The Student Room Group

6-form options

Hi, i'm looking at going to six form. I have some options I would like to take but it was pointed out that I should pick A-levels that go well together. Is this a huge deal? or should I pick ones which I don't want to because they work well together?
Original post by DarkIronsBarzakh
Hi, i'm looking at going to six form. I have some options I would like to take but it was pointed out that I should pick A-levels that go well together. Is this a huge deal? or should I pick ones which I don't want to because they work well together?

Which subjects are you considering? Also, have you got any idea of what you want to do/study after A Levels? :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
Which subjects are you considering? Also, have you got any idea of what you want to do/study after A Levels? :smile:

Hi, computer science, biology and possibly law. I was looking at a computer science course in Uni but possibly a master apprentiship which will get me through Uni for free.
Hi, computer science, biology and possibly law. I was looking at a computer science course in Uni but possibly a master apprentiship which will get me through Uni for free.

Have you considered doing A Level Maths? I don't study computer science myself, but I have noticed that many universities require A Level Maths for it. Perhaps you'd consider taking Maths over Law? :smile:
Have you considered doing A Level Maths? I don't study computer science myself, but I have noticed that many universities require A Level Maths for it. Perhaps you'd consider taking Maths over Law? :smile:

I would like to do A level maths, unfortunately I do not have the ability to take it, my maths level is only entry level. I would struggle. Also I have seen some Unis ask for a science, would chemistry be a better subject than law? (on top of biology).
I would like to do A level maths, unfortunately I do not have the ability to take it, my maths level is only entry level. I would struggle. Also I have seen some Unis ask for a science, would chemistry be a better subject than law? (on top of biology).

Yes, I think that Chemistry would be better to take than Law. Have you tried contacting a few universities to see what they think about your options? :smile:
Yes, I think that Chemistry would be better to take than Law. Have you tried contacting a few universities to see what they think about your options? :smile:

I agree
Double check with units to see if they have any particular requirements

wow, no i hadn't thought about that! Thanks you have helped loads! Amon Amarth for life man!
Original post by Emma:-)
I agree
Double check with units to see if they have any particular requirements

I have looked and most high-end Unis ask for maths and a science. I think that I may have to go to one not as good :/ Unless they will take me without.
wow, no i hadn't thought about that! Thanks you have helped loads! Amon Amarth for life man!

You're welcome! :h:

Are you an Amon Amarth fan too? :biggrin:
You're welcome! :h:

Are you an Amon Amarth fan too? :biggrin:

Hell yeah man! Raise your horns is my favourite, yours?
Hell yeah man! Raise your horns is my favourite, yours?

Awesome. At the moment it's Vengeance Is My Name, although it may change :yep:
Awesome. At the moment it's Vengeance Is My Name, although it may change :yep:

Good choice lol, I hope to see them live someday, have you?
Good choice lol, I hope to see them live someday, have you?

I haven't seen them live yet, though I'd definitely consider it. I don't have any friends who like the same music as me though, and I don't really want to go alone, you know what I mean?
I haven't seen them live yet, though I'd definitely consider it. I don't have any friends who like the same music as me though, and I don't really want to go alone, you know what I mean?

Definatly get what you mean, they are best when shared, and would help spread travel costs.
I have looked and most high-end Unis ask for maths and a science. I think that I may have to go to one not as good :/ Unless they will take me without.

Id still take chemistry instead of law though.
Look at other unis (not high end ones) and see what they say.
Original post by Emma:-)
Id still take chemistry instead of law though.
Look at other unis (not high end ones) and see what they say.

Yeah I have chemistry would be a better choice.
Yeah I have chemistry would be a better choice.

Thats good then.

Quick Reply

Latest