The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by oey99
Hmm I'm not sure tbh. Maybe wait for a while before you call or email them. I know how you feel 😭 Try to be patient and hopefully everything will go well :smile: good luck I hope you receive an offer too :smile:

I'll wait until Monday and then I'll email them but I am just so worried as everyone else seems to have heard back the outcome of their interview!!
Congrats to those who got offers. May I know whether u r all home applicant or international?
Original post by Medcraze
Congrats to those who got offers. May I know whether u r all home applicant or international?

I'm a home applicant.
Did the others with offers get an email from imperial (apart from the track update)? I haven't (yet)
Original post by oey99
My interview was on the 18th of Jan. I felt the interview went pretty well, interviewers were friendly, I did feel that some parts could have gone better but oh well I have the offer now. A*AA with the A* in either biology or chemistry. There was nothing about a scholarship in my offer. Has anyone received one?? They have classified me overseas for some reason but I guess I'll have to complete the fee assessment questionnaire.

Same didn't hear about a scholarship either. How do you see whether you've been classified as home or overseas? Thanks and Congrats!
Original post by MeenalochniDeepy
Did the others with offers get an email from imperial (apart from the track update)? I haven't (yet)

Nope
To those who received offers, how long after your interview did you hear back?
Hi! Invitations for interviews are in progress? What is the timeframe in which invitations are made?
Reply 1308
Original post by song_han
To those who received offers, how long after your interview did you hear back?

I had my interview on the 18th and heard back on the 26th so only 8 days after my interview. It varies as some people heard within 5 days and some people didn't hear back yet although they've had the interview couple weeks ago
Reply 1309
Original post by AortaStudyMore
Where are you getting this info? As far as I know, the limit to the number of hours worked is actually being raised back to 90 hours.. these things are being removed not put in place. Jeremy Hunt seems to think that death rates are higher at weekends, and that doctors need to be forced to work over weekends to combat this, but it's just not true. He's just being a typical politician looking at stats and numbers and hasn't actually thought about the fact it's pretty hard to make a life or death decision when you're tired. And even if let's just say that the argument is only about money, and not about patient safety, imagine being made to work all those hours literally saving people's lives and then get paid half as much a tube driver. You could probably get a higher hourly rate working in a restaurant. Also, studying medicine isn't cheap... I know that first hand and I'm only in my second year out of 6, so money is still important in the equation, even if it's not the most important factor. Idk, it's interesting how you seem to be quite pro-contract haha, I don't think I've ever spoke to anyone who is in favour for it

Hey I was wondering why it's so expensive. This may sound dumb but do you have to pay the £9000 a year for all six of your years at uni or is it just the first 3?
Original post by MariaChis
Hi! Invitations for interviews are in progress? What is the timeframe in which invitations are made?

Are you also waiting ?
Original post by Medic17
Are you also waiting ?

The last of the interview offers should be done by the end of this month (or early in Feb)... I'm waiting too
Original post by cheeku
The last of the interview offers should be done by the end of this month (or early in Feb)... I'm waiting too

I heard they send all the way till march
Original post by cheeku

Good luck !!
It's practically the end of January and I haven't heard from Imperial. A100, 6.1 4.5 3.5A. Do they really not give out interview offers into Feb and March?
Original post by anonmous270
It's practically the end of January and I haven't heard from Imperial. A100, 6.1 4.5 3.5A. Do they really not give out interview offers into Feb and March?

Hopefully they should !! Please read the information below carefully as the answer to many common enquiries can be found here and by following the links to the website. If your enquiry is not answered by the information provided below or within the links then we will respond as soon as possible. Due to the level of enquiries received we will be unable to respond to emails where the answers are provided either below or within the links. BMAT All applicants, without exception, must sit the BMAT in the year that they apply. The BMAT cut off scores for 2017 will not be released until May 2017 at the earliest, once all decisions have been made. For 2016 entry, the minimum scores required were: a score of 4.5 in section 1 a score of 4.5 in section 2 a score of 2.5 and grade B in section 3 This information is a guide only. The actual cut off scores for 2017 may vary. Interviews Interview invitations will be issued from Monday 5th December and will continue being sent through until March. Interviewing is an ongoing process, so please do not contact us asking if you have an interview. If you have not received a decision through your UCAS track then your application is still under consi
Original post by Medic17
Hopefully they should !! Please read the information below carefully as the answer to many common enquiries can be found here and by following the links to the website. If your enquiry is not answered by the information provided below or within the links then we will respond as soon as possible. Due to the level of enquiries received we will be unable to respond to emails where the answers are provided either below or within the links. BMAT All applicants, without exception, must sit the BMAT in the year that they apply. The BMAT cut off scores for 2017 will not be released until May 2017 at the earliest, once all decisions have been made. For 2016 entry, the minimum scores required were: a score of 4.5 in section 1 a score of 4.5 in section 2 a score of 2.5 and grade B in section 3 This information is a guide only. The actual cut off scores for 2017 may vary. Interviews Interview invitations will be issued from Monday 5th December and will continue being sent through until March. Interviewing is an ongoing process, so please do not contact us asking if you have an interview. If you have not received a decision through your UCAS track then your application is still under consi

In the email we got before Christmas, they said 'The Registry Admissions team have been issuing invitations to interview following the release of BMAT scores. Outcomes will continue to be communicated and invitations to interview sent into the new year, and it is anticipated that this will continue until the end of January.'.
I wonder which is right! This is scary haha, best of luck dude
Original post by anonmous270
In the email we got before Christmas, they said 'The Registry Admissions team have been issuing invitations to interview following the release of BMAT scores. Outcomes will continue to be communicated and invitations to interview sent into the new year, and it is anticipated that this will continue until the end of January.'.
I wonder which is right! This is scary haha, best of luck dude

I only have four emails from them and cannot find this. Was this sent in the 22/12/16 one ?
Are we expecting some results tomorrow around 10pm or do they give out offers/rejections on Tuesdays and Wednesdays only?
Original post by Picturesque2016
Are we expecting some results tomorrow around 10pm or do they give out offers/rejections on Tuesdays and Wednesdays only?

I got one on Thursday so I'm guessing it can be any weekday from 10:02pm

Quick Reply