The Student Room Group

Studying physics / maths after a level

I'm in my first year of a levels and i currently study chemistry and biology. However i really big interest in physics and would like to somehow study it and do a degree at uni. Is it possible for me to somehow study maths and physics after my a levels?
what else are you studying??
Reply 2
Original post by gaary kasparov
what else are you studying??

photography but i guess thats kind of irrelevant
just do a foundation year
Reply 4
You could try and get into biophysics or maybe some kind of bio engineering

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by gaary kasparov
just do a foundation year

How do i do one of those? and where?
I am wondering how you know you have an interest in it if you haven't bothered to take it, where do you get your idea of what Physics involves from? It's bloody hard work btw.
Reply 7
Original post by Mistletoe
I am wondering how you know you have an interest in it if you haven't bothered to take it, where do you get your idea of what Physics involves from? It's bloody hard work btw.

Was always good at it from GCSE, and just interested in the whole concept. And yes im aware its hard work but if you enjoy what you do then its not much of a task
Original post by tabrams10
How do i do one of those? and where?

loads of uni's offer them. its for people who haven't taken the right subject to study physics. just type in physics foundation year and loads of uni's will come up. you basically just spend a year doing the necessary content required for a degree in physics, so your degree will last a year longer than a standard one.

Quick Reply

Latest