The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Let's be honest he mislead everyone on his 'ban' on muslims as his supporters assummed it would be a blanket ban on all muslim countries. Instead he has cherry picked a few weak countries with the exception of Iran and those with half a brain cell would be able to see why he has not actually banned muslims that could be considered a real threat from places lile Saudi Arabi and the Persian (not Arabian) gulf.

He has done the same thing with Mexico 'paying' for the wall. People assummed mexico would directly pay for it whereas Trump simply announced more custom duties for mexican imports etc which isn't really directly paying for the wall but funding it. He's just another politician who simply managed to mislead the masses. What's new?
(edited 7 years ago)

Interesting how richer arab countries (other than egypt ) have not been subjected to the immigration ban due to apparent 'business ties'
Everybody is crying about the Muslim ban

Yet those same countries have had a Jew ban for decades and no one has complained

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joe cooley
Close, but no cigar.

I agree, Mr Trump has not named enough countries in his travel ban.

Coincidentally, Trump hasn't named the countries he has business ties with.

Now I'm sure that he has the best interests of the country at heart, rather than looking out for himself. Because it isn't as if he's doing anything unconstitutional... (he is)
Original post by InnerTemple
Coincidentally, Trump hasn't named the countries he has business ties with.

Now I'm sure that he has the best interests of the country at heart, rather than looking out for himself. Because it isn't as if he's doing anything unconstitutional... (he is)

Not being a US constitutional scholar, i'll bow to your superior knowledge.
Original post by ESPORTIVA LUTA

Yet those same countries have had a Jew ban for decades and no one has complained

It's a matter of consistency. Saudi Arabia doesn't claim to be unprejudiced; the United States does. Would you rather the US aimed for moral equivalence with Saudi Arabia?
Original post by Palmyra
Iran, which is in the ban, has the largest population of Jews in the Middle East outside of Israel (estimated 10,000-40,000 - and a Jewish MP)

Less than 10000.
The ban is needed. It is a shame it had to come to this, but the Western world needs to be protected and this is the best way of doing it.
Original post by Len Goodman
The ban is needed. It is a shame it had to come to this, but the Western world needs to be protected and this is the best way of doing it.

What's the difference between a Saudi muslim and an Iraqi muslim?
Reply 109
Original post by PrincessBO$$

Interesting how richer arab countries (other than egypt ) have not been subjected to the immigration ban due to apparent 'business ties'

Which richer arab countries?
Original post by admonit
Less than 10000.

According to the 2011 census approx 9,000, but accurate figures are hard to come by, and many give estimates in the 20-45,000 region. Still the highest population in the region outside of Israel, regardless (and the least anti-Semitic society in the region, with an Iranian Jewish MP and an Iranian Chief Rabbi).

Regardless, under this policy, an Iranian Jew is refused entry, but a Saudi Muslim isn't - you approve of this? :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ESPORTIVA LUTA

Actually, Iran does not have a "Jew ban" - it has a Jewish MP and Chief Rabbi and the largest population of Jews in the Middle East outside of Israel. Saudi Arabia, however, has a mighty Jewish population of 0. Moreover, 15/19 of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi Arabian citizens, with none of the 19 being Iranian. Yet Iran are included in Trump's ban, but Saudi are not?

This means that a Jewish/Christian Iranian cannot enter the U.S., but a Muslim Saudi Arabian can.

You justify this on what grounds?
Original post by Hydeman
An easier way to achieve this would be to notice that most Muslim countries issue passports which record the holder's religion. Obviously those with dual citizenship would slip through, but that number would be far lower than under this plan.

Having done a bit more digging, I was wrong about this, so I'll retract it. I was thinking of government-issued identity cards (though I was right about religion being officially determined by parentage in most countries that keep a non-census record of it). :hmmmm2:
Original post by Hydeman
Having done a bit more digging, I was wrong about this, so I'll retract it.

admirable :hugs:
Trump cant ban countries like saudi and the EAU and so on becuase they have the resource like oil which is technical runs the fuel for the whole country.A lot of american citizen live in the EAU and go on holiday in the middle east like egyt and dubia.To ban does countries would mean Trump would cause himself trouble,im mean big trouble.All it would do is back fire at him, saudi will stop business such as oil and other country would go into agreement with saudi such as russia or china.
Original post by Palmyra
It's interesting that you bring up 9/11. The 9/11 hijackers were Muslim, I agree. But this ban targets nationalities, and not religion (hence why it would apply to an Iranian Jew but not to a Saudi Muslim).

So, using your example, lets see where the 9/11 hijackers were from. 15 of the 19 hijackers were citizens of Saudi Arabia, 2 were from the UAE, and 1 from Egypt and Lebanon. None of these 4 countries are included in the ban.

Try again.

Trump cant ban countries like saudi and the EAU and so on becuase they have the resource like oil which is technical runs the fuel for the whole country.A lot of american citizen live in the EAU and go on holiday in the middle east like egyt and dubia.To ban does countries would mean Trump would cause himself trouble,im mean big trouble.All it would do is back fire at him, saudi will stop business such as oil and other country would go into agreement with saudi such as russia or china
Original post by abdiaziz113
Trump cant ban countries like saudi and the EAU and so on becuase they have the resource like oil which is technical runs the fuel for the whole country.A lot of american citizen live in the EAU and go on holiday in the middle east like egyt and dubia.To ban does countries would mean Trump would cause himself trouble,im mean big trouble.All it would do is back fire at him, saudi will stop business such as oil and other country would go into agreement with saudi such as russia or china

Well, once the Iranians get rid of their horrific fascist regime I fully support a U.S.-Iran-Turkey-Israel alignment in the Middle East, I'm counting down the days until the West no longer has to trade with the Wahabbi/terrorism-exporting Saudis.
Reply 117
Do you think this could be the reason?

He mentioned it during the campaign too.
Original post by dindu
Do you think this could be the reason?

He mentioned it during the campaign too.

salty tbh

I'm sure if Iranian troops sailed into U.S. territorial waters they would just let them be on their way
Reply 119
Original post by Palmyra
salty tbh

I'm sure if Iranian troops sailed into U.S. territorial waters they would just let them be on their way

Don't think they'd even get close to the sea border before something happening tbh

Latest

Trending

Trending