The Student Room Group

What are your aspirations?

Tell me what your aspirations are, how they've changed over time and how you'd like to end up.

And always remember to just shine like you know you can

Scroll to see replies

No time for that!

Get to a nuclear bunker!
Essentially to just be happy!
Reply 3
I've always wanted to be a Dank Memer
Reply 4
To leave my room.
But no, I've always been a huge book worm so when I was little I wanted to be a children's author. I remember being made to read one of my stories to the entire school in year 4 (traumatised but whatever :tongue:). Now I want to work in History, and learn German fluently!
My aspiration is to find someone, settle down, and become a doctor after university.

Right now it's all about getting the grades to university firstly.
Reply 7
Original post by UWS
To leave my room.

We shouldn't aspire to do things that are impossible.
Reply 8
To not be a complete piece of **** <3

Still not quite there.
Reply 9
Original post by UWS
To leave my room.

Same here :rofl: I always make plans and then never carry them out :redface:

Original post by stu.dying
But no, I've always been a huge book worm so when I was little I wanted to be a children's author. I remember being made to read one of my stories to the entire school in year 4 (traumatised but whatever :tongue:). Now I want to work in History, and learn German fluently!

That's awesome, I was a freelance writer last year to make a bit of extra cash. I was going to write a few children's books for a up-coming charity called Sickle and Me. Are you learning German through school/college/uni? I want to learn Spanish but I don't want to do it through the education system.

Original post by Rhythmical
My aspiration is to find someone, settle down, and become a doctor after university.

Right now it's all about getting the grades to university firstly.

That's awesome! Good luck, I know it's competitive out there but we need more people like you :smile:
When I was young I wanted to become an author, but I would start writing and then never really finish what I'd started, so I gave up on that plan. Now, I would like to become a volcanologist and work somewhere like Iceland :yep:

I'd like to find a boyfriend as well :colondollar:
Original post by Amefish
Same here :rofl: I always make plans and then never carry them out :redface:

That's awesome, I was a freelance writer last year to make a bit of extra cash. I was going to write a few children's books for a up-coming charity called Sickle and Me. Are you learning German through school/college/uni? I want to learn Spanish but I don't want to do it through the education system.

Yes I'm currently in year 11, studying for my GCSEs! My mocks in German went really well as I moved from a B on my listening to an A! I did actually want to take Spanish but I really do enjoy German, so much so that I'm the only one in my school who wants to do German A level (I have to get a bus to another school to learn it in 6th form :tongue:). That's so cool that you're writing for a charity, I hope it goes well for you!
No idea. No idea what's worth pursuing at the moment. Can't see myself settling down tbh, maybe settle down as a solicitor. Yeah i'm a bit lost with it all, what's worth pursuing?
Reply 13
I aspired to join the armed forces and last year I did that! :smile:
My main goal is to just be as happy and healthy as possible :yep:

Besides that, I want to rescue and adopt as many animals as I can throughout my life and also do more to raise awareness about MH conditions.
Original post by Revie
I aspired to join the armed forces and last year I did that! :smile:

Which and what role?
Reply 16
Original post by Dat Tall Guy
No idea. No idea what's worth pursuing at the moment. Can't see myself settling down tbh, maybe settle down as a solicitor. Yeah i'm a bit lost with it all, what's worth pursuing?

Pursue whatever will make you happy, it's not about money or pleasing your parents. Do something you will enjoy :smile:

Original post by stu.dying
Yes I'm currently in year 11, studying for my GCSEs! My mocks in German went really well as I moved from a B on my listening to an A! I did actually want to take Spanish but I really do enjoy German, so much so that I'm the only one in my school who wants to do German A level (I have to get a bus to another school to learn it in 6th form :tongue:). That's so cool that you're writing for a charity, I hope it goes well for you!

Ahh that's cool, I'm in year 13 and I haven't studied Spanish since year 9 so I need to find a different way to learn it :tongue: good luck with your GCSEs, if you need any help just let me know! I'm studying English Language, Geography and Biology at A2 so I'd be able to help most with those subjects :smile:

Original post by Leviathan1741
When I was young I wanted to become an author, but I would start writing and then never really finish what I'd started, so I gave up on that plan. Now, I would like to become a volcanologist and work somewhere like Iceland :yep:

I did that as well! I used to write on Wattpad. Once I started writing a story about a secret agent, it was getting a few thousand reads every time I uploaded a new chapter... but then at the 5th chapter I realised I didn't know the first thing about secret agents so I gave up :rofl: what year are you in? Have you looked at university degrees - what do you think you'll choose to become a volcanologist?
Original post by Leviathan1741

Have you heard of Decade Volcanoes? If you fancy taking a risk some of these places might go the way of Pompeii soon.

I know! We should open a decade volcano business.

Yes i'm getting ahead of myself.
Reply 18
Original post by Dat Tall Guy
Which and what role?

RAF Asop
Original post by Amefish

I did that as well! I used to write on Wattpad. Once I started writing a story about a secret agent, it was getting a few thousand reads every time I uploaded a new chapter... but then at the 5th chapter I realised I didn't know the first thing about secret agents so I gave up :rofl: what year are you in? Have you looked at university degrees - what do you think you'll choose to become a volcanologist?

Haha aww, at least you had a go though!

I'm doing a degree in Geoscience at the moment, and I'm hoping to do a Masters in Volcanology at Lancaster or Bristol afterwards :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest