The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University for the Creative Arts
University for the Creative Arts
Farnham

Film production interview

Hi! I have my interview in less than a week and i'm so so nervous idk what to expect? Whats it like? What do they want out of a portfolio? What kind of questions are there? Idk I just cant find anything on the actual content of the interview n its stressing me out! Anyone out there that can offer any information or comfort, I am in desperate need
I had mine for Film Production 2 weeks ago, at the time i was really nervous too but theirs no need! Honestly its really chilled. Once they collect the group of interviewees you get taken to the cinema room and they show you past students work and you're encouraged to chat with the group.

In the actual interview it's pretty much a friendly chat. The staff all seem really kind and professional, I didn't at all feel as though I was being interviewed. They'll ask what you've brung with you to show, you'll show it, they may ask what you'd improve about the work, and they'll just discuss film with you: what specifically you like about film, any aspects you're interested in learning (for me cinematography), your favourite director, your favourite film, etc.

It honestly felt like a chat with a friend. I'm sure you'll be fine and have fun.
Students on campus at the University for the Creative Arts
University for the Creative Arts
Farnham
Reply 2
Original post by decduffy97
I had mine for Film Production 2 weeks ago, at the time i was really nervous too but theirs no need! Honestly its really chilled. Once they collect the group of interviewees you get taken to the cinema room and they show you past students work and you're encouraged to chat with the group.

In the actual interview it's pretty much a friendly chat. The staff all seem really kind and professional, I didn't at all feel as though I was being interviewed. They'll ask what you've brung with you to show, you'll show it, they may ask what you'd improve about the work, and they'll just discuss film with you: what specifically you like about film, any aspects you're interested in learning (for me cinematography), your favourite director, your favourite film, etc.

It honestly felt like a chat with a friend. I'm sure you'll be fine and have fun.

ahhh cool thanks!!! I feel so much better now. What was your portfolio like?
Original post by annamays
ahhh cool thanks!!! I feel so much better now. What was your portfolio like?

I took a short film I made, 2 of my best pictures from my photography and some preproduction work from the short film.

They didn't really look at the written stuff, I think they're more looking into your passion for film and work you've already done.
Reply 4
I took a short film I made, 2 of my best pictures from my photography and some preproduction work from the short film.

They didn't really look at the written stuff, I think they're more looking into your passion for film and work you've already done.

ahhh cool, mine is tomorrow I'm so nervous about having to talk about my work and stuff omg. idea how to present it!
Did you get an offer?
ahhh cool, mine is tomorrow I'm so nervous about having to talk about my work and stuff omg. idea how to present it!
Did you get an offer?

Yeah, I got an offer about a day or two after my interview. It was all pretty quick. It's currently my first choice. If you get an offer do you think you'll go there?
Reply 6
Yeah, I got an offer about a day or two after my interview. It was all pretty quick. It's currently my first choice. If you get an offer do you think you'll go there?

Oh cool! Yeah I just had mine! Yeah it's my current first choice too, Glous interview next tho. It was so lovely and nice at UCA tho.
Reply 7
Oh cool! Yeah I just had mine! Yeah it's my current first choice too, Glous interview next tho. It was so lovely and nice at UCA tho.

Is your Glous interview on the 15th?! I have mine their for film production that day :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by teecake_
Is your Glous interview on the 15th?! I have mine their for film production that day :smile:

It is! Yes film production on the 15th! Still don't know what to do for the one minute film wow loving life
Reply 9
It is! Yes film production on the 15th! Still don't know what to do for the one minute film wow loving life

Ugh same, I don't have any experience really so have nothing to show! Do you know how you're going to dress yet?!
Reply 10
Ugh same, I don't have any experience really so have nothing to show! Do you know how you're going to dress yet?!

Yeah I never got the opportunity to take media or film at school so I guess I'm a bit disadvantaged, and I don't even know about this workshop whatever. Probably just an informal dress or something! I went to an interview at UCA and no one was formal
Yeah I never got the opportunity to take media or film at school so I guess I'm a bit disadvantaged, and I don't even know about this workshop whatever. Probably just an informal dress or something! I went to an interview at UCA and no one was formal

How did your interview go?
Reply 12
How did your interview go?

Really well! I got an unconditional offer during the interview!! The lady was so nice. What about you?
Really well! I got an unconditional offer during the interview!! The lady was so nice. What about you?

Same here! Congrats! Gloucestershire here I come🎉 Also so glad I didn't dress formal as like you said most people were in jeans, phew haha
Reply 14
Same here! Congrats! Gloucestershire here I come🎉 Also so glad I didn't dress formal as like you said most people were in jeans, phew haha

It says conditional to make it unconditional I have to reject all other uni etc, is yours the same? Aw I'm surprised we didn't end up speaking to each other! Are you gonna go? It looks really cool
It says conditional to make it unconditional I have to reject all other uni etc, is yours the same? Aw I'm surprised we didn't end up speaking to each other! Are you gonna go? It looks really cool

Yeah mines the same. I know I was so nervous to speak to people even just the people in my group😩 I probably saw you though! And yeah I'm taking up the offer so may see you in September?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending