The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Wtf are you talking about Pashtuns for? :rofl: Hilarious.
Most Persians call themselves white anyway, I know that for sure.

Genetically, Persians are more similar to white European races, rather than their non-white counterparts.

People like you refer to 'white people' i.e. Europeans, in an attempt to separate the West and every other race that is not included in the western world.

Original post by Anonymous
The justification for Persians who actually may call themselves 'White' realistically probably lies in Social Norm, rather than science. To avoid the discrimination problem that exists.

Although historically Iranians are actually Caucasian, migration and interracial marriage has changed the demographic of modern-day Iranians drastically.

Firstly, Persians are not "white" they are caucasian. Secondly, Iranians are not all Persians and not all Persians are Iranian. I know Afghan Persians and Iranian Persians so can confirm this. End of.
Firstly, Persians are not "white" they are caucasian. Secondly, Iranians are not all Persians and not all Persians are Iranian. I know Afghan Persians and Iranian Persians so can confirm this. End of.

What do you think white even refers to? I'm not saying white on the basis of skin colour, that has no bearing on what I am saying.

Culturally, Persians have a lot of similarities with Europeans. We would regard France as a white country, and its language is not inconsistent with the Persian language. Persians also have a genetic make up which is similar to typically European ethnicities.

I know Iranian Persians. I am one.

Secondly, Iranians are not all Persians and not all Persians are Iranian. I know Afghan Persians and Iranian Persians so can confirm this.

Well, obviously. :facepalm: I said Persians, didn't I? I made no reference to country nor did I state that Persians were the only ethnic group of Iran.

Although I consider Persians white, I see the usage of the term 'white' in modern culture as stupidly ambiguous and problematic.

Are we just insisting on using 'white' to separate the western world with the rest of the world? Are we using it as an identity in itself? When did it move on from merely describing people of Caucasian origin?
Original post by LisaNikita
Hey TSR I am currently wondering if I should die my hair blonde to match my friend. However she is Albanian and I'm Arabic.
I've asked a few of my peers and they said it would suit me especially if I die the roots?? Do you think it would be possible?
My mum also told me "my hair should never be lighter than my skin"
However I have died my hair brown which was lighter than my skin and I looked relatively nice...

**Also my eyes are green and they contrasted really well with the brown, would like to experiment with blonde
And if you know any good hair dressers in the Central London area could you direct me to them??

Quite honestly, blonde hair just looks ridiculous on dark skinned people.
Well, for a start use temporary dye so if it doesn't look right, you can simply wash it out. If it suits you, then you simply buy semi-permanent or permanent dye. also go for a darker blonde shade, like ash blonde or dirty blonde. DO NOT go for white blonde hair - that doesn't look good on anybody when it is dyed. make sure the roots are covered and you'll be fine. and if your hair is currently black, and you plan to dye it yourself, you'll need to dye from black to light brown, then brown to blonde, or it will go green
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
What do you think white even refers to? I'm not saying white on the basis of skin colour, that has no bearing on what I am saying.

Culturally, Persians have a lot of similarities with Europeans. We would regard France as a white country, and its language is not inconsistent with the Persian language. Persians also have a genetic make up which is similar to typically European ethnicities.

I know Iranian Persians. I am one.

So you're saying Persians are white, just like how we call the English people "white".
Means some of my extended family are basically "white". I don't understand. No ones calls Persians white (not talking about skin colour, they are very fair but you can't be called white because of skin colour). This word is confusing.

[ QUOTE=SinsNotTragedies;69794744]
Well, obviously. :facepalm: I said Persians, didn't I? I made no reference to country nor did I state that Persians were the only ethnic group of Iran.

Although I consider Persians white, I see the usage of the term 'white' in modern culture as stupidly ambiguous and problematic.

Are we just insisting on using 'white' to separate the western world with the rest of the world? Are we using it as an identity in itself? When did it move on from merely describing people of Caucasian origin?

I think I was referring to the other poster when mentioned that. Agree this word is too confusing. So do you call yourself "white" to others and what's their reaction? Does this mean the Persians from Iran and Afghanistan are "white", would anyone call them white?
Can you please stop with the arguments and insults, it will not be tolerated
Original post by Rock Fan
Can you please stop with the arguments and insults, it will not be tolerated

thanks
Original post by kekekek
lol my ****ing 1% of the cotton field is more worth than your life

also those machine make you redundant lool ****ing morons u are now worthless completely and utterly worthless *****.

how do you feel that no one cares about the black lives matter ****ing moron

the perfect world is without all of the filthy n.iggers and all of the filthy thrash polluting the perfect whitness of the human race.

lol who hurt you? East africa was never part of that american slave trade.
Original post by Casisalive
You could of avoided this **** show of a thread by just doing this http://lmgtfy.com/?t=i&q=black+girls+with+blonde+hair

But none of them have my exact skin/undertone
I'm only posting because I know a girl who is a similar mix as you
half ugandan half swedish
her mum is white and she is somewhat black. I'll try to find a recent picture as this is from primary.
Original post by Marianade
I'm only posting because I know a girl who is a similar mix as you
half ugandan half swedish
her mum is white and she is somewhat black. I'll try to find a recent picture as this is from primary.

i looked a lot indian when i was younger
It completely depends on your shade tbh.
Arabs aren't black!!!!!

Black arabs exist.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 133
From "should I die my hair blonde" to full on flame war.

Classic TSR.
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Here that ?
@SinsNotTragedies
Get a life.

If you had any sense you'd stop posting and trying to cause any more arguments so I suggest we call this thread a day.
@LisaNikita You are 50% Arabic then. Since your dad is white
and die your hair blonde if you want.
I think you should not dye your hair blond unless you are willingly to compromise your black hair. Also think of the damage, root damage, no hair by 30. Thank You for your time. See you later. And I am Pas
Original post by sinatraa
:biggrin: I dont know what her issue is, nothing wrong with being black

Did she say there was anything wrong with being black?
proof?

This is you? So pretty
Hey TSR I am currently wondering if I should die my hair blonde to match my friend. However she is Albanian and I'm Arabic.
I've asked a few of my peers and they said it would suit me especially if I die the roots?? Do you think it would be possible?
My mum also told me "my hair should never be lighter than my skin"
However I have died my hair brown which was lighter than my skin and I looked relatively nice...

**Also my eyes are green and they contrasted really well with the brown, would like to experiment with blonde
And if you know any good hair dressers in the Central London area could you direct me to them??
Just because you're friends doesn't mean you should dye your hair to match them. If you do, you might as well bleach your skin too.

Be who you are, and not somebody else. FFS :colonhash:

Latest