaltine.
Go to Download, everyone is nice as pie there and you won't feel too old or too young!
Cream fields is full of kids and chavs and I've never even heard of the other 3
The sound system at SW4 is awful, but I'm kinda tempted to go on Sunday just to see Deadmau5 and Gareth Emery. Creamfields is brilliant though, went last year and year before and both occasions were very enjoyable!
Original post by IcEmAn911
The sound system at SW4 is awful, but I'm kinda tempted to go on Sunday just to see Deadmau5 and Gareth Emery. Creamfields is brilliant though, went last year and year before and both occasions were very enjoyable!

Seen deadmau5 live before and was awful.
Was Creamfields chavy with a bit of a dodgy crowd?
Original post by _homesick__
Cream fields is full of kids and chavs and I've never even heard of the other 3

The others are all around London

Original post by _homesick__
Go to Download, everyone is nice as pie there and you won't feel too old or too young!

That's not my music taste personally
Original post by dylantombides
Seen deadmau5 live before and was awful.
Was Creamfields chavy with a bit of a dodgy crowd?

Really? I've never seen him before and I felt awful at missing out on his B2B set with Eric Prydz at Tomorrowland last year! But I do love his music, his track selections and his djing skills.

Creamfields was fine, I was in the Trance tents mainly and stuck to my own group of friends. Had a few chavs around like any other festival but as long as you avoid them then there's no issues. Plus it's the biggest dance festival in the UK so you get a wide variety of different people.
(edited 7 years ago)
Bump
Check out Boomtown! its amazing, and i'm also going SW4, both of which should be great this year. Creamfields look awesome too but bit expensive but low on chavs, as are the other 2. Creamfields has bad weather though often from what I've heard too
Best festival I went to was 51st State at Enfield. All ages present, all races...all under 8 tents of soul, house and US Garage.
Original post by Roger11
Check out Boomtown! its amazing, and i'm also going SW4, both of which should be great this year. Creamfields look awesome too but bit expensive but low on chavs, as are the other 2. Creamfields has bad weather though often from what I've heard too

Boomtown is full of chavs
Original post by dylantombides
Boomtown is full of chavs

Oh damn, I was thinking of doing Boomtown.. -_-
Original post by IcEmAn911
Oh damn, I was thinking of doing Boomtown.. -_-

don't listen, boomtowns sick. it's more full of nitty's then chavs, they just look alike. any festival with dnb is full of nittys
Reply 15
No it isn’t its full of posh kids that loves drugs😂😂
Reply 16
Original post by Roger11

Have u been boomtown before

Quick Reply

Latest