The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Kinda creepy tbh.
Original post by Anonmon
opinions? thought? can it work between them?

Well it's illegal if they have any sexual contact and I doubt the 15 year old is going to be able to help himself...
Reply 3
No.
Reply 4
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
No.

and why not?
Reply 5
Original post by Anonmon
and why not?

Because it's illegal.
Reply 6
Original post by Glassapple
Well it's illegal if they have any sexual contact and I doubt the 15 year old is going to be able to help himself...

and if it was an oversea relationship? what then?
Reply 7
15 is basically 16, an extra year doesn't magically make you an adult. The 16 guideline is to make sure people aren't taken advantage of, and a 15 year old should be mature enough, though it can depend on the person.
Original post by Anonmon
and if it was an oversea relationship? what then?

Then it's not actually real is it?
lol
Reply 10
Original post by Anonmon

when I was around 14/15 in science class I was sitting on the table most of the cool kids was sitting on and overheard this guy talking about his gf. She was 22, and apparently they had been going out for a few mths. tbh I thought it was a bit weird that a girl that old would be interested in a guy so young as girls usually want older guys don't they.

no idea how the relationship turned out though......
Reply 11
Then it's not actually real is it?

yes it is... are you that childish?
Reply 12
Original post by dindu
Because it's illegal.

it's not illegal. Sexual activity would make it illegal
Original post by Anonmon
yes it is... are you that childish?

You're really telling me that two young people, one much younger than the other, are going to want to be in an online, overseas, committed relationship, where they can't can't see or touch each other? It's not real; one or both of them will start talking/flirting/going out with someone in real life, not telling the overseas person until they're so guilt-ridden they have to.

Nobody is going to say no to someone in real life they like and have a chance with because of someone else they basically don't know, don't see and don't touch, overseas. Overseas and online relationships at this age are out of desperation for someone to talk to and have 'affection' from, out of loneliness, it's not 'real'.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonmon

thats ratings
Reply 15
You're really telling me that two young people, one much younger than the other, are going to want to be in an online, overseas, committed relationship, where they can't can't see or touch each other? It's not real; one or both of them will start talking/flirting/going out with someone in real life, not telling the overseas person until they're so guilt-ridden they have to.

Nobody is going to say no to someone in real life they like and have a chance with because of someone else they basically don't know, don't see and don't touch, overseas. Overseas and online relationships at this age are out of desperation for someone to talk to and have 'affection' from, out of loneliness, it's not 'real'.

I don't know man, i've seen a few catfish episodes where the two people have remained loyal for years...

it does happen sometimes
Original post by ANM775
I don't know man, i've seen a few catfish episodes where the two people have remained loyal for years...

it does happen sometimes

Surely the whole catfish thing means it wasn't real in the first place? Catfishing is pretending to be somebody else? Even if that's not what you mean, the chances of them remaining loyal are practically none, unless they're both so socially awkward, desperate and needy they really 'fall in love' with someone from the inertentm who they never see, touch or be with in real life, who they just message on the internet.

That's still not an actual relationship though is it? It's just someone lonely messaging someone else who's lonely, naming it something it really isn't.
Reply 17

yes. i am "really" telling you that. because even if they cannot touch each other, their love is a rope they can both hold onto. and with all the internet options, they are able to see each other. you might generalise but relationships aren't general to other relationships. to say that they "basically don't know" them is stupidly stupid. talking with someone, no matter how digital, is still talking with someone. you talk to people and you get to know them right? so it isn't different online then, is it? and if a relationship is born out of loneliness, why does that make it less real? but again, you are generalising relationships. your arguments make you seem about 9 years old, much less 16 or above, the age that people should be in order to fairly react to this, with proper thought and rationalisation
Reply 18
Surely the whole catfish thing means it wasn't real in the first place? Catfishing is pretending to be somebody else? Even if that's not what you mean, the chances of them remaining loyal are practically none, unless they're both so socially awkward, desperate and needy they really 'fall in love' with someone from the inertentm who they never see, touch or be with in real life, who they just message on the internet.

That's still not an actual relationship though is it? It's just someone lonely messaging someone else who's lonely, naming it something it really isn't.

most of the time on the show one of the people was pretending to be someone else,

but every now and then you'll see an episode where both people are who they've said they were all along.

Honestly, I would not conduct an online "relationship" myself if i never got to meet the person ..but there are a few people who do, and a few who remain loyal.

and yes, i find odd and questionable how people can claim to be bf/gf and they've never actually met ...but i've heard quite a few stories like this over the years
Original post by Anonmon
yes. i am "really" telling you that. because even if they cannot touch each other, their love is a rope they can both hold onto. and with all the internet options, they are able to see each other. you might generalise but relationships aren't general to other relationships. to say that they "basically don't know" them is stupidly stupid. talking with someone, no matter how digital, is still talking with someone. you talk to people and you get to know them right? so it isn't different online then, is it? and if a relationship is born out of loneliness, why does that make it less real? but again, you are generalising relationships. your arguments make you seem about 9 years old, much less 16 or above, the age that people should be in order to fairly react to this, with proper thought and rationalisation

You can dress it up all you want but really, all you're doing is messaging a complete stranger who you'll never really know, never meet, never touch, never go to dinner with, because you're lonely. Clearly you've been on the internet too much because you really have nothing else going on in your life, and have thought you can find 'love' by doing what you've always done, being so naive, awkward, immature and lonely that you've convinced yourself you can have an 'overseas relationship' with some random, (allegedly) 15 year old boy who seems just as sad, lonely are desperate as you are.

Grow up, get off the internet, grow a spine and try and make friends with real people in the real world. If you want to delude yourself that whatever this is, is real, then that's your problem. You can't blame people on the outside who are telling you what it really is. You want this to be real because you have nothing else; you want someone to message you when you feel lonely, then jazz it up as a committed relationship. It isn't.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending