The Student Room Group

How long does it take to get flat abs if you already have a flat stomach?

:smile:.

Scroll to see replies

Just keep doing those exercises that the TSR fitness mods recommend. Fit people never stop working out (unless they're injured)
Reply 2
What are flat abs?
Reply 3
I'm gonna need an expla. too, what are 'flat abs'? X)
I agree, of your stomach is already flat, then how do flat abs work....?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shawn_o1
Just keep doing those exercises that the TSR fitness mods recommend. Fit people never stop working out (unless they're injured)

I only work out sometimes when I feel motivated. I want to work out daily :yep:
Reply 7

You'll need to lift weights to get that not just cardio.
For me, so a guy it took around 5 months of constant cardio and things.
So probably around the same for you
abs are disgusting on girls
Original post by saraxh
I only work out sometimes when I feel motivated. I want to work out daily :yep:

Make it a habit. People that train consistently just do it. They (we) don't do it because we always enjoy it

She's a bit too thin imo (that's personaly preference though, aim for whatever you want as long as they aren't a size zero)

Lose weight is how you look like her but by the time you see abs you'd be dangerously thin.

So i suggest weights and just maintain your weight and you'll build muscle and lose fat (for a while anyway)

Imo, this Youtuber has a great body. She was much thinner before when doing a bikini show:

https://youtu.be/hAr2Bkasbs4

She powerlifts. Kinda disproves the 'lifting weights will give me man arms' theory
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Unistudent77
Make it a habit. People that train consistently just do it. They (we) don't do it because we always enjoy it

She's a bit too thin imo (that's personaly preference though, aim for whatever you want as long as they aren't a size zero)

Lose weight is how you look like her but by the time you see abs you'd be dangerously thin.

So i suggest weights and just maintain your weight and you'll build muscle and lose fat (for a while anyway)

Imo, this Youtuber has a great body. She was much thinner before when doing a bikini show:

https://youtu.be/hAr2Bkasbs4

I'm already thin without dieting or working out much tbh. Yeah, I want to work out everyday. :yep:

Ty for the advice :smile:
Original post by LisaNikita
abs are disgusting on girls

Flat abs are buff.

Wait, are you sure you're talking about girls or do you still have this identity crisis going on?
Original post by saraxh
I'm already thin without dieting or working out much tbh. Yeah, I want to work out everyday. :yep:

No worries, don't workout EVERY day btw. Not weights anyway.

The FAQ provides routines, i'd say 3 times a week full body routine or 4 days a week, upper/lower split.

Start with machines etc (as easiest) and then progress to some free weights.

You'll see results.
I'm morbidly obese (!)

RT no. I just don't like it. Looks weird
Original post by Unistudent77
No worries, don't workout EVERY day btw. Not weights anyway.

The FAQ provides routines, i'd say 3 times a week full body routine or 4 days a week, upper/lower split.

Start with machines etc (as easiest) and then progress to some free weights.

You'll see results.

Oh okay.

Thanks again. :redface:
just keep doing compound exercises consistently and over time u will see defined abs
Reply 17
Original post by saraxh

I used to be like that and then medication ****ed me over :cry2:

Unistudent gives good advice. Don't expect immediate results though, and perhaps ease it in. I was going to the gym twice a week before Christmas for 3 months but I've now upped it to 4 times a week because my body can take it. :yep:
Original post by Angry Bird
just keep doing compound exercises consistently and over time u will see defined abs

Ok ty :smile:
Original post by Airmed
I used to be like that and then medication ****ed me over :cry2:

Unistudent gives good advice. Don't expect immediate results though, and perhaps ease it in. I was going to the gym twice a week before Christmas for 3 months but I've now upped it to 4 times a week because my body can take it. :yep:

Yeah but despite the medication you've made progress :smile:

To the other discussion in this thread re abs:

That's personal preference. In my opinion, i prefer a girl a bit chunkier than ab level but that's simply preference. The Youtube video i linked to is what i consider a very good, strong healthy body. Not emaciated.

At the end of the day women have a much higher bf% than men so aiming for visible abs is perhaps heading towards unhealthy territory but i see no reason why you can't aim for 'some' abs

Quick Reply

Latest