The Student Room Group

EMERGENCY:Wrote an e-mail to Cambridge which they found 'threatening', BIG trouble...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by answermenow
They forwarded the email to my school and now my head of year is so pissed off... He says Cambridge might even report me to UCAS and this might VOID my medical application. As for what I wrote, was something along the lines of "I hope you live to regret this" and "I have nothing more to add". Need an urgent good apology letter or my life is OVER!!!

What did the rest of the email say? If it was equally threatening then you need to write a very clear and honest apology to all concerned. You need to write this yourself and not ask other people to do it for you.

Did Cambridge only contact your school about this? As you're an applicant to medicine, I'm surprised they haven't forwarded their concerns to your other university choices. In fact, I would presume they are either trying to do that through UCAS or your school if they aren't able to see your other choices themselves.
Original post by Craghyrax
To say what exactly?

I'm really hoping they find your posts here :teehee:

I'm not stupid. This is half of my real name.
Original post by A-LJLB
Sorry, what? Do let me know what you're getting at pal

Edit: actually don't bother, you clearly just want an argument and I'm not wasting my time :rofl:

hahahahaha
Original post by JickDee
but if someone gets accepted, then the university deems them able to handle such a workload...

Yes well none of my maths courses will count as a "workload". So I need to find other ways to waste my time in year 12
Original post by LisaNikita
Yes well none of my maths courses will count as a "workload". So I need to find other ways to waste my time in year 12

what the **** are you on about
Reply 65

You have issues.
Original post by jickdee
what the **** are you on about

did you not just say **** about them wanting a heavy workload

Some of that name is real? :rofl:

It's pretty easy to guess who people are when it comes to looking at your applicants and people who post on TSR. And that's just when people are using TSR names completely unrelated to their real ones. With the amount that you like blabbing on here, I would not be surprised if it happens. And believe me... they are watching.

So about that word with your teacher. How is that going to go? 'Oh hi X person at Oxford, remember we had a nice friendly superficial conversation once? You're totally just going to let all the applicants from my school in straight away, aren't you?' If you get in, it will have been because you performed well at all the same tests and criteria that every one of your rivals were put through. Not because of 'connections' or any 'special relationship' you think your school has. I'm sure it works for them to give that impression, as it will attract parents to send their kids to that school. But it has no relation to reality.
But this is all by the by. My issue with you is how you thought it was a good idea to pass off the misinformed opinions you've picked up from your private school bubble as fact, when in fact you don't know what you're talking about. Don't do that :nn:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 68

You do know there are a number of visible and not so visible Oxbridge ATs and staff on TSR?

You should not be surprised at how easy it is for them to match applicants and their TSR aliases. And saying "This is half of my real name" and "I'm applying for Physics" has just made it even easier.
neurotypicals
did you not just say **** about them wanting a heavy workload

i said that if students get in then it means that they can handle a heavy workload

So you're in year 12, you haven't even got your grades yet let alone even applied for either uni and yet you were previously talking about how it'll be easy for you and your privately-educated buddies to get in? Looks like in addition to your insecurity about your skin colour, you also suffer from a superiority complex.
Reply 72
Original post by jneill
You do know there are a number of visible and not so visible Oxbridge ATs and staff on TSR?

You should not be surprised at how easy it is for them to match applicants and their TSR aliases. And saying "This is half of my real name" and "I'm applying for Physics" has just made it even easier.

It's a catfish account.
Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
neurotypicals

I'm not neurotypical. But now you've just given another detail about yourself that will make it easy to work out who you are if anybody wants to know :yy:
Original post by dindu
It's a catfish account.

I don't have the time and energy. But if you wish
Original post by Kyou
So you're in year 12, you haven't even got your grades yet let alone even applied for either uni and yet you were previously talking about how it'll be easy for you and your privately-educated buddies to get in? Looks like in addition to your insecurity about your skin colour, you also suffer from a superiority complex.

I'm not in year 12
Original post by jneill

Name: Lisa X or X Nikita
Grade: Year 12, or around that
School: St Angela's Independent school for girls, probably St Angela's Ursuline School (can check their results, also location says Romford)
University to apply: Oxford
Course to apply: Physics
Birthday: April 19 May 20 (matches the star sign, can have an estimated year easily)

A part of ORA.

I think probably this person doesn't actually exist though.
Original post by Little Toy Gun
School: St Angela's Independent school for girls, probably St Angela's Ursuline School (can check their results, also location says Romford)
Birthday: April 19 May 20 (matches the star sign, can have an estimated year easily)

A part of ORA.

Also add the fact that she's of 'Arabian' descent, although clearly black in origin. She's also in Year 11, according to this thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4500682
So clearly has no basis at all on what she's talking about.
Original post by Little Toy Gun

A part of ORA.

having checked that school's results, i don't know why she is propagating that state schools get **** grades

Quick Reply