The Student Room Group

Should twitter be honest and admit they ban people who they disagree politically with

IMG_2628.JPG
This tweet is enough to get someone banned even though it does not break their terms of service

Scroll to see replies

Yeah, their behaviour with banning certain people is pretty indefensible.
This is all too common, branding statements that are not coherent with your views as hate speech.
I don't know if that's been confirmed as the 'offending' Tweet yet. Still utterly ridiculous either way.
They ban anyone on twitter.
They banned a black girl that painted her face white to appear Caucasian and avoid racial attacks when Trump won the election as a joke but she got banned.
It is just twitter, why does it matter?
Reply 7
Join a company's platform = abide by it's rules, no matter whether you think they're right or not.

Same as the moderation rules here.

If you don't like those rules: leave.
There's no rule to say you have to be on Twitter.
Reply 8
Sounds like TSR.
It's a private company, they can ban whoever they want
Rip milo yiannopoulos
What kravence and pete said. private company and they can ban who they like. Who really cares. Trump is really the power user, when imo it was on the wane. He's taken it to another level.
Reply 12
Original post by Drewski
Join a company's platform = abide by it's rules, no matter whether you think they're right or not.

Same as the moderation rules here.

If you don't like those rules: leave.
There's no rule to say you have to be on Twitter.

People have looked through his tweets and it doesn't appear he has actually broke any rules

Original post by 999tigger
What kravence and pete said. private company and they can ban who they like. Who really cares. Trump is really the power user, when imo it was on the wane. He's taken it to another level.

Original post by Kravence
It's a private company, they can ban whoever they want

I'm not saying they can't I'm saying should they not be honest about it rather than pretending to believe in free speech
Original post by joecphillips
People have looked through his tweets and it doesn't appear he has actually broke any rules

I'm not saying they can't I'm saying should they not be honest about it rather than pretending to believe in free speech

Clearly if it was a policy, then they disagree with you. If you dont like it find another platform.
Who cares?
Lol, that's the leftist agenda at its peak nowadays.

Brexit and Trump happened because of them.

When did they say they believed in free speech? Or was it assumed of them?

I don't see why they need to be, it won't make a difference
Original post by Mathemagicien
sjw =/= leftist

Not all leftists are SJWs, but all SJWs are leftists.
Original post by Mathemagicien
sjw =/= leftist

alt-right = special snowflakes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending