The Student Room Group

Is he not over his ex or am I being paranoid?

My boyfriend of 13 months, he gave me flowers on his anniversary with his ex girlfriend I ignored it.

They were together for 3 years, he did want to reconcile with her 2/3 months before we got together after being a part from her for over 1 year and a half. He changed his mind about reconciliation due to family pressures.

I have a feeling and some signs he's trying to make his ex girlfriend jealous. His cousin consistently likes his exs posts and comments, I just find this behaviour weird because she didn't do this before. I'm sorry, but he's my boyfriend and his family shouldn't be liking his exs posts etc. It's plain weird. It's not like they have children etc together then fair enough.

At the moment, I think he's using me to try and make her jealous so she comes back to him or something. Does he still love her or am I just overthinking the situation?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
My boyfriend of 13 months, he gave me flowers on his anniversary with his ex girlfriend I ignored it.

They were together for 3 years, he did want to reconcile with her 2/3 months before we got together after being a part from her for over 1 year and a half. He changed his mind about reconciliation due to family pressures.

I have a feeling and some signs he's trying to make his ex girlfriend jealous. His cousin consistently likes his exs posts and comments, I just find this behaviour weird because she didn't do this before. I'm sorry, but he's my boyfriend and his family shouldn't be liking his exs posts etc. It's plain weird. It's not like they have children etc together then fair enough.

At the moment, I think he's using me to try and make her jealous so she comes back to him or something. Does he still love her or am I just overthinking the situation?

Could be a number of things, the most plausible could be, he is trying to show off that he is with you, although it is probably something you'd need to bring up with him as he can then provide clarity and clear things up before it becomes too disheartening for you.
I feel like you could be overthinking it. Does he ever like her posts or anything like that?
Reply 3
Original post by TheGoodPharaoh
I feel like you could be overthinking it. Does he ever like her posts or anything like that?

She blocked him off everything. But she has his sister and cousin on social media. His sister doesn't like her posts. But my boyfriend and his cousin are really close so I have a feeling he's keeping a eye on her through her.
Reply 4
Original post by Rhythmical
Could be a number of things, the most plausible could be, he is trying to show off that he is with you, although it is probably something you'd need to bring up with him as he can then provide clarity and clear things up before it becomes too disheartening for you.

Probably is, I just found out recently he tried to reconcile with her after being broken up for over 1 year and a half. That just through me off, so it raises my doubts more about him not being over her.
She blocked him off everything. But she has his sister and cousin on social media. His sister doesn't like her posts. But my boyfriend and his cousin are really close so I have a feeling he's keeping a eye on her through her.

If you've been together for 13 months then I doubt he would go that far to make someone jealous
Reply 6
Why did they break up in the first place?

He changed his mind about reconciliation due to family pressures.

^ what does that mean

And if he wanted to be with her again while you're in a relationship it's pretty ****ed up.
Reply 7
If you've been together for 13 months then I doubt he would go that far to make someone jealous

He was on tinder in his previous relationship (not me) and that's when he tried to reconcile with his ex girlfriend. He was with her for like 13/14 months.
Reply 8
Original post by EC
Why did they break up in the first place?

He changed his mind about reconciliation due to family pressures.

^ what does that mean

And if he wanted to be with her again while you're in a relationship it's pretty ****ed up.

He broke up with her because of his family, they wouldn't approve of her. That's why it ended. He's already tried to reconcile with her before after being broken up for ages and think he wants to reconcile with her now.

I'm just confused.

It's not weird for family to like his exes posts
She was a part of their life at one point
You need to talk to him or you're just going to get even more paranoid and the relationship will go downhill
Reply 10
He broke up with her because of his family, they wouldn't approve of her. That's why it ended. He's already tried to reconcile with her before after being broken up for ages and think he wants to reconcile with her now.

I'm just confused.

But then why does his cousin and sister follow her on social media if the family doesn't approve?

What other signs are there that make you think he might want to do that? Has he been treating you differently?
Original post by A-LJLB
It's not weird for family to like his exes posts
She was a part of their life at one point
You need to talk to him or you're just going to get even more paranoid and the relationship will go downhill

What I mean is his family didn't approve of her and they didn't like her, so is his cousin consisently liking her posts all of a sudden?
What I mean is his family didn't approve of her and they didn't like her, so is his cousin consisently liking her posts all of a sudden?

Most likely his parents didn't approve
Your boyfriend isn't liking anything of hers, don't let other people's actions upset you
If they really didn't approve they wouldn't be following her or anything
If it's really getting to you, talk to your boyfriend
Original post by EC
But then why does his cousin and sister follow her on social media if the family doesn't approve?

What other signs are there that make you think he might want to do that? Has he been treating you differently?

I have no idea. He always used to crop me out of his profile pictures and he introduced me to his sister and cousins after being together for a month. Major red flag. I realise this would, who introduces their partner after a month.

I just think he wants his ex jealous so she comes back to him. And not the other way around because his sister found out that he wanted to reconcile not her.
He was on tinder in his previous relationship (not me) and that's when he tried to reconcile with his ex girlfriend. He was with her for like 13/14 months.

Asking him is the only real way to find out but it's up to you
Original post by A-LJLB
Most likely his parents didn't approve
Your boyfriend isn't liking anything of hers, don't let other people's actions upset you
If they really didn't approve they wouldn't be following her or anything
If it's really getting to you, talk to your boyfriend

I think it was his parents and sister. Whereas his cousin seems fond of her.

How can my boyfriend like her posts when she's blocked him off everything?
Asking him is the only real way to find out but it's up to you

I will ask but I doubt he'll be honest
I think it was his parents and sister. Whereas his cousin seems fond of her.

How can my boyfriend like her posts when she's blocked him off everything?

That's irrelevant, I don't mean literally, what I'm saying is if it's not him doing it, don't let it wind you up
He's your boyfriend, not hers
Don't let it ruin your relationship
Reply 18
I have no idea. He always used to crop me out of his profile pictures and he introduced me to his sister and cousins after being together for a month. Major red flag. I realise this would, who introduces their partner after a month.

I just think he wants his ex jealous so she comes back to him. And not the other way around because his sister found out that he wanted to reconcile not her.

Crop you out? What..that's so weird lol.

If he did this while he had another relationship, it's not hard to believe he would do it again tbh.
Original post by EC
Crop you out? What..that's so weird lol.

If he did this while he had another relationship, it's not hard to believe he would do it again tbh.

Yeah, and now he put a picture of us together after 13 months to piss her off. He cropped me out for months and I couldn't figure out why.

Yeah, he tried to reconcile with her before despite being in a relationship (not me) and he was on tinder.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending