The Student Room Group

TSR's best threads of all time

Scroll to see replies

I feel sorry for the new generation of TSR users, they have literally nothing to choose from.

i swear you copied this list from somewhere else lol
Original post by Reality Check
Wow, on the first quoted thread by the OP, there's a response from @Bill_Gates with 446 reps. You don't see many of those!

you don't, no. Still, in 2011 400 reps minus the negs that are now hidden likely netted him 100 rep points. Most people were on -1, 0 or 1 and the very few big beasts of the forum had 4 points to give or, devastation, to take away.
Reply 24
Original post by cambio wechsel
you don't, no. Still, in 2011 400 reps minus the negs that are now hidden likely netted him 100 rep points. Most people were on -1, 0 or 1 and the very few big beasts of the forum had 4 points to give or, devastation, to take away.

People taking out my points????????????????? That would be so cruel.
Reply 25
Original post by hezzlington
I feel sorry for the new generation of TSR users, they have literally nothing to choose from.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4530526

See we literally have nothing to choose from ^^^^^^^^^^
Original post by EC
People taking out my points????????????????? That would be so cruel.

it was brilliant. So much better then than now. The rule was that you could neg or pozzy five times a day, this not five each, and that you couldn't rep someone until you'd given out 30 more reps, i.e. no more than once a week.

Then they did away with neg on the spurious ground that people were crying or something, when in fact it had only been revealed by data analytics that new posters who were negged often didn't revisit the site, which affected advertising revenue. And now you can rep as many times as you like so that everyone has 10 points and needn't wee his pants. Total farce, as if Amazon or Trip Advisor allowed only 5 star reviews.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
And of course, "Would I be stupid to turn down Cambridge?".

Second post, by ISA.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1510490

That one is up there. The rage makes me smile.
One I thoroughly enjoyed recently saw the likeably hapless KyleH123 stranded at London Victoria with three hours and counting before he could get on the Megabus. It was a live action thriller as he tried to bribe people to travel in from Hitchin Herts on the promise of a tall Americano. I couldn't tear myself away from my machine, and nor of course could anyone else.
Reply 30
it was brilliant. So much better then than now. The rule was that you could neg or pozzy five times a day, this not five each, and that you couldn't rep someone until you'd given out 30 more reps, i.e. no more than once a week.

Then they did away with neg on the spurious ground that people were crying or something, when in fact it had only been revealed by data analytics that new posters who were negged often didn't revisit the site, which affected advertising revenue. And now you can rep as many times as you like so that everyone has 10 points and needn't wee his pants. Total farce, as if Amazon or Trip Advisor allowed only 5 star reviews.

Lol as I know people on TSR they can slightly abuse of this kind of power.

Did any of you get past 5 gems anyway? :rofl:
Reply 31
One I thoroughly enjoyed recently saw the likeably hapless KyleH123 stranded at London Victoria with three hours and counting before he could get on the Megabus. It was a live action thriller as he tried to bribe people to travel in from Hitchin Herts on the promise of a tall Americano. I couldn't tear myself away from my machine, and nor of course could anyone else.

Oh my god I'm crying rn. LMFAO. :rofl: :rofl:

@KyleH123 what a memorable moment that clearly defined your existence...
Original post by EC

Did any of you get past 5 gems anyway? :rofl:

there was a fellow called @Clip who was very funny and was top of the pops for a long time but, I think, left with his arse in his hand when they did away with negging; it devalued his acheivement (?) He might then have had 9. And the bear similarly of course. Did you know @Viva Emptiness who was in our context the ultimately polarizing presence: an attractive woman with a very caustic wit? She got to 9 despite, as it must have been, an awful lot of spiteful negging.
Reply 33
there was a fellow called @Clip who was very funny and was top of the pops for a long time but, I think, left with his arse in his hand when they did away with negging; it devalued his acheivement (?) He might then have had 9. And the bear similarly of course. Did you know @Viva Emptiness who was in our context the ultimately polarizing presence: an attractive woman with a very caustic wit? She got to 9 despite, as it must have been, an awful lot of spiteful negging.

The leaders of the previous TSR generation. Speechless.

How many did you have Cambio? Don't be modest. :flutter:

:toofunny:

they don't know they're born :shakecane:
No thread of star threads is complete without "I'm being followed by a seagull".

161 reps to date.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1921751

I see your 161 rep OP and raise you a 215 rep OP made by yours truly :u:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3669143

I also like to think I started the recent trend of TSR click-baiting, which I'm not entirely sure is a positive thing but still :h:
Original post by WoodyMKC
I see your 161 rep OP and raise you a 215 rep OP made by yours truly :u:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3669143

I also like to think I started the recent trend of TSR click-baiting, which I'm not entirely sure is a positive thing but still :h:

Lol, that one was pretty funny, I will admit. :teehee:

I've been trying to find the thread about the guy who wanted to go to Oxford, but his dad wouldn't let him because he had to stay on the farm and work with pigs. That one was hilarious, can't find it now.
Reply 38
Lol, that one was pretty funny, I will admit. :teehee:

I've been trying to find the thread about the guy who wanted to go to Oxford, but his dad wouldn't let him because he had to stay on the farm and work with pigs. That one was hilarious, can't find it now.

Yeah other things tend to come up when you search for Oxford and pig...

Sadly my acid tongue has been neutralised by the totalitarian overlords who hand out cards like they're going out of fashion.

Still, it's nice to be remembered as I was :moon:

Quick Reply

Latest