The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Nice, get in there my son.
No its weird and wrong
Reply 22
Original post by retro_turtles
No its weird and wrong

It does sound a bid odd imo, but ngl ....when I was that age and learned one of the guys in my class was in a relationship with a 22 year old woman I was quite envious....
Original post by ANM775
It does sound a bid odd imo, but ngl ....when I was that age and learned one of the guys in my class was in a relationship with a 22 year old woman I was quite envious....

I geg why you may have been but its still weird
Reply 24
Original post by Glassapple
You can dress it up all you want but really, all you're doing is messaging a complete stranger who you'll never really know, never meet, never touch, never go to dinner with, because you're lonely. Clearly you've been on the internet too much because you really have nothing else going on in your life, and have thought you can find 'love' by doing what you've always done, being so naive, awkward, immature and lonely that you've convinced yourself you can have an 'overseas relationship' with some random, (allegedly) 15 year old who seems just as sad, lonely are desperate as you are.

Grow up, get off the internet, grow a spine and try and make friends with real people in the real world. If you want to delude yourself that whatever this is, is real, then that's your problem. You can't blame people on the outside who are telling you what it really is. You want this to be real because you have nothing else; you want someone to message you when you feel lonely then jazz it up as a committed relationship. It isn't.

so what if they did meet in life, after being an online relationship?does that mean that suddenly they are an "item". it's weird you speak out against this so much, are you someone who hates the word "relationship"? maybe you hate it because someone cheated on you. maybe they used you. maybe you're lonely and can't stand to see someone happy. maybe you've have had a bad online experience with someone and now you think it'll be the same for everyone. or maybe, just maybe, you're a pathetic whelp who wants to hurt other people. you say to me i'm on the internet too much. well I've seen your threads and my my, aren't you the little spoiled brat. oh you used your eyes, huh. well so can we. but hey it's not our fault if the truth is rude, huh? isn't that right you inconsiderate Pr**k? oh sorry, it seems the truth is speaking out. you are a terrible person who doesn't deserve to talk about relationships. you're a bloody idiot who has no respect for anyone else.you are not speaking the truth, you are not "telling you what it really is". my guess, you're a Brat who doesn't know anything more than Mansions, Country clubs, and your father's fat wallet. back to the point. if i want a relationship to be real, how is that any different from any normal human being? you cannot go around saying relationships don't have value because they are oversea relationships, or because they have any obstacle. And you can "jazz" that up to what ever you want
Reply 25
The lad who is 21 obviously can't find a girl his age for a reason. Adults who are willing to date minors can't be trusted, no matter how “great” the relationship seems.
If the adult is willing to break the law and not allow the minor to grow into a fully capable consenting adult before pursuing a relationship with them, they haven’t shown respect to the person or the law, and haven’t given the person what they really need.
It's just weird????
(edited 7 years ago)
Wait another year (really a few months) so the woman won't be charged if the police somehow find out.
Reply 27
Original post by kasia.g
The lad who is 21 obviously can't find a girl his age for a reason. Adults who are willing to date minors can't be trusted, no matter how “great” the relationship seems.
If the adult is willing to break the law and not allow the minor to grow into a fully capable consenting adult before pursuing a relationship with them, they haven’t shown respect to the person or the law, and haven’t given the person what they really need.
It's just weird????

while what you say may have a point... you need to read the title again
Reply 28
No its weird and wrong

it's the 15 year olds dream though, honestly I think i think its fine as long as its not rapey
No. Simple as that.
Reply 30
Original post by Anonmon
opinions? thought? can it work between them?

Okay so hear me out, personally I don't think LDRs work especially with that age gap. Now don't get me wrong I'm happy that you've found someone with whom you both have mutual feelings with one another, but you need to look at the relationship objectively. An LDR is a very strenuous relationship and a big undertaking as you can't have physical contact with one another (This is massively important in a relationship because at the end of the day if one of you was upset, you can do as much consoling as you want over Skype but it won't be even close to the comfort of a hug.) and with both of you living overseas with no defined end goal, the relationship can only really end with a break-up.
Reply 31
Original post by Anonmon
while what you say may have a point... you need to read the title again

ffs the female** still applies tho
she's creepy and probably can't find lads her age to date so she's desperate asf
Reply 32
No its weird and wrong

why is it wrong? or weird for that matter?
Original post by Anonmon
so what if they did meet in life, after being an online relationship?does that mean that suddenly they are an "item". it's weird you speak out against this so much, are you someone who hates the word "relationship"? maybe you hate it because someone cheated on you. maybe they used you. maybe you're lonely and can't stand to see someone happy. maybe you've have had a bad online experience with someone and now you think it'll be the same for everyone. or maybe, just maybe, you're a pathetic whelp who wants to hurt other people. you say to me i'm on the internet too much. well I've seen your threads and my my, aren't you the little spoiled brat. oh you used your eyes, huh. well so can we. but hey it's not our fault if the truth is rude, huh? isn't that right you inconsiderate Pr**k? oh sorry, it seems the truth is speaking out. you are a terrible person who doesn't deserve to talk about relationships. you're a bloody idiot who has no respect for anyone else.you are not speaking the truth, you are not "telling you what it really is". my guess, you're a Brat who doesn't know anything more than Mansions, Country clubs, and your father's fat wallet. back to the point. if i want a relationship to be real, how is that any different from any normal human being? you cannot go around saying relationships don't have value because they are oversea relationships, or because they have any obstacle. And you can "jazz" that up to what ever you want

As I said, if you want to message someone online out of desperation and jazz it up as a relationship because you have nothing better to do, that's your problem. Don't have a go at realistic, rational people like me who can see what it really is.

Overseas relationships can work if it's been a physical relationship already, like a soldier who has to leave his wife and children for months at a time, then comes back. Messaging someone you've never met and telling yourself it's a relationship reeks of loneliness, desperation and naivety. You have nothing better to do except message someone from your bedroom because otherwise you will literally have nothing.
Reply 34
As I said, if you want to message someone online out of desperation and jazz it up as a relationship because you have nothing better to do, that's your problem. Don't have a go at realistic, rational people like me who can see what it really is.

Overseas relationships can work if it's been a physical relationship already, like a soldier who has to leave his wife and children for months at a time, then comes back. Messaging someone you've never met and telling yourself it's a relationship reeks of loneliness, desperation and naivety. You have nothing better to do except message someone from your bedroom because otherwise you will literally have nothing.

so basically, you're saying that a relationship born out of loneliness cannot be real. and you say you are rational...
Original post by Anonmon
so basically, you're saying that a relationship born out of loneliness cannot be real. and you say you are rational...

I'm not saying that, I'm saying that this is not a relationship. If you'd met in real life and had a real, physical, actual relationship born out of loneliness because you thought you may as well settle for it, then fine, fair enough.

That's not what this is. What this is, is you messaging a stranger on the internet because you want something to make you feel better about yourself, then telling yourself it's a relationship because it's easy. Then you feel better about yourself, that somebody (apparently) wants you and cares about you. Its not real, it's just messages on the internet between two lonely people who really have nothing between them, at least one of whom is probably messaging multiple other people the same things.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by kasia.g
ffs the female** still applies tho
she's creepy and probably can't find lads her age to date so she's desperate asf

and if she wasn't desperate but just preferred a LDR?
Reply 37
Original post by Anonmon
and if she wasn't desperate but just preferred a LDR?

Trust me, no person would want an LDR if they could help it, it can often be a lot more stressful then it's worth from what I hear if the two are strangers to one another.
Reply 38
I'm not saying that, I'm saying that this is not a relationship. If you'd met in real life and had a real, physical, actual relationship born out of loneliness because you thought you may as well settle for it, then fine, fair enough.

That's not what this is. What this is, is you messaging a stranger on the internet because you want something to make you feel better about yourself, then telling yourself it's a relationship because it's easy. Then you feel better about yourself, that somebody (apparently) wants you and cares about you. Its not real, it's just messages on the internet between two lonely people who really have nothing between them, at least one of whom is probably messaging multiple other people the same things.

okay firstly, a relationship born out of loneliness is not just someone "settling". that is a, quite frankly, immature way of looking at it.

and what you are saying that "this is", that is not what this is. i mean when they both are in a relationship that they have both agreed on. when they care about each other. it is a relationship with two people that love each other, even more than other couples because they don't care about the distance between them
Reply 39
Original post by Rise-up
Trust me, no person would want an LDR if they could help it, it can often be a lot more stressful then it's worth from what I hear if the two are strangers to one another.

Completely agree. As someone who was in a LDR for a year, it's really tough and I doubt anyone would actually prefer one over a relationship in real. When you are in an LDR all you want is to see the person/touch them etc it sucks lol no one would prefer that and a lot of them don't work out.
I started talking to people online because I have bad anxiety in real so although I could try and excuse her with something like that he's 15?? Obviously something's wrong as to why she isn't speaking to guys her age and it's just creepy

Latest

Trending

Trending