The Student Room Group

A2 Murder

My teacher says that we no longer use lord cokes definition, yet every revision source uses it? Is this correct?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Lily Thackeray
My teacher says that we no longer use lord cokes definition, yet every revision source uses it? Is this correct?

Your teacher is wrong for Edward cokes murder definition should always be used; "the unlawful killing of any reasonable creature in being under the Queen's peace with malice aforethought"
If you don't include this definition you'll lose out on a lot of marks. Even if you're still doubtful of whether or not to use the definition its better to include it than not as the exam boards usually positively mark-well I know OCR definitely does. Hope this helps.😁
Original post by 2025
Your teacher is wrong for Edward cokes murder definition should always be used; "the unlawful killing of any reasonable creature in being under the Queen's peace with malice aforethought"
If you don't include this definition you'll lose out on a lot of marks. Even if you're still doubtful of whether or not to use the definition its better to include it than not as the exam boards usually positively mark-well I know OCR definitely does. Hope this helps.😁

Thank you so much!!
Reply 3
Original post by Lily Thackeray
Thank you so much!!

Your welcome. If you would like any other advice regarding law essays pm me. However it may take up to two weeks for me to respond as I do not use tsr that often
Reply 4
Original post by 2025
Your welcome. If you would like any other advice regarding law essays pm me. However it may take up to two weeks for me to respond as I do not use tsr that often

Hi do you do As Law? because i would like to ask you some questions that i need hhelp with, if you do please let me know thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Pyschh
Hi do you do As Law? because i would like to ask you some questions that i need hhelp with, if you do please let me know thanks in advance :smile:

I've done As law for OCR and still got my notes for all As questions
Reply 6
Original post by 2025
I've done As law for OCR and still got my notes for all As questions

ooooh perfect do you mind helpingme with some questions that i have about tort law in particular and please can you please if you wouldnt mind send me your notes please i really need help with tort law especially but everything you have PLEASE just send them to me if yu dont mind

:smile: thanks in advance
Reply 7
Original post by Pyschh
ooooh perfect do you mind helpingme with some questions that i have about tort law in particular and please can you please if you wouldnt mind send me your notes please i really need help with tort law especially but everything you have PLEASE just send them to me if yu dont mind

:smile: thanks in advance

Which exam board is this for
Reply 8
Original post by 2025
Which exam board is this for

im doing AQA :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Pyschh
im doing AQA :smile:

Sorry my message must have not gone through fast enough before my tablet ran out of charge. Anyway I did sources of law and the English legal system at As not tort law. However I did find some useful guidance notes/ model answers for AQA tort law for which I'll send you some time within a week. I can't send the link now because fofor some reason my tablet won't allow me to copy the URL and its way too long to type out.
Reply 10
Original post by 2025
Sorry my message must have not gone through fast enough before my tablet ran out of charge. Anyway I did sources of law and the English legal system at As not tort law. However I did find some useful guidance notes/ model answers for AQA tort law for which I'll send you some time within a week. I can't send the link now because fofor some reason my tablet won't allow me to copy the URL and its way too long to type out.

Hi and thanks for replying backi got abit worried i thought you left me which you didnt:smile:!!!! and thanks in advance yeah they'll definitely be handy i cant wait !!!!!!!!!!!!! once again a lot i appreciate it
Edward Coke's definition is still applicable to some extent. In the present day to be found guilty of murder you must unlawfully kill a natural person, doing so with the intent to kill or cause grievous bodily harm. Edward Coke's definition includes a caveat at the end stating the victim must die within 'a year and a day' which isn't applicable anymore.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending