The Student Room Group

Why do People make "comments" about strangers?

Not had this directed at myself before cos I'm a big lad, but I notice this a lot round where I live. Without being classist it's always a certain "type" of person doing this too, not always a chav but usually someone lower middle class.

For example, I was in M & S the other day and some staff member was announcing some tasters on a loudspeaker, and three middle aged guys next to me immediately started talking BS about the guy - "Oooh, he's had a wee long day!" "Calm down lad! Heh heh heh", "Nice shirt," etc. So weird :rolleyes:

Was also just waiting for the bus and this chubby blonde girl and her bf were next to me. I could see them "eyeballing" literally every person who walked past, and when some posh dressed desi chick walked by the girl made a face, nudged her boyfriend and said "She looks like a druggie" :rofl: :lolwut:

Why do some people make stupid comments about strangers?
(edited 7 years ago)
Poor education.
Original post by PrinceWilliams
Not had this directed at myself before cos I'm a big lad, but I notice this a lot round where I live. Without being classist it's always a certain "type" of person doing this too, not always a chav but usually someone lower middle class.

For example, I was in M & S the other day and some staff member was announcing some tasters on a loudspeaker, and three middle aged guys next to me immediately started talking BS about the guy - "Oooh, he's had a wee long day!" "Calm don lad! Heh heh heh", "Nice shirt," etc. So weird :rolleyes:

Was also just waiting for the bus and this chubby blonde girl and her bf were next to me. I could see them "eyeballing" literally every person who walked past, and when some posh dressed desi chick walked by the girl made a face, nudged her boyfriend and said "She looks like a druggie" :rofl: :lolwut:

Why do some people make stupid comments about strangers?

A little ironic that you seem to object to people making comments about strangers but are happy to arbitrarily classify strangers as 'lower middle class' or 'chavs'
They've got nothing better to do.
Original post by Willy Pete
Poor education.

You mean manners or just generally? :lol:

Original post by Reality Check
A little ironic that you seem to object to people making comments about strangers but are happy to arbitrarily classify strangers as 'lower middle class' or 'chavs'

Lol, shouldn't make comments in the first place then.

And this hasn't happened to me yet but if it did I'd happily call them a chav if they were. :lol:
Original post by retro_turtles

^^^
Original post by retro_turtles

tru dat :ahee:

Quick Reply

Latest