The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Perserverance
Sorry to hear that :frown: What were your stats? & have you heard from elsewhere?

Original post by Ljbrown7
Oh no! Sorry to hear that :-(. You heard back from anywhere else? Was it pre or post interview?

It was pre-interview. Though, Birmingham was definitely a gamble because 1) my A levels are ABC and 2) I've only got an upper 2:1 and I know they prefer 1st classes. Didn't help that I only realised after submitting my application that I had to specify my degree % (which I didn't do) meaning they may have taken it as a low 2:1. I was Unsuccessful for Newcastle (5year) having just missed the UKCAT threshold too.

So I'm still yet to hear from King's and Southampton

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AmaduM
It was pre-interview. Though, Birmingham was definitely a gamble because 1) my A levels are ABC and 2) I've only got an upper 2:1 and I know they prefer 1st classes. Didn't help that I only realised after submitting my application that I had to specify my degree % (which I didn't do) meaning they may have taken it as a low 2:1. I was Unsuccessful for Newcastle (5year) having just missed the UKCAT threshold too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console:

I hope you hear good news from them! Good Luck!
Original post by AmaduM

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully you'll hear soon! Best of luck!
Rejection from Birmingham :'(
Best of luck to everybody else, I hope it goes well for those of you waiting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel like we're sitting ducks...
Reply 185
Hi guys! Just got my rejection...kind of gutted :frown:
Did everyone's email say we'd like to recommend you for the MPharm course? Funny when my degree is actually in pharmacy.
Wishing everyone else the best of luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 186
Just got my rejection. I had a 1st in Biomed. Yes mine said that too about the MPharm course, thoughtful but just not what I want to do!
Original post by Katray
Hi guys! Just got my rejection...kind of gutted :frown:
Did everyone's email say we'd like to recommend you for the MPharm course? Funny when my degree is actually in pharmacy.
Wishing everyone else the best of luck!

Sorry to hear that! I got mine yesterday and am gutted to :frown: I never got an email from the university though. I only had a notification from UCAS Track. I emailed the admissions yesterday as I want to know why they rejected me (although I do have an idea why) as UCAS does not provide any details on that. What was their reason for rejecting you, if you don't mind me asking?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 188
Original post by mj1dan2014
Sorry to hear that! I got mine yesterday and am gutted to :frown: I never got an email from the university though. I only had a notification from UCAS Track. I emailed the admissions yesterday as I want to know why they rejected me (although I do have an idea why) as UCAS does not provide any details on that. What was their reason for rejecting you, if you don't mind me asking?

Hey! Ah sorry to hear that! I know we were both waiting on Bham!
This is what the email said:

I am sorry to inform you that your application for the Medicine degree programme has not been successful. Competition for medicine is intense and we are unable to interview many of our high quality applications. The reason for rejection for most applicants is that their application score has not reached the threshold for this admissions cycle. Whilst I realise that this news is bound to be a disappointment, the Admissions Tutor for medicine, Dr Spruce, has agreed that we should offer you the opportunity for studying another course at the University of Birmingham.

So I guess my "applicant score" was not good enough..whatever makes up the score which we do not know...

Wishing you all the best with your application!
Reply 190
Original post by Perserverance

Surely out of the 800 applicants many do meet their academic criteria so I guess it comes down to the experience you've got...
Original post by Katray
Surely out of the 800 applicants many do meet their academic criteria so I guess it comes down to the experience you've got...

If you look carefully, you'll see instead of BBB it states ABB, so Im assuming they do change the threshold depending on the applicant pool. Guess this is where some people got messed about on.
Cannot believe it but I just got an offer! Anybody else?
Reply 193
Original post by Katnmort

Congrats! the email from A.Spruce? Same here...

Over the moon!!
Original post by Carcosa
Congrats! the email from A.Spruce? Same here...

Over the moon!!

Yes from a spruce! Congratulations to you also!
Original post by Katnmort

Me too!!!!! ARGHHHH congratulations!!!!!
Original post by ljbrown7
me too!!!!! Arghhhh congratulations!!!!!

brilliant!!!
Original post by Ljbrown7
Me too!!!!! ARGHHHH congratulations!!!!!

Me as well!! :h:
Original post by dropbears
Me as well!! :h:

Congrats!
Reply 199
I got an email too!

Latest

Trending

Trending