The Student Room Group

The 2017 Oxford Decisions Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Original post by Melody321
Does that mean that they do not change the offer to like 4A's if you were doing 4?(I know that they have already given out offers but i thought they might give out more personalised offers on ucas rather than the general offer) So as long as you meet the requirements with any three subjects does it not matter what grade you get in the fourth one?

Original post by Maceyf
Im in exactly the same position please could someone shed some light on this??

All offers made to people doing A levels are the standard offer for that subject based on three A levels. If you want to drop one however, you should definitely ask them first - they likely won't have a problem with it, but changing the application that they based your offer on does mean they're allowed to withdraw that offer, so email your college's admissions before going through with anything. The grade in the fourth subejct doesn't matter as long as you hit your offer.

Also, if you do drop a subject, you need to contact UCAS to get them to update your application for all the universities you've applied to.
Reply 461
Subject: E&M
College: HMC
Outcome: Success
How did you find out? : Email
Original post by hoppy8
Subject: E&M
College: HMC
Outcome: Success
How did you find out? : Email

Harris Manchester?
Congrats!
Reply 463
Original post by hhealey13
Harris Manchester?
Congrats!

Yes! Thank you!
Original post by hoppy8
Yes! Thank you!

Me too! You're the only other HM applicant/offer holder I've seen so far
Reply 465
Original post by hhealey13
Me too! You're the only other HM applicant/offer holder I've seen so far

I guess it is because HMC is one of the smallest colleges in Oxford. Which subject did you apply for?
Original post by Trilllian
I am in a similar position to you with an offer from Oxford to study Physics of A*AA and one from Durham of A*A*A, and was wondering why you insured Durham even though the required grades are higher?

I haven't officially insured it yet as my UCAS track for Oxford hasn't updated yet. I haven't applied to anywhere with lower entry requirements than A*AA as last year (for maths), I sat C1, 2, 3, 4, FP1 and S1 and my UMS score is high enough in the non further modules that I've already guaranteed my A*. So this year I only need 2 As (which I am hopefully on track to get).
Out of all my other choices, Durham is by far my favourite so I guess I'll put it down for that reason.:h:
Original post by aimie_foster
I haven't officially insured it yet as my UCAS track for Oxford hasn't updated yet. I haven't applied to anywhere with lower entry requirements than A*AA as last year (for maths), I sat C1, 2, 3, 4, FP1 and S1 and my UMS score is high enough in the non further modules that I've already guaranteed my A*. So this year I only need 2 As (which I am hopefully on track to get).
Out of all my other choices, Durham is by far my favourite so I guess I'll put it down for that reason.:h:

Okay, thank you! :smile:
Reply 468
Anyone know the exact day oxford will legitimise our offers through ucas?

(edit: i know they said late jan)
Original post by k0g
Anyone know the exact day oxford will legitimise our offers through ucas?

(edit: i know they said late jan)

Someone mentioned that last year they got updated on the 26th.
Reply 470
Original post by koruk11
Someone mentioned that last year they got updated on the 26th.

Cool. Cheers mate
Original post by emfran19
Got an offer from Keble to read chemistry! So happy :smile:

Doing Chemistry at Magdalen! Looking forward to meet you! :smile:
Just got the UCAS update
Reply 473
Does anyone know if there's a Corpus Christi Offers Holders facebook group? I added myself for one then realized it was for Cambridge!
Reply 474
Original post by hiaus
Does anyone know if there's a Corpus Christi Offers Holders facebook group? I added myself for one then realized it was for Cambridge!

We have a group chat, you can join if you want? PM me?
Original post by ananya_01
Doing Chemistry at Magdalen! Looking forward to meet you! :smile:

You too! :smile:
How long does it take for them to give you your feedback once you have requested it?
Original post by Unidropout
How long does it take for them to give you your feedback once you have requested it?

the deadline is april i believe
Original post by auburnstar
the deadline is april i believe

I think you mis-understand- I've just sent the request for feedback. How long will it take for them to respond?
Original post by Unidropout
I think you mis-understand- I've just sent the request for feedback. How long will it take for them to respond?

the deadline for them to send feedback is april, but most will be 20 days

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending