The Student Room Group

Some women seem so off?

I met up with my mate and a bunch of girls he knows through a friend. I'm a nice enough guy etc without being a push over. One of the girls brought a male friend. Out of all of the 8 of those who joined us the only guy was by far the most nice person. A few of the girls were nice... but some... it just seemed like whenever you spoke to them they were constantly judging/assuming I was interested in them. My male friend who I went with said the same things.

I don't want to categorize all women like this... but in general women seem so distant from men unless they fancy them... as if they are not worth their time... when most aren't remotely interesting themselves.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by James385

I don't want to categorize all women like this...

Then don't :eyeball:
And find different people to be around.
Too friendly = You come off as interested
Not friendly enough = You seem like a b!tch

Spoiler

Some people might just prefer looking like a shady snake. :redface:
Reply 3
Some girls are *****y. That's just how they are...
How do you think I feel, as a female I have to attempt to form friendships with them and because I'm no good at chit chat fail miserably.
I wonder how this might have played out if a female friend had brought with her 7 guys and a girl. My strong suspicion is that you'd have found the men less friendly and the two women less distant seeming.
So what... They're probably just self conscious/over compensating cut them some slack ffs
Reply 7
Original post by Little Popcorns
So what... They're probably just self conscious/over compensating cut them some slack ffs

Self conscious? They were all looking out for the hottest men and going after them etc. they were just straight up rude and *****y. God knows why they even invited us just to blank is half the time.
Don't get me wrong 3/8 were ok but the rest...
Reply 8
Original post by cambio wechsel
I wonder how this might have played out if a female friend had brought with her 7 guys and a girl. My strong suspicion is that you'd have found the men less friendly and the two women less distant seeming.

I don't see that happening? What is the logic behind that? If there are women if anything guys would be more interested in picking some up and would thus be distant.
If its two guys and eight girls. For sure its a competition then.
Reply 10
Original post by prazzyjazzy

Spoiler

To be honest I was just joking around saying what ever.., I wasn't being overly nice. I mean I shouldn't judge w book by its cover.. The look like nice innocent girls but they are arrogant/ rude.
Reply 11
Original post by LisaNikita
If its two guys and eight girls. For sure its a competition then.

They didn't seem interested in us. What do you mean by its a competition thing? I just found it quite off them seeking out these top looking men when they (hate to be rude and its completely subjective) are very average looking (personalities weren't great either). Now there is NOTHING wrong with seeking out what you want... but being sort of off with me and my friend when one of them actually invited us. I don't know i mean at my old uni the girls in my flat were also very off.. the guys and one of the girls that wasn't too bad said the other 3 girls were really sort of rude etc. I don't want to categorise women but most of those who i have interacted with come across in this way towards most men (excluding the ones that are 'hot':wink:.

Most men I come across are friendly and up for chatting to everyone. I just get the feeling girls see men as an annoyance unless they are above a 8/10. Don't get me wrong... I'd say 30% of the women i come across are generally quite nice. But 70% is quite a high number. I will have to meet more women though to actually validate my argument.
(edited 7 years ago)
Self conscious? They were all looking out for the hottest men and going after them etc. they were just straight up rude and *****y. God knows why they even invited us just to blank is half the time.
Don't get me wrong 3/8 were ok but the rest...
right so you said it yourself not all of them are like that
Reply 13
right so you said it yourself not all of them are like that

Yes... but 70%? i find a LARGE amount of women seem to be like that... how many men?.. very few. Women seem to have some sort of reserved attitude to men unless they fancy them or something or if they are not hetrosexual.
Original post by prazzyjazzy

Spoiler

Story of my life :frown:
Yes... but 70%? i find a LARGE amount of women seem to be like that... how many men?.. very few. Women seem to have some sort of reserved attitude to men unless they fancy them or something or if they are not hetrosexual.
could this have something to do with them having been objectified themselves for such a long time that they think well... if the guys are all picking the barbies then shouldn't we all go after ken :tongue: :lol: sounds ridiculous but I think ya know what I'm saying. Also how old are these 'women'? Lets be real I can't imagine a bunch of 35 year olds gathering round a guy they all think is hot, giggling and flicking their hair whilst everyone else watches in... so there's probably a maturity issue there as well.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
could this have something to do with them having been objectified themselves for such a long time that they think well... if the guys are all picking the barbies then shouldn't we all go after ken :tongue: :lol: sounds ridiculous but I think ya know what I'm saying. Also how old are these 'women'? Lets be real I can't imagine a bunch of 35 year olds gathering round a guy they all think is hot, giggling and flicking their hair whilst everyone else watches in... so there's probably a maturity issue there as well.

Men rarely go after the top looking women. You may think otherwise but it's well known the best looking girls get stares from men but are rarely approached. Average - above average looking women often get the most messages on dating sites. Don't get me wrong men will all fantasise over the best looking women but rarely go after them due to them thinking they don't have a chance. In this sense women don't think like that and still go for them (probably due to being told they are beautiful so much from family and friends).
An Ok Cupid report gathered that women thought 80% of men on the site were below average looking. How many women plain/average do you think get daily messages from guys... a large amount.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
These girls are aged 18-20.
Men rarely go after the top looking women. You may think otherwise but it's well known the best looking girls get stares from men but are rarely approached. Average - above average looking women often get the most messages on dating sites. Don't get me wrong men will all fantasise over the best looking women but rarely go after them due to them thinking they don't have a chance. In this sense women don't think like that and still go for them (probably due to being told they are beautiful so much from family and friends).
An Ok Cupid report gathered that women thought 80% of men on the site were below average looking. How many women plain/average do you think get daily messages from guys... a large amount.
right so... your point is that men are pussies?
Reply 19
right so... your point is that men are pussies?

Men are realistic when it comes to dating. Women have high egos. They listen to all the compliments people tell them and take them seriously. Women think the 'ken' will date them seriously after he has used her for sex. Women then reach older ages and decide they will end up alone unless they settle for a guy on their level.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending