St Andrews Hopefuls 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kiera28
Thank you! What have you applied for?

BSc Sustainable Development :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
St Andrews is my dream uni! But I don't think I will get an offer as my grades are just a bit over the minimum grades (IB 38 points)
Reply 742
Offer for Physics (AAA). Happy to hear back from them!
Original post by wolfmoon88
Do you have an offer yet? Just curious cuz you are pretty active on this thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, no reply, just pending. I didn't realise I was active aha.
What holds your interest in sustainable development?
Original post by alexsmxth
It's just my favourite - I loved StA but it's just so far away and because I think I'll end up in a law conversion course I don't necessarily need an MA

Fair enough, I'm pretty interested in law too. I'm interested in Philosophy but if I did it by itself the only job I'd want at the end is judge/solicitor. I think I'm a bit too shy to be a barrister haha
Original post by soccermom39
No, no reply, just pending. I didn't realise I was active aha.
What holds your interest in sustainable development?

Hope you hear back soon :smile:

Interdisciplinary nature of the subject mostly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 746
Original post by alexsmxth
I just got an offer for Philosophy guys (V500)! I'm an RUK applicant, conditional offer of AAB

Original post by Jaylene
Received a conditional offer for Philosophy earlier today, i'm beyond ecstatic!

Me too - AAB! Still waiting to hear from Edinburgh but I had been planning on firming Durham (3As) but now I'm really torn between it and St A because St Andrews look higher in the rankings for lower grades, although I should be able to get 3 As...
Original post by Rolojo
Me too - AAB! Still waiting to hear from Edinburgh but I had been planning on firming Durham (3As) but now I'm really torn between it and St A because St Andrews look higher in the rankings for lower grades, although I should be able to get 3 As...

Don't think about the rankings. Both are quality unis. Look at the courses and student life, 3 yrs vs. 4 years etc... and decide which one is more of a fit for you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aminxv
Offer for Physics (AAA). Happy to hear back from them!

KILL ME.

I guess I'm as good as rejected now. Everyone's already getting offers........
Original post by fandom-queen
KILL ME.

I guess I'm as good as rejected now. Everyone's already getting offers........

No news is good news :smile: relax! And have faith!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a little bit late to the party: I didn't realise St Andrews had a thread! So glad to find one! How is everyone doing? Has anyone heard anything from the English department? Going out of my mind with worry 😬
Original post by Atticaitfinch
I'm a little bit late to the party: I didn't realise St Andrews had a thread! So glad to find one! How is everyone doing? Has anyone heard anything from the English department? Going out of my mind with worry 😬

Hi :smile:

Excited to see this thread become more active in the last few days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard back from the Computer Science department, i'm afraid I might have jeopardised my chances by applying for 2nd year entry :/
Original post by ElleCee
Got an offer for Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry and External Placement today!! :biggrin: Anybody else? :smile:

Well done! I received an unconditional for MChem Chemistry for St Andrews the other day. I'm currently trying to decide between StA or Glasgow though for my firm choice! :tongue:
Original post by Rolojo

Ah, when did you guys apply? I have still not heard anything back for philosophy :frown: I applied one day before the deadline, wondering if that had something to do with it :frown:
Original post by wolfmoon88
Hi :smile:

Excited to see this thread become more active in the last few days.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! It's really cool to meet new people on here as well as possible future student buddies! What've you applied for?
Reply 756
Original post by johnjovie
Ah, when did you guys apply? I have still not heard anything back for philosophy :frown: I applied one day before the deadline, wondering if that had something to do with it :frown:

I applied in early October so been a long wait..
Don't worry, I think it's still pretty early for people to hear from St A, especially if you applied a bit later!
Original post by Rolojo
I applied in early October so been a long wait..
Don't worry, I think it's still pretty early for people to hear from St A, especially if you applied a bit later!

Ah that's reassuring I suppose. I am just so worried, things like this make me so nervous!! If you don't mind me asking what grades etc were you applying with? :smile: don't feel obliged to share!

Well done on getting an offer btw :smile:
Original post by Atticaitfinch
Hi! It's really cool to meet new people on here as well as possible future student buddies! What've you applied for?

:yep: indeed

BSc Sustainable Development, you? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey 😊 I have applied to economics. Has anyone had an offer yet? (I am Scottish applicant)

Well done to all offer holders! 🙌🏻

Quick Reply

Latest