The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Original post by Bunratty
Why are honest people always inconvenienced because of the dishonest? Everyone is always tarred with the same brush. People nowadays, including TSR posters, distrust everyone, to the point where everyone is guilty until proved innocent. That is wrong.

Why do authorities only trust other authorities (which are often dishonest btw)?

I am by no means grumbling about Cambridge alone in this respect. I just find the constant work of having to prove the truth so tiresome!

Enjoy being a lawyer :smile:
Try checking with your college about the certificates - I wasn't sure about getting them stamped so I emailed Pembroke admissions just this week and got the following response:

'As long as they are copies of the official certificates from the awarding body, they do not need to be stamped by your school.'

So perhaps some aren't too concerned about verification?
Original post by jneill

Exactly!

In Law you are innocent until proven guilty. That is what I want to work for.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by LouKayenta05
Try checking with your college about the certificates - I wasn't sure about getting them stamped so I emailed Pembroke admissions just this week and got the following response:

'As long as they are copies of the official certificates from the awarding body, they do not need to be stamped by your school.'

So perhaps some aren't too concerned about verification?

Aha! Sense prevails at Pembroke! I will hope for the same.😊

Thank you.
Original post by jneill

Again:

Why can't my present school sign the copies?
Reply 925
Again:

Why can't my present school sign the copies?

Oh, yes that's fine. I was thinking your were a mature student....
Original post by jneill

Oh noooo! Nothing mature about me! Especially the tantrums when the world ain't how I want it to be!😈
Original post by jneill

Do all proof of grades sent off need to be signed? Can I not just send a photocopy of the certificates/grade cards?
Reply 928
Original post by HolyRomanEmpire
Do all proof of grades sent off need to be signed? Can I not just send a photocopy of the certificates/grade cards?

Check what your college has requested.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Xphoenix
Looks like I'm just going to have to change my identity...

Next thing they're gonna drop on me which I'll find out is that they'll use the photos for matriculation or graduation or something...

If you really don't like your SAQ photo, you can probably get it changed before you arrive if you email your college's admissions office with a replacement.
Extremely important question: does Trinity have a college pet?
How's everyone doing??
Reply 932
Oh noooo! Nothing mature about me! Especially the tantrums when the world ain't how I want it to be!😈

And yet:

I left the school where some of these A-levels were taken 3 years ago 😶

So you took some A-levels 3 years early? (And that post was why I assumed you were a mature student.)
Reply 933
Original post by peachykeen
Extremely important question: does Trinity have a college pet?

Byron did but it's not there any more.
Reply 934
Original post by Forecast
If you really don't like your SAQ photo, you can probably get it changed before you arrive if you email your college's admissions office with a replacement.

do you think this would actually work? at the time i had to submit my saq i had huge puffed up wrinkled eyes from a severe allergic reaction... I looked horrific
Would hate to be reminded of that every time i use my student id!
Original post by wiwp
do you think this would actually work? at the time i had to submit my saq i had huge puffed up wrinkled eyes from a severe allergic reaction... I looked horrific

I have no clue, but what have you got to lose by trying? They're not going to withdraw your offer because you asked to change your photo. :wink:
Original post by wiwp

Usually it doesn't.
Every year about this time we get lots of posts from panicked offer holders on wanting to change their photo. But as a principle they don't accept the request as if they allow a few, it will open the floodgate.
You can try if you're really desperate, but don't bank on it.

I mentioned this problem to one of ATs last year (?) and suggested may be it's a good idea to state much more clearly to applicants that's their photo on application would be used on their university card if they get in to avoid unnecessary troubles for both sides, but it seems the situation hasn't improved yet.........

Edit:
Btw university card (= ID card) is used mostly on keypads/digital locks to open doors/gates that are only accessible to university members, so you don't have to actually show the card to a human very often while at Cambridge.
Most of the time you have to use it as a photo ID card is when you're not at Cambridge and use it to get student discount or something like that. But a photo is quite small, so they won't see the details on your face. :wink:
My daughter changed her hairstyle completely safter she applied to Cambridge, so looked very very different from the photo on her card, but no problem in using it as ID outside uni.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by vincrows
Usually it doesn't.
Every year about this time we get lots of posts from panicked offer holders on wanting to change their photo. But as a principle they don't accept the request as if they allow a few, it will open the floodgate.
You can try if you're really desperate, but don't bank on it.

I mentioned this problem to one of ATs last year (?) and suggested may be it's a good idea to state much more clearly to applicants that's their photo on application would be used on their university card if they get in to avoid unnecessary troubles for both sides, but it seems the situation hasn't improved yet.........

Edit:
Btw university card (= ID card) is used mostly on keypads/digital locks to open doors/gates that are only accessible to university members, so you don't have to actually show the card to a human very often while at Cambridge.
Most of the time you have to use it as a photo ID card is when you're not at Cambridge and use it to get student discount or something like that. But a photo is quite small, so they won't see the details on your face. :wink:
My daughter changed her hairstyle completely safter she applied to Cambridge, so looked very very different from the photo on her card, but no problem in using it as ID outside uni.

To be honest I don't think teenagers are often pleased with photos of themselves (and, to a larger extent, adults too) especially when said photo has not been seen for a while
Original post by SteamboatMickey
To be honest I don't think teenagers are often pleased with photos of themselves (and, to a larger extent, adults too) especially when said photo has not been seen for a while

Yep, that's why, I think, they don't allow it or they'd be inundated with countless and endless requests to change it.
I just wish they'd let applicants t know about how their photos would be used more clearly.
Original post by vincrows
Yep, that's why, I think, they don't allow it or they'd be inundated with countless and endless requests to change it.
I just wish they'd let applicants t know about how their photos would be used more clearly.

I thought it was stated on the photo page of the SAQ? I might be wrong...

Latest

Trending

Trending