The Student Room Group

Shocking lack of Diversity in UK universities

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Isn't it a bit much to claim there are none when there are 30 for which the ethnicity is unknown? :tongue:
Who is it shocking to?

Find out its the usual suspects then move on and forget it.

Pointless virtue signalling from the OP.
Original post by joe cooley
Who is it shocking to?

Find out its the usual suspects then move on and forget it.

Pointless virtue signalling from the OP.

Lefty scum who need to go somewhere else.
Original post by Mathemagicien
We can't make any judgements based on the number who prefer not to say their ethnicities. Perhaps they are white people who prefer not to say, in order to make the figures look better?

Or perhaps they're just people who find the left's obsession with race disturbing?
And so what? The UK is a predominantly white country.
The left is obsessed with racial equality? Wow, they must be the real racists! /sarcasm

No, the left is obsessed with virtue signalling.

You being a prime example.
You are a good person - we get it.
Reply 9
Once again should places hire by race or by ability?
The left is obsessed with racial equality? Wow, they must be the real racists! /sarcasm

You don't understand basic statistics. If the country is something like 90% white, then it follows that job roles are likely to have 90% white people. What doesn't make any sense at all would be for job roles to have 50-50 or something when so much of the population is white.
Reply 11
Original post by YaliaV
You are a good person - we get it.

:rofl:
Reply 12
Original post by Mistletoe
You don't understand basic statistics. If the country is something like 90% white, then it follows that job roles are likely to have 90% white people. What doesn't make any sense at all would be for job roles to have 50-50 or something when so much of the population is white.

80% is not "something like 90%", at least not when you're using it to make a point about someone not understanding statistics.

No-one suggested it should be 50-50.
I'm flattered, but this isn't about me showing the world how much of a good person I am, this is about bringing an important topic to your attention.

You have trawled the internet for such tales of woe and posted two in the last hour.

You are well and truly busted !

There are websites out there that cater for your needs......

Try this one:

www.arentifantasticandsupercompassionate.com

You sadarse.
Original post by offhegoes
80% is not "something like 90%", at least not when you're using it to make a point about someone not understanding statistics.

No-one suggested it should be 50-50.

The 2011 census says 87.1%.
Do you think senior people in universities ought to be employed based on the colour of their skin rather than academic brilliance in their field? Isn't that a tad racist?
That link is broken...

I made it up you nugget.

Read it again.

No doubt you will claim you knew that.
I knew that.

Of course you did,never doubted it for a second.:smile:
Reply 18

I'd expect that narrowing down the "White" category to "White British" won't affect very many of those in senior positions.

Doesn't match up with all that white genocide propaganda and how white people are being wiped out in their own country etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending