The Student Room Group

A Level Rush Questions help.

Hi, so I tend to rush (Edexcel) Mathematics questions. I am currently in A2 and I think it was the rush that didn't get me the A at AS.

I always tend to find I know the concept, and I even understand tricky questions, but I end up getting it wrong due to stupid mistakes and I like to leave steps out just to get to the final answer fast.

I think I feel I would run out of time in an exam.

Does anyone have any tips to overcome this.
Original post by mahmzo
Hi, so I tend to rush (Edexcel) Mathematics questions. I am currently in A2 and I think it was the rush that didn't get me the A at AS.

I always tend to find I know the concept, and I even understand tricky questions, but I end up getting it wrong due to stupid mistakes and I like to leave steps out just to get to the final answer fast.

I think I feel I would run out of time in an exam.

Does anyone have any tips to overcome this.

What I did (although it was slightly painful) was after doing each line of working, I checked to make sure that each line followed on from the previous line correctly by looking at it and doing it in my head again.

Also, coming back to a question after doing other questions to look at it with fresh eyes helps as well.

As for understanding how much info needs to be written on the paper, don't be silly and write out every factorisation / individual differentiation etc but also don't go from the first line to the answer straight away... past papers and mark schemes helps you to understand how much you need.

Maybe you can tackle papers in exam conditions as well, like sitting in your exam hall to do it..

Quick Reply

Latest