The Student Room Group

Hsbc work experience 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ladbants
Lol my cousin did commercial last year, he literally just served as a Chaucer type kinda guy doing customer service for no pay
I'd rather just get a part time job, you do the same stuff but you get paid

It's just that I feel that they're scamming people in a way because people associate it with investment banking and therefore apply to it thinking it's going to help towards that, but they instead work you hard doing boring work for free

oh well idm i can put it on the CV, yeah i already have a job lined up but its casual, but yeah the main reason i wanna do this is to put it on my experiences really
Original post by azizadil1998
oh well idm i can put it on the CV, yeah i already have a job lined up but its casual, but yeah the main reason i wanna do this is to put it on my experiences really

Cool, if you really wanna do this then go for it lol
But from what I've heard it's a lot more useful to include unrelated part time jobs than unrelated work experience because it shows a commitment to doing stuff outside of school and working hard, apparently recruiters are into that
Original post by Ladbants
Cool, if you really wanna do this then go for it lol
But from what I've heard it's a lot more useful to include unrelated part time jobs than unrelated work experience because it shows a commitment to doing stuff outside of school and working hard, apparently recruiters are into that

yep i have a lot of those. chessington, fulham fc, got an interview for wimbledon tennis championships too, and i've worked as a receptionist so i believe ive got that covered lol. thanks for the advice btw.. where do u find this stuff out?
Mainstream work experience which doesn't demonstrate any genuine ability apart from basic retail skills is quite useful imo. You're all better off looking for some work experience opportunities that are a little more niche. There are good ones out there and i've found that because they got so few applicants they just take up anyone lmao
Original post by sinatraa
Mainstream work experience which doesn't demonstrate any genuine ability apart from basic retail skills is quite useful imo. You're all better off looking for some work experience opportunities that are a little more niche. There are good ones out there and i've found that because they got so few applicants they just take up anyone lmao

care to share with me in PM? ill share back lool :P
yep i have a lot of those. chessington, fulham fc, got an interview for wimbledon tennis championships too, and i've worked as a receptionist so i believe ive got that covered lol. thanks for the advice btw.. where do u find this stuff out?

Just from some people I know in finance
Just had the interview!! Went really well ngl, the guy was really nice as well - they call from Poland for some reason lol (guessing call centre staff etc are cheaper/better there); just two questions asked, but one thing which was a bit annoying is you find out if you've passed the interview by the next 5 working days, however after that they do a final shortlist of candidates who actually get the placement, which is done by the end of March due to the amount of applications they receive.. they consider the online tests in this which i did 'just good' in so idk tbh. did the best i could with the interview though, prepared for the questions he asked luckily :biggrin:
Just had the interview!! Went really well ngl, the guy was really nice as well - they call from Poland for some reason lol (guessing call centre staff etc are cheaper/better there); just two questions asked, but one thing which was a bit annoying is you find out if you've passed the interview by the next 5 working days, however after that they do a final shortlist of candidates who actually get the placement, which is done by the end of March due to the amount of applications they receive.. they consider the online tests in this which i did 'just good' in so idk tbh. did the best i could with the interview though, prepared for the questions he asked luckily :biggrin:

Sounds like it went well then and waiting is the worst bit. What sorta questions did they ask?
Original post by Calumjacko
Sounds like it went well then and waiting is the worst bit. What sorta questions did they ask?

Think so man. The two questions were based upon the values; related to making a decision and helping someone that's all you need to know tbh :tongue: prepare for that thoroughly and you'll be fine! Good luck
Did anyone receive an email from HSBC following their interview? Had my interview last week and got an email from them today asking me to click on a link to complete a survey. I clicked on the link and it was asking me to choose my location preference. Also got another email like 15 mins later which is an Encrypted message asking me to open the attachment sent with the email and follow the instructions. Not sure if both emails are spam?
Original post by In Him we trust
Did anyone receive an email from HSBC following their interview? Had my interview last week and got an email from them today asking me to click on a link to complete a survey. I clicked on the link and it was asking me to choose my location preference. Also got another email like 15 mins later which is an Encrypted message asking me to open the attachment sent with the email and follow the instructions. Not sure if both emails are spam?

not yet but i had mine friday so that makes sense
not yet but i had mine friday so that makes sense

Ok, not sure whether to click on the survey as previous comms was received via the online portal so not sure if the email is spam. Also nothing came up when i clicked on the attachment from the Encrypted message.
how do you access your results of your online assessment?
i also got that email for the survey
Ok, not sure whether to click on the survey as previous comms was received via the online portal so not sure if the email is spam. Also nothing came up when i clicked on the attachment from the Encrypted message.

I just received the survey email but its in my spam so called them up to make sure its from them and they confirmed its fine, just to make sure they have our preferences apparently.. didnt get the other email tho. Which region have u applied for?
I just received the survey email but its in my spam so called them up to make sure its from them and they confirmed its fine, just to make sure they have our preferences apparently.. didnt get the other email tho. Which region have u applied for?

Yes phoned them up too and they confirmed it's not spam. Applied to London region.
Yes phoned them up too and they confirmed it's not spam. Applied to London region.

Same here! Which area? I mean like South/West/Central/North/East? haha im going for South.
I have not been contacted for a telephone interview. ( is this normal ?)

However, I have been sent an email for the survey.

Is there anything else i should know other than the fact that i have to submit which area I would like to complete the program in ?
Screenshot_2017-01-31-14-44-01.png
Im through!!
guys I've just been informed I passed the online assessment and I was asked to fill up a survey...i received an email about potential telephone interview but have not heard back...also, how do you access the results to your online assessment?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending