The Student Room Group

co-ed vs single sex

Poll

Are co-ed or single sex schools better?

Is single sex or co-ed better?

Having gone to an all boys school i think co-ed is better there is too much aggression with an all boys school all trying to be top dog a couple of girls could have helped temper that i think how do you guys feel? I would have preferred co-ed.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I really don't see the point of all boys/all girls school.
You don't get single sex jobs (mostly) or single sex university courses so why make such a big deal out of children getting education together?
Reply 2
Single sex because I can't stand gobby women!
Original post by Nottie
I really don't see the point of all boys/all girls school.
You don't get single sex jobs (mostly) or single sex university courses so why make such a big deal out of children getting education together?

To stop gender stereotypes from developing too early too strongly.

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-38717926

Even before this research now, there were studies showing girls are much more likely to take STEM subjects at an all girls school then at a co-ed.

If I ever have girls, I will put them in an all girls school if at all possible.
All male/All female schools probably benefit from the lack of distractions from the opposite sex. The last thing you need is a really attractive human of the opposite sex sitting next to you as you try to learn. :tongue:
Co-ed. You have to work with everyone in real life.
Lol I read this completely wrong and picked single sex 😂 But yeah co-ed is way better, less drama than an all girls school which I went to
Original post by kiran.malik123
Lol I read this completely wrong and picked single sex 😂 But yeah co-ed is way better, less drama than an all girls school which I went to

I went to a co-ed school, and trust me, there's just as much 'drama'.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
I went to a co-ed school, and trust me, there's just as much 'drama'.

I agree that there's drama in every school but girls can be very *****y and when there's a whole school of them it becomes draining.
I agree that there's drama in every school but girls can be very *****y and when there's a whole school of them it becomes draining.

Yeah, so can guys.
Yeah, so can guys.

Iknow they can but from my experience I find girls to be *****ier, I'm not saying it's a fact I'm just speaking from experinece.

Spoiler

Iknow they can but from my experience I find girls to be *****ier, I'm not saying it's a fact I'm just speaking from experinece.

Spoiler

Okay, so every girl is a carbon cut-out of the ones you went to school with.
Okay, so every girl is a carbon cut-out of the ones you went to school with.

Lmao I didn't say all girls are the same, I just said I find them *****ier than guys & you're basically proving my point.
Lmao I didn't say all girls are the same, I just said I find them *****ier than guys & you're basically proving my point.

Not really, I just disagree with you stereotyping people like this.

Prey tell, do you just hang around with guys because they create less drama? :rolleyes:
(edited 7 years ago)
Not really, I just disagree with you stereotyping people like this.

Prey tell, do you just hang around with guys because they create less drama? :rolleyes:

I'm not stereotyping people at all I'm just speaking from personal experience that in schools girls can be really *****y and a lot of the time they are *****ier than guys are & I hang out with guys and girls why is this any of your business?
I'm not stereotyping people at all I'm just speaking from personal experience that in schools girls can be really *****y and a lot of the time they are *****ier than guys are & I hang out with guys and girls why is this any of your business?

No, you're using your experiences from the '*****y' girls at school to go on to say girls are more '*****ier' in general, which isn't really true.
You are stereotyping.

They're probably nasty to you, because they can see through you.

No, I was just interested, does that upset you?

Spoiler

No, you're using your experiences from the '*****y' girls at school to go on to say girls are more '*****ier' in general, which isn't really true.
You are stereotyping.

They're probably nasty to you, because they can see through you.

No, I was just interested, does that upset you?

Spoiler

Haha you seem pretty bitter to me, you're literally proving my point by being a *****. Why would I get upset by that, you're irrelevant to me i don't care what you think of me. I commented my opinion on this thread and if that got your panties in a twist that's your problem not mine. People usually get defensive if something is true so the only reason you're offended is because you probably are a ***** and my comment probably stung a bit because you think it's true.
Haha you seem pretty bitter to me, you're literally proving my point by being a *****. Why would I get upset by that, you're irrelevant to me i don't care what you think of me. I commented my opinion on this thread and if that got your panties in a twist that's your problem not mine. People usually get defensive if something is true so the only reason you're offended is because you probably are a ***** and my comment probably stung a bit because you think it's true.

I'm bitter about being bullied because I'm arguing with you. Logic. :h:

Idc whether you think I'm *****y or not-that would actually be kind of a compliment.

No, I just hate your attitude, and the fact that you call people out for acting the same way is laughable.

You're clearly offended, hence the long paragraph of 'I don't care about you' etc, etc. :smile:

Well done for proving my point.
Reply 18
TSR------>Drama. :creep:

I couldn't see myself in an all-girls school, that environment wouldn't suit my educational or social needs and wouldn't prepare me as I'd like to be prepared for LIFE which clearly doesn't involve a single sex territory.
Reply 19
^^prime example of starting a fight you can't win

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending