The Student Room Group

Have you ever been sexually harrassed in public?

Tell me your stories of sexual harassment in public, don't be embarrassed as it's not your fault. This can be anywhere - on the bus, on the train, out in the street, etc. It's important to talk about these things.

I don't know if this counts, but it was still very awkward:

I was sat in the Bus Station, eating my Steak Bake, and some vile 40-50 year old man, clad in tracksuit, with missing teeth, reeking of sweat and booze came up to me and asked "Hey bruv does this bus go to Huddersfield, like?". Now, I instantly became suspicious because this particular bus only goes to Huddersfield and the sign that was right next to me said "To Huddersfield".

I said "Yes, clearly" and he sat next to me - even though there were many other seats around - and started talking on the phone. I thought this was the end of it, but he was talking loudly on the phone and I heard THIS:

"Oh yeah these two guys, beautiful body, starting sucking eachother off in my shower room and I started to **** off to them and they didn't seem to care". "They had a nice ****".

Clearly, he was speaking loudly on purpose and before I could make my escape, he turned off his phone and turned to me and said "Sorry, I wasn't speaking too loudly was I?" and then started to monologue about how he was a football coach and how beautiful these 18 and 21 year old boys were, in a lot of detail. I put my Steak Bake away and stared at this man with disgust, but because I didn't want to cause a scene I just smiled and repeated "Really? Wow."

Thankfully, my bus arrived at the station and I said "I must be going now". He tried to shake my hand but I wasn't touching his semen embroidered hand so I snatched it away and got on my bus.

Needless to say, if anything like this happens again I won't stick to my social conditioning and I'll deal with it my way.

Scroll to see replies

Gross :l
One time when I was around 11 (Yes, really!) I went to a youth club like 15 minutes away. My town is small and pretty safe, so my mum trusted me to bike home. Anyyyyway, I remember this older lad, about 16 I think, ginger hair, chavvy, was walking the same way as me (it was quite dark and unfortunately in a secluded area). I'm being polite and making conversation and he suddenly puts his arm around me and is like "You're so gorgeous". I'm quite shy so my response was "Oh nooo, there's other girls who are prettier than me, really..." I tried to pull away from his arm but he still clung on, walking a little bit. I just thought if I made it near my house I could deal with this. But then he said "Would you ever have sex without a condom?" And that's when I freaked. I quickly squeaked that I needed to get home and hopped on the bike I was holding and pedalled like fire. I remember being so distraught and sobbing that I didn't go to school the next day. Thankfully I never saw that guy ever again at the youth club.
Yes a guy actually grabbed my bum then ran away. I was so shocked and couldn't believe it happened :/ I would've slapped him if I could.
Reply 4
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Gross :l

Original post by stu.dying
One time when I was around 11 (Yes, really!) I went to a youth club like 15 minutes away. My town is small and pretty safe, so my mum trusted me to bike home. Anyyyyway, I remember this older lad, about 16 I think, ginger hair, chavvy, was walking the same way as me (it was quite dark and unfortunately in a secluded area). I'm being polite and making conversation and he suddenly puts his arm around me and is like "You're so gorgeous". I'm quite shy so my response was "Oh nooo, there's other girls who are prettier than me, really..." I tried to pull away from his arm but he still clung on, walking a little bit. I just thought if I made it near my house I could deal with this. But then he said "Would you ever have sex without a condom?" And that's when I freaked. I quickly squeaked that I needed to get home and hopped on the bike I was holding and pedalled like fire. I remember being so distraught and sobbing that I didn't go to school the next day. Thankfully I never saw that guy ever again at the youth club.

My God that's disgusting

Original post by saraxh
Yes a guy actually grabbed my bum then ran away. I was so shocked and couldn't believe it happened :/ I would have slapped him if I could.

Disgusting eurgh I hate these people so much
Original post by AshEntropy
My God that's disgusting

Disgusting eurgh I hate these people so much

He looked about 23 and I was 15/16 at the time. Wtf is wrong with people. :s-smilie:
Ive had my ass and genitals grabbed in a nightclub but because im male it probably wont be met with the same disgust.
Yeh, guys have grabbed my ass on the train and in the street :angry: The only time my reflexes were fast enough to punch a guy, he was too drunk to care. I'm contemplating learning a martial art so I can floor the next **** who tries that! :reaper:
Reply 8
Original post by saraxh
He looked about 23 and I was 15/16 at the time. Wtf is wrong with people. :s-smilie:

Makes me wish I had done martial arts as a child. :s-smilie:

Original post by hezzlington
Ive had my ass and genitals grabbed in a nightclub but because im male it probably wont be met with the same disgust.

Seriously? What the heck - did you do anything about it?

Original post by Craghyrax
Yeh, guys have grabbed my ass on the train and in the street :angry: The only time my reflexes were fast enough to punch a guy, he was too drunk to care. I'm contemplating learning a martial art so I can floor the next **** who tries that! :reaper:

I'm glad you gave them what they deserved
Makes me wish I had done martial arts as a child. :s-smilie:

Seriously? What the heck - did you do anything about it?

I'm glad you gave them what they deserved

If only my dad was there to punch them. I know a bit of boxing but i'm still weak. :s-smilie:
Reply 10
Original post by saraxh
If only my dad was there to punch them. I know a bit of boxing but i'm still weak. :s-smilie:

I've always wondered, what are the laws on this kind of thing? Like, punching them? Are there certain situations that allow it?
I've always wondered, what are the laws on this kind of thing? Like, punching them? Are there certain situations that allow it?

Idk I'd just say for self defense reasons(something like that) I punched them.
Reply 12
Original post by saraxh
Idk I'd just say for self defense reasons(something like that) I punched them.

Yeah me too :colondollar:
I've been followed in the street twice and not left alone by some guy on a train who wouldn't just **** off. Been felt up more times than I can count in clubs and even had someone put their hand up my skirt. And that's not even counting the years of having things yelled at me in the streets (Which started way too young), but I am not sure if they count as harassment since it's a one time thing each time rather than them continuing after being told to stop.

It's safe to say, I am no longer remotely polite to people who do this anymore. I don't give a rats ass if I hurt someone's feelings, you piss me off you'll be damn well told about it.
Reply 14
Original post by SophieSmall
I don't give a **** if I hurt someone's feelings, you piss me off you'll be damn well told about it.

I agree :h:

Krav Maga the *******s.
Original post by Cherub012
Krav Maga the *******s.

Yeh I'm looking at the different options now. I'd like to be capable of inflicting severe pain and humiliation on those cretins :hmpf:
Reply 17
Yeh I'm looking at the different options now. I'd like to be capable of inflicting severe pain and humiliation on those cretins :hmpf:

Yeah they truly deserve it

I don't practice it but I heard just 6 months of training in Krav Maga can produce some really good results.
Original post by hezzlington

^ same

Not genitals but my ass x 3/4 times in a club.

Quick Reply

Latest