The Student Room Group

Annoying Year 7s

Before I start, don't get all salty because I insulted your year group. I was there once, yeah yeah. Onwards...

Right. I started Secondary School in September 2012, and it probably was that my year were a bunch of fools (some, not all) and that because they're my year group, it probably went unnoticed. I remember going in there on the first day (Tuesday 4th September I think) thinking 'OMG wth I'm so nervous. Just be nice to everyone and treat them fairly' - That's how I, and many other year 7s like me, functioned, but as we progressed through to 2015 (end of year 9), we relaxed a bit and did what all teenagers did - Be slightly rebellious and be *****y (we all do it, let's be fair).
These year 7s. OMG from the year below mine (currently year 10) they were so rude and acted like they owned the place - They're still like that, even in year 10! Next year 7s after them were ok. A few idiots here and there, but it was much better. After that. Still ok but more idiots. Now... the life of me shivers with the thought of this (not THAT serious lol)...
These year 7s act like they're year 9s. They swear incessantly, they mouth off to NICE teachers, yes NICE teachers, they skip in front of the queue, act like the boss etc. etc. Someone please get me a drink *drinks imaginary cider*.
This is different. There may be a previous group chat thingy about year 7s, around near the time I was in year 6/year 7, and I understand our year group are *****y, but the state of these year 7s. No no no. They need to go back home and do their bluddy homework and stay respectful of the higher years like I and my friends were.

Scroll to see replies

o me gawd

first world problems ftw
i feel for you. the year below me are just like that!!!

im in year 9 btw
Original post by nstar12
i feel for you. the year below me are just like that!!!

im in year 9 btw

I've never really had a problem with the present year 8s. Maybe it's just lucky but as you go down, people get more cockey but not you. You understand the struggle
Original post by JosephCiderBwoy
I've never really had a problem with the present year 8s. Maybe it's just lucky but as you go down, people get more cockey but not you. You understand the struggle

yeah, and can i say, its a nightmare!!!

they be absolute *****es to the nicest teacher in teaching history. why? WHY???

anyways, i try to shut them out before they actually metamorphose into actual ****s
A Year 7 had the AUDACITY, to come up to me and snigger, put him in his place because obviously someone at home isn't doing their job.
Original post by nstar12
yeah, and can i say, its a nightmare!!!

they be absolute *****es to the nicest teacher in teaching history. why? WHY???

anyways, i try to shut them out before they actually metamorphose into actual ****s

They are manipulative. They know at that age they could complain if a teacher hit them in retaliation or shout at them, and their shithead parents who were probably like their kids will ring up and complain how their 'snuggle monster was abused by a teacher' PLEASE teachers have emotions too.
Original post by Popsiclez
A Year 7 had the AUDACITY, to come up to me and snigger, put him in his place because obviously someone at home isn't doing their job.

Good on you. Hopefully he, like I did, will put his head down and stfu. However I was just naturally nervous. I was never a spiteful year 7
year 7s are just dumb
Original post by thisistoocomplex
year 7s are just dumb

that's an understatement
They are manipulative. They know at that age they could complain if a teacher hit them in retaliation or shout at them, and their shithead parents who were probably like their kids will ring up and complain how their 'snuggle monster was abused by a teacher' PLEASE teachers have emotions too.

i know, this kid came up to me one day and started cussing me. o cussed him back, put him in his place and he goes crying off to 'mummy dearest' who comes over to me and accuses me of emotionally abusing her 'precious son'.

puh-lease.
I'm in year 12 and can confirm the kids are getting more naughty and ruder than eved before. It drives me insane.
Reply 12
They're kids, what do you expect ?
Original post by ErinMei
I'm in year 12 and can confirm the kids are getting more naughty and ruder than eved before. It drives me insane.

Yeah. They are so self-absorbed in Musical.ly and snapchat. They are being raised in the era of doom! thank god we were 2000s kids!
Yeah. They are so self-absorbed in Musical.ly and snapchat. They are being raised in the era of doom! thank god we were 2000s kids!

I swear when I was a kid I was watching Tracy Beaker, playing club penguin and pretending to make mud pies lmao.
I cannot relate more. The Year 7s in my school are so mouthy and rude and bratty, like someone needs to sort them out. They yell when we have exams and skip the queue, and their language is pretty filthy for 11 year olds.

I swear when I was a kid I was watching Tracy Beaker, playing club penguin and pretending to make mud pies lmao.

Exactly! Club Penguin for the win!

they're also getting shorter

Lol that was me. At home, everyday from School... Trapped! that show where kids go into a tower. That was the best. I have memories of watching it when I was quite little. I never really played Club Penguin, but My friends sometimes asked me lol. Instead of making mud pies I used to make fake soup with rainwater and play hospital lolol.
[QUOTE="DeepInTheMeadow;69750558"]I cannot relate more. The Year 7s in my school are so mouthy and rude and bratty, like someone needs to sort them out. They yell when we have exams and skip the queue, and their language is pretty filthy for 11 year olds.

Exactly! Club Penguin for the win![/QUOTE
Year 7s never uttered a word, really, in my year group, but it then got out of control. It's like an outbreak of Rude*****iness Disease

Spoiler

Quick Reply