The Student Room Group

Which Chinese Zodiac animal are you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UWS
Yes, finally another rooster! :five:

It is our year.

me too uws
Original post by john2054
Willy pete's is the correct listing. this means you are an ox im afraid.

Doh! :p:
Original post by UWS
As it's Chinese New Year today, I thought I'd add this thread for a bit of fun!
Your zodiac animal is based on the year you were born, so refer to the table below!

I'm a Rooster, or a **** :mmm:

So, which one are you?

Spoiler

Discuss.

Rabbit Represent :biggrin:
I never thought I would be a horse x
Tiger.
Reply 85
Original post by mariaayub123
I never thought I would be a horse x

You are now :tongue:
an Ox :erm:
Reply 87
Original post by CleverSquirrel
an Ox :erm:

CleverOx
A snake :colone:
Pig 🙄😂

Year of Birth Characteristics Wood Pig 1935, 1995 Good-natured, lovely, easy-going, generous, brave but irritable
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 90
Original post by ForestShadow
Rabbit Represent :biggrin:

新年快樂!
(Happy New Year!)

How many red envelopes did you get? :mmm:
Rabbit :biggrin:
Lapin
Conejo
Cwningen
RAWR I'm tigger!!

Attachment not found
Wtf I dont like the animal I am :\ Wish I had something cool like a dragon.

Original post by markova21
Are we meant to put the year we were born too? 1967.

1967? :eek2:
Original post by UWS
新年快樂!
(Happy New Year!)

How many red envelopes did you get? :mmm:

Haha my Cantonese is bad but I can still read those key phrases ofc :lol:

Happy new year to you too :h:

I got a few , some were given very early during my summer hols by my grandparents so thats always good, played a ton of mahjong - won twice :u: (sadly we werent betting money cos my bro is little and we dont want him gambling his ass away later in life), family dinner and I practised bboying enough to get half an airflare! - only half one one but still its an airflare ! :biggrin:

Did you get many pockets yourself and how did you spend your new years?? :holmes:

[video="youtube;3b7cr09RGFQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b7cr09RGFQ[/video]
Reply 95
Haha my Cantonese is bad but I can still read those key phrases ofc :lol:

Happy new year to you too :h:

I got a few , some were given very early during my summer hols by my grandparents so thats always good, played a ton of mahjong - won twice :u: (sadly we werent betting money cos my bro is little and we dont want him gambling his ass away later in life), family dinner and I practised bboying enough to get half an airflare! - only half one one but still its an airflare ! :biggrin:

Did you get many pockets yourself and how did you spend your new years?? :holmes:

[video="youtube;3b7cr09RGFQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b7cr09RGFQ[/video]

I'm actually in Malaysia right now, just casually sitting at home relaxing haha. My family live in Malaysia and I hadn't had a proper Chinese New Year celebration for about 15 years so this is really cool.

No Mahjong for me lol, I don't even know how to play it, only the solitaire version online but that kinda sucks :lol:

At midnight, we set off fireworks and firecrackers! Every house did it here so you can imagine the noise was quite deafening!

Then, we visited all my aunts and uncles (I have 7 of them) to have some food and to receive envelopes. I got quite a few of those "pockets" as you call it, but that's the benefits of having a large family....and not being married :lol:

Food though :drool:
Original post by UWS
I'm actually in Malaysia right now, just casually sitting at home relaxing haha. My family live in Malaysia and I hadn't had a proper Chinese New Year celebration for about 15 years so this is really cool.

No Mahjong for me lol, I don't even know how to play it, only the solitaire version online but that kinda sucks :lol:

At midnight, we set off fireworks and firecrackers! Every house did it here so you can imagine the noise was quite deafening!

Then, we visited all my aunts and uncles (I have 7 of them) to have some food and to receive envelopes. I got quite a few of those "pockets" as you call it, but that's the benefits of having a large family....and not being married :lol:

Food though :drool:

Yeah I saw your blog mate :coma: looks like a sick trip indeed:yep:

15 years is a hella long time so a good old big gathering is long overdue :007: any relatives asking if you have a gf yet? :rofl2: I get that most times! Meh the solitaire version is still good, better than none, are there any Malaysian games you guys play?

Why sounds like hell for pets too with their higher sensitive hearing, would hate to be mans best friends when mans with his ppl best friends on new years xD Did you set any off yourself? We did some fireworks in our rural house a few years back, was pretty exciting but neighbours thought there guns or something :facepalm:

Wow thats a good turnover then this year! Idk, I just call em red pockets, and why would you be thinking of marriage dear sir? :holmes: moving in quick with the gf are we?

Food is great, most Asian cuisine outclasses western ones in my non racist non biased opinion. Love me some noodles especially, Im sick of rice over the past coming up to 18 yrs xD pad thai is god like and anything spicy or with sesame flavour or any honey meats are just a few of my cravings. And ofc shellfish, fish is ok but shellfish is to die for...Im often selfish when then shellfish gets served :wink:
Reply 97
Yeah I saw your blog mate :coma: looks like a sick trip indeed:yep:

15 years is a hella long time so a good old big gathering is long overdue :007: any relatives asking if you have a gf yet? :rofl2: I get that most times! Meh the solitaire version is still good, better than none, are there any Malaysian games you guys play?

Why sounds like hell for pets too with their higher sensitive hearing, would hate to be mans best friends when mans with his ppl best friends on new years xD Did you set any off yourself? We did some fireworks in our rural house a few years back, was pretty exciting but neighbours thought there guns or something :facepalm:

Wow thats a good turnover then this year! Idk, I just call em red pockets, and why would you be thinking of marriage dear sir? :holmes: moving in quick with the gf are we?

Food is great, most Asian cuisine outclasses western ones in my non racist non biased opinion. Love me some noodles especially, Im sick of rice over the past coming up to 18 yrs xD pad thai is god like and anything spicy or with sesame flavour or any honey meats are just a few of my cravings. And ofc shellfish, fish is ok but shellfish is to die for...Im often selfish when then shellfish gets served :wink:

Mate, everyone has asked me if I have a gf and I can't even drop the "I'm a TSRian" line :rofl: I don't think we do, I'm from a Chinese family so it's pretty much all Chinese traditions over here.

I didn't set off any myself, cos I'm scared haha and I already got hit by one of the shells (tiny thing) so I think I won't be going near that again :lol: I thought there was a gunfight tbh, tfw you hear a firework go off and you can't tell it if it's a gunshot or a firework :rofl:

No girlfriend mate, as you can see I still haven't changed my user title and that will stick for as long as it applies :h: But you only get pockets when you're not married, which is why I said that :tongue:

Seafood is life. I never get sick of noodles but rice I do get sick of since that's what I eat every day lmao. I live for spicy food! That's why I love Malaysia because there's lots of spicy food! And who can turn down a beef rendang :drool:
A Tiger!
A rabbit according to our New Year (Jan 1st), but a tiger according to the Chinese New Year (which was on Feb 15th in 1999)

Quick Reply

Latest