The Student Room Group

Who here voted remain and who leave?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Sakisaka
Think we need to wait a few years before people actually start regretting to vote leave, most people are still kind of in the "haha we won!!!" phase
Most?
Voted leave. I want my country back.
So in short pretty much everyone would do the same again.

Especially leavers

Posted from TSR Mobile
I voted remain and I would struggle to see how anyone could regret that seeing as they didn't win :tongue:

So yeah no I don't regret it.
Voted remain. Would do so again. Will move to europe when i can save enough money. Will return when we rejoin in 15 or 20 years time. Yes i see the Eu lasting that long.
u selfish pigs have ruined OUR future. the younger genrations. we could end up without a job cuz your so darn selfish. tell me who will suffer when £9m goes to waste. especially now trump's in power. huh? ur pathethic. go back to ur home country.
u've won huh not only that u've ruined ur children's future. who's gonna suffer and have to pick up after ur mess? huh? us... they know the consequences they still do it.
Voted remain as nothing convinced me we'd be any better off if we left. Yet to be proven wrong but time will tell.
Couldn't vote but know the majority of people close to me who could decided to vote remain. Why? Because for them it wasn't just about their future, but mine and future generations.

Leave or remain, there were going to be issues. But from what I, and others, could tell, Leave had more cons than pros. Scotland voted to remain, a whole country decided to remain yet has to leave. Same goes for London, a major financial hub voted to remain, shouldn't that warn us of something.
Reply 29
Original post by KhaleesiStorm
Couldn't vote but know the majority of people close to me who could decided to vote remain. Why? Because for them it wasn't just about their future, but mine and future generations.

Leave or remain, there were going to be issues. But from what I, and others, could tell, Leave had more cons than pros. Scotland voted to remain, a whole country decided to remain yet has to leave. Same goes for London, a major financial hub voted to remain, shouldn't that warn us of something.
A tribal preference for being linked to rEU rather the rUK (aka Ing-er-lund) does not a cogent argument make.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by viffer
A tribal preference for being linked to rEU rather the rUK (aka Ing-er-lund) does a cogent argument make.

If any of that made sense it would help. How is a tribal preference?
Reply 31
If any of that made sense it would help. How is a tribal preference?
Don't you mean "what"? How doesn't make sense.

Many (not all ergo not the whole country as you put it) Scots voted to stay in the EU. I suspect a sizeable proportion of those did so because they don't want to be linked to/associated with/governed from England. It is hardly a secret that England is considered 'The Auld Enemy' to many Scots. That viewpoint is tribal
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by viffer
Don't you mean "what"? How doesn't make sense.

Many (not all ergo not the whole country) Scots voted to stay in the EU. I suspect a sizeable proportion of those did so because they don't want to be linked to/associated with/governed from England. It is hardly a secret that England is considered 'The Auld Enemy' to many Scots. That viewpoint is tribal

Many Scots would lose out due to farming regulations the EU has. No secret that many Scots hate or dislike the English, but you can hardly blame us especially after Thatcher.

Considering
Original post by viffer
rEU rather the rUK (aka Ing-er-lund) does a cogent argument
made no sense.
38% of Scots still voted out which isn't an insignificant number. It's not the simple case of us against them re England that the SNP try and portray.
I voted remain, and would do so again
Reply 35
I voted leave because the EU is undemocratic and it was made for the benefit of rich people.
Reply 36
Original post by kaitlincup1
u selfish pigs have ruined OUR future. the younger genrations. we could end up without a job cuz your so darn selfish. tell me who will suffer when £9m goes to waste. especially now trump's in power. huh? ur pathethic. go back to ur home country.

Those who voted leave aren't selfish pigs. Those who voted remain are selfish pigs as they took sides with theundemocratic rich people's club
Reply 37
made no sense.

Seriously? You genuinely couldn't figure it out? Christ on a bike
rEU (= not incl the UK)
rUK = (not incl Scotland)

And as for Thatcher. She was PM up to 1990 ffs. However, I accept why she is considered by many as the Devil Incarnate because of the Poll Tax and miners strike. The first one was madness, the second had to be done imo. My father was a sensible moderate TU rep in Ayrshire at the time of the miners strike and even he agreed Scargill, Red Robbo etc needed to be dealt with for the greater good. But that's over 3 decades later for heavens sake. No, I can't blame you at all :colonhash:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RedManc
Those who voted leave aren't selfish pigs. Those who voted remain are selfish pigs as they took sides with theundemocratic rich people's club

All leaving has done though is hand more power to a load of Thatcherite fanatics at a time when we've got the worst opposition for decades.

Do you trust them not to go after worker's rights
now we're out? I certainly don't.
I proudly stood in the rain and voted REMAIN!

My decision was researched extensively as most of what both sides were saying was really trolling the other.

1. Freedom of movement in Europe. Lining up for visas is not funny!
2. Freedom of establishment.
3. Free movement of capital and labour.
4. The European Arrest Warrant
5. Research funding. UK is the second largest beneficiary of EU research funds.
6. Unified legislation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending