The Student Room Group

How long does it take to get flat abs if you already have a flat stomach?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by saraxh
I never track my calories but I might start. I only buy fast food on Fridays.

Yeah, I just to slowly reduce eating any unhealthy snacks by replacing it with fruit. :smile: It works for me.

I would encourage it.
People say they want abs or they want to 'tone' but 'don't need the negativity' (quoting from the other thread with the photos) of counting calories.... Like wtf.

Counting calories does not need to be obsessive. Frankly it is just necessary if you want to achieve your aims optimally (although possible without).

80:20 is a good rule. 80% of meals you eat well, 20% you have whatever you want within your calories.

If you're already slim then don't aim to lose more weight. Simply eat at maintenance, get on a routine and you'll be able to eat more since you're working out and you should see improvement in your body over time.

Simple as that
Original post by Unistudent77
I would encourage it.
People say they want abs or they want to 'tone' but 'don't need the negativity' (quoting from the other thread with the photos) of counting calories.... Like wtf.

Counting calories does not need to be obsessive. Frankly it is just necessary if you want to achieve your aims optimally (although possible without).

80:20 is a good rule. 80% of meals you eat well, 20% you have whatever you want within your calories.

If you're already slim then don't aim to lose more weight. Simply eat at maintenance, get on a routine and you'll be able to eat more since you're working out and you should see improvement in your body over time.

Simple as that

True :yep: I've stopped eating crisps/chocolate anyways :smile:
Ty
1 month I think.
Original post by Cherub012
1 month I think.

That's quick :smile:
Reply 44
Weighted ab exercises(e.g. medicine ball) and just lose fat. If you have low fat percentage already then gain weight(muscle) then lose weight(fat).
Original post by saraxh
That's quick :smile:

Yeah but skinny and abs don't look well together. (At least on guys :redface:)
Yeah but skinny and abs don't look well together. (At least on guys :redface:)

Most vs models have abs. I think they look good.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by saraxh
Most vs models have abs. I think they look good.

Spoiler

But they aren't skinny.

Spoiler

But they aren't skinny.

Spoiler

They are skinny(Victoria's Secret). If they aren't skinny then i'm not skinny.
Original post by saraxh
They are skinny(Victoria's Secret). If they aren't skinny then i'm not skinny.

Oh right. Not guys though.
Original post by LisaNikita
abs are disgusting on girls

Debatable, but good for you for having an opinion...I guess....
If you have flat stomach then it will give you a little edge in the process of building abs. But getting a flat stomach is the first step towards the abs building process, you have to follow other steps (proper diet and workout) too.

I am a fitness trainer and I face these queries on regular basis. Most of my clients worry about what to eat and when to eat, what kind of exercise they need to do? Dieting is the best way to get fit, Sometimes eating fats is also useful for our health & helps in getting toned abs. You can also consume healthy fats like raw nuts, peanut butter, olive oil etc.

You can also do different exercises like Plank, Side crunches, cable crunches etc and one most important thing which you have to follow is your eating habit. There are some things which you have to skip for getting abs like Soda, Say Bye to Fast Food etc.and most important never skip the meal. There are some myths like skipping the meal will help us in getting slim, but they all are fake talks.

Most of the time I refer this https://thelifesquare.com/best-tips-get-abs-girls-8575265/ for my diet plan and workout, I think it also beneficial for you. You can also find some tips and tricks to get stay fit from here. You can go here, explore diet plan and exercises according to your need. It will give you long term benefit.

Quick Reply

Latest