The Student Room Group

soooo nervous when i have driving lessons what should i do??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LisaNikita
maybe you shouldn't drive XD

Why should they not drive just because they get nervous about their lessons? Makes absolutely no sense. I'd say it's better to be a bit nervous than overconfident. They're only nervous because they're aware of hazards and really want to do well. I always used to get nervous about my lessons (did generally enjoy them, but they were scary at the same time) and I was extremely nervous when I first passed and started driving on my own.

Passed nearly 4 years ago now, never had an accident and with the amount of idiots I encounter on the roads who's mistakes I have to react to on a regular basis, I reckon that I'm a better driver than the majority of people I encounter on the roads (NGL and say I'm the perfect driver as I'm a chronic speeder for example, but in terms of road awareness, control and planning ahead I feel like a lot of people leave a lot to be desired). I'm a confident driver, but I'm certainly not overconfident and lackadaisical like a lot of people. People that I know who went through their lessons confidently and were very confident upon passing, have all gone on to being involved in accidents, some even serious and have written off their cars.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by LisaNikita
maybe you shouldn't drive XD

trust me i acc regret learning how to drive lol
Original post by WoodyMKC
Why should they not drive just because they get nervous about their lessons? Makes absolutely no sense. I'd say it's better to be a bit nervous than overconfident. They're only nervous because they're aware of hazards and really want to do well. I always used to get nervous about my lessons (did generally enjoy them, but they were scary at the same time) and I was extremely nervous when I first passed and started driving on my own.

Passed nearly 4 years ago now, never had an accident and with the amount of idiots I encounter on the roads who's mistakes I have to react to on a regular basis, I reckon that I'm a better driver than the majority of people I encounter on the roads (NGL and say I'm the perfect driver as I'm a chronic speeder for example, but in terms of road awareness, control and planning ahead I feel like a lot of people leave a lot to be desired). I'm a confident driver, but I'm certainly not overconfident and lackadaisical like a lot of people. People that I know who went through their lessons confidently and were very confident upon passing, have all gone on to being involved in accidents, some even serious and have written off their cars.

lol i don't think that person was trying to be insulting but thank you haha. You've made a good point about overconfident drivers
Original post by Shadow Hunters
You wouldn't have wasted your money, probably means you'll find automatic driving easier if you've been learning in manual for a long time. It just means you would be less anxious of stalling and may pass your test earlier. Just means if you pass an automatic driving test you can't drive a manual car but just learning in automatic doesn't mean once you're more comfortable driving you couldn't do a few lesssons and then do another test in manual. :smile: Just an idea.

hmm i'll see, will try driving my parents car (it's automatic) to see if i find it easier and less stressful, thanks :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
hmm i'll see, will try driving my parents car (it's automatic) to see if i find it easier and less stressful, thanks :smile:

Good luck! Hope it helps! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending