The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Rise-up
Trust me, no person would want an LDR if they could help it, it can often be a lot more stressful then it's worth from what I hear if the two are strangers to one another.

you cannot say that with any hope of me taking you seriously. because you trying to tell me that people don't have different opinions to yours. some prefer LDR, some prefer LAT, some don't. it's about the person, not the group.
Original post by Anonmon
okay firstly, a relationship born out of loneliness is not just someone "settling". that is a, quite frankly, immature way of looking at it.

and what you are saying that "this is", that is not what this is. i mean when they both are in a relationship that they have both agreed on. when they care about each other. it is a relationship with two people that love each other, even more than other couples because they don't care about the distance between them

Clearly you don't want to listen to anything that anyone is saying to you on here, not just me. Love is not just messaging someone and agreeing on things. Love is spending time with someone, loving the little things about them like how they say/do certain things, how they act, how they smell and feel, how they are daily as a person. You don't realise that because you live a sheltered, isolated life on the internet.

As I said before, overseas relationships can work if the relationship was a physical one previously, like a solider who has to leave his wife and children for a few months, then comes back. That's not what this is; really this is how people get scammed to be honest. Look it up; people get scammed out of loads of money by people they message on the internet and have this sort of 'relationship' with. They act normal for a few weeks, then say they need money for a rent payment, food shopping etc, say they can't possibly expect the victim to pay for it, then the victim feels so guilty they send the money. The thanks and affectionate messages continue and the lonely victim is conned out of more and more money because they feel loved, until the perpetrator stops or the victim realises what's happening.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Dafock
it's the 15 year olds dream though, honestly I think i think its fine as long as its not rapey

I still find it weird, if he was older it would be okay but naaa don't see it

Original post by Anonmon
why is it wrong? or weird for that matter?

Illegal and the age gap
Original post by retro_turtles

Illegal and the age gap

:eyeball::emo::facepalm:You don't approve, tutut
Reply 44
Original post by kasia.g
Completely agree. As someone who was in a LDR for a year, it's really tough and I doubt anyone would actually prefer one over a relationship in real. When you are in an LDR all you want is to see the person/touch them etc it sucks lol no one would prefer that and a lot of them don't work out.
I started talking to people online because I have bad anxiety in real so although I could try and excuse her with something like that he's 15?? Obviously something's wrong as to why she isn't speaking to guys her age and it's just creepy

you say you were in a LDR so you know that they happen. and you wanted one for a bit. then you say that a lot of them don't work out. so some do work out? okay then. so the ones that do work out are people that do want a LDR. so then you don't agree? or do you? As people, Good people say, some people are different. and well while i don't like being inconsiderate, you seem to do. so what if she speaks with someone younger. find the actual problem with that and tell me, and then i'll believe that you are worth being taken seriously
Original post by Rise-up
Trust me, no person would want an LDR if they could help it, it can often be a lot more stressful then it's worth from what I hear if the two are strangers to one another.

You really think it is that black and white? Some people actually enjoy long distance relationship more, some people are living apart together (for example in the same block of flats, but having their own homes, paying their own rents). At the end they might move to live together, or they never will. You can't tell that NO PERSON WOULD WANT something, as any of us are not alike, at all. Maybe it's hard for you to understand that people want different things, try not to be so narrow-minded.
If you were older then it would be ok.
Reply 47

Illegal and the age gap

why is the age gap that big of a problem. also, not illegal
Original post by Glassapple
You're really telling me that two young people, one much younger than the other, are going to want to be in an online, overseas, committed relationship, where they can't can't see or touch each other? It's not real; one or both of them will start talking/flirting/going out with someone in real life, not telling the overseas person until they're so guilt-ridden they have to.

Nobody is going to say no to someone in real life they like and have a chance with because of someone else they basically don't know, don't see and don't touch, overseas. Overseas and online relationships at this age are out of desperation for someone to talk to and have 'affection' from, out of loneliness, it's not 'real'.

People in long distance relationships take the time out to meet each other you know. Lol.

I met my boyfriend on TSR and we are in a LDR and we are doing just fine.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 49
Original post by saraxh
If you were older then it would be ok.

while you are right. why does that mean that now it is not okay?
Original post by TeenRose29
:eyeball::emo::facepalm:You don't approve, tutut

Someone disapproves?
Original post by Anonmon
why is the age gap that big of a problem. also, not illegal

Age of consent is 16
Someone disapproves?

Age of consent is 16

You do 😩
Original post by Anonmon
while you are right. why does that mean that now it is not okay?

It's illegal
Original post by sameehaiqbal
People in long distance relationships take the time out to meet each other you know. Lol.

I really don't think that's going to happen in the OP's case when you look at the maturity level of their posts. All they say is that they're lonely, love is a rope, etc. We're not talking about someone rational, sensible and capable of even planning a trip. We're talking about someone who wants to call messaging someone a relationship because they're too socially awkward and inept to do anything else. At no point has the OP even mentioned meeting this person, they just want a 'relationship' of messaging because they have nothing else going on.
Reply 54
Clearly you don't want to listen to anything that anyone is saying to you on here, not just me. Love is not just messaging someone and agreeing on things. Love is spending time with someone, loving the little things about them like how they say/do certain things, how they act, how they smell and feel, how they are daily as a person. You don't realise that because you live a sheltered, isolated life on the internet.

As I said before, overseas relationships can work if the relationship was a physical one previously, like a solider who has to leave his wife and children for a few months, then comes back. That's not what this is; really this is how people get scammed to be honest. Look it up; people get scammed out of loads of money by people they message on the internet and have this sort of 'relationship' with. They act normal for a few weeks, then say they need money for a rent payment, food shopping etc, say they can't possibly expect the victim to pay for it, then the victim feels so guilty they send the money. The thanks and affectionate messages continue and the lonely victim is conned out of more and more money because they feel loved, until the perpetrator stops or the victim realises what's happening.

Glassapple, i have read your thread. why i am sorry you were conned out of 1200 quid. i feel you may deserve it. because of your own naivety towards love.
Reply 55
Original post by Anonmon
you cannot say that with any hope of me taking you seriously. because you trying to tell me that people don't have different opinions to yours. some prefer LDR, some prefer LAT, some don't. it's about the person, not the group.

An LAT doesn't have much bearing on this conversation, as you can still meet up in LAT relationship. An LDR is more of a stage in a relationship in my view, as ultimately you're probably in an LDR due to unavoidable circumstances, such as @Grassapple mentioning about a soldier being separated from their significant other. The goal of LDR as I'm sure you'll agree with me is to then have a successful relationship when you both are able to meet up, therefore it would be absurd to suggest that some people solely prefer to only be in a LDR indefinitely.
Reply 56
I really don't think that's going to happen in the OP's case when you look at the maturity level of their posts. All they say is that they're lonely, love is a rope, etc. We're not talking about someone rational, sensible and capable of even planning a trip. We're talking about someone who wants to call messaging someone a relationship because they're too socially awkward and inept to do anything else. At no point has the OP even mentioned meeting this person, they just want a 'relationship' of messaging because they have nothing else going on.

yeah, sure, that's a relationship

Spoiler

Original post by TeenRose29
You do 😩

Is this because of that thing
Reply 58
Someone disapproves?

Age of consent is 16

yes. consent to sexual activity. not to a relationship
Original post by Anonmon
Glassapple, i have read your thread. why i am sorry you were conned out of 1200 quid. i feel you may deserve it. because of your own naivety towards love.

I wasn't conned, I willingly gave that money because I have money and money means nothing to me, and it was for sex, not love or a relationship. I actually met the guy, had sex with him and did a lot of actual, real-life stuff with him as well. I didn't send him money via PayPal because of a sob story from a random person online, like what will happen to you.

Latest

Trending

Trending