The Student Room Group

EMERGENCY:Wrote an e-mail to Cambridge which they found 'threatening', BIG trouble...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JickDee
your school is a state school by the way
"St Angela’s Ursuline School is an 11-18 voluntary-aided girls’ school founded by the Ursuline Sisters in 1862 and now under the trusteeship of the Diocese of Brentwood."

Edit: correct!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by LisaNikita
Yeah. A boarding school

What class tho? Are you going to the ski trip on February ?
maybe its someone else just using my name trying to ruin my university chances and you are hopping on it. what you gonna do?? its fraud XDDDD

In that case when she finds out she can contact TSR. TSR can provide your IP address, location, and any other information to the police.

You may then go to children's jail, if you're a child.

And regardless I doubt anyone will bother. Very few black applicants get into Oxford every year so chances are that you or that girl won't get in anyway.
Original post by Little Toy Gun
In that case when she finds out she can contact TSR. TSR can provide your IP address, location, and any other information to the police.

You may then go to children's jail, if you're a child.

And regardless I doubt anyone will bother. Very few black applicants get into Oxford every year so chances are that you or that girl won't get in anyway.

it was sarcasm obviously. i dont understand how commenting on the tsr could make me lose a uni spot
Original post by jneill
Voluntary-aided means it's Independent (ie private).

Posted from TSR Mobile

its majority state-funded though
Original post by JickDee
its majority state-funded though

The government only pays for our school because its in a bad area. 10 years ago forest gate was beautiful. Just on thursday a boy was stabbed in the head and it made the news
If any oxbridge people are looking here btw she's already said she's in yr 10 and I can assure you that her arrogance and self superiority is not something a top uni would want.
OP made the most camp threat ever lol
The government only pays for our school because its in a bad area. 10 years ago forest gate was beautiful. Just on thursday a boy was stabbed in the head and it made the news

Wait are you in year 10? Year 11? Year 12?
Do you wanna clear this up for your own sake

What year are you in? Yr 12?

Why were u ranting about state schools then
Original post by ShikaMekiFuka
What class tho? Are you going to the ski trip on February ?

no mr johnsons going
Original post by JickDee
Why were u ranting about state schools then

we pay aswell.
Original post by A-LJLB
Wait are you in year 10? Year 11? Year 12?
Do you wanna clear this up for your own sake

don't quote me
we pay aswell.

U dont have to

Posted from TSR Mobile
don't quote me

Don't be salty tho.,,,, it ain't a sin
don't quote me

:rofl:
Original post by A-LJLB
:rofl:

SAVAGE 👌🏼👌🏾
There are so many horribly wrong things with this thread and none of them have to do with the OP's initial issue. (which, if their summary of the email is accurate, is in fact not an issue at all - professionalism or otherwise) Especially from some that should know better.

There has been issues of bullying, ill-formed sniping and just some basic serious bad advice.

Except these, which were about the only good things to come out of this:

Original post by cambio wechsel
Assuming this as real, I've some sympathy for the OP. In underslept disappointment I've written some frankly mortifying Emails; these more usually to recently ex-partners than to admissions tutors, but still. And you'd think Cambridge, or anywhere, would have the sense to parse "I hope you'll live to regret this" as suggesting only the lad's determination to prove them wrong in their decision.

Good luck to you pal.

Original post by SirAlexFerguson
I feel sorry for you as I too have made many mistakes "in the heat of the moment", just one of those things lol

Just write a genuine letter and see what they say, im very surprised Cambridge even bothered to write to your head of sixth as I am sure they can spend their time more wisely.
I think there are better ways you could have voiced your disappointment. Maybe saying "Even though I have been rejected by the top University in the country, I am still determined to become a Doctor. Thank you for your time.". This little stunt might have just cost you your entire future career and you should now do your best to apologise to everyone who knows about it before it escalates even more.

(If troll post, ignore the above)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending