The Student Room Group

I want to learn pashtho

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h333
Np. Which book?
If it is a classroom like book, yeah it will be hard without a teacher tbh.

This is the book. http://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED364085.pdf The content list is on page 7. The exercises begin shortly after that. Ignore all the big paragraphs in between, I've read them, they won't be of any use in your look.

Thank you for looking.
Original post by the bear
ما يو ټکسي غږ

Khaar means donkey in pashto not taxi :frown:
Original post by I am the cloud
Khaar means donkey in pashto not taxi :frown:

زه به تاسو ته په قرض زما د ښکلو اوښان یو.
I might end up accidentally calling someone a khaar.

LOL, how similar is farsi and pashto?
Original post by Faloodeh
LOL, how similar is farsi and pashto?

I'm not sure sorry. I read that they are both spoken in Afghanistan though. I imagine that would mean they may have some words which are the same or at least have a similar meaning.
Original post by h333
Afghan*

Afghan is a language? You dont even know the languages of your country. Pashto is a language spoken in Pakistan and Afganistan. Lmao dont start your bs paki-afg war about pathans. I have many pakistani friends who are from peshawar and are very happy that they are from Pakistan.
I'm not sure sorry. I read that they are both spoken in Afghanistan though. I imagine that would mean they may have some words which are the same or at least have a similar meaning.

Im pretty sure afghans speak dari not farsi, those are similar because you can still understand eachother (like azeri and turkish) but the accents are veeeeery different
Original post by Faloodeh
Im pretty sure afghans speak dari not farsi, those are similar because you can still understand eachother (like azeri and turkish) but the accents are veeeeery different

You're probably right then and I'm mixing languages up sorry!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by years101
Afghan is a language? You dont even know the languages of your country. Pashto is a language spoken in Pakistan and Afganistan. Lmao dont start your bs paki-afg war about pathans. I have many pakistani friends who are from peshawar and are very happy that they are from Pakistan.

That's very rude. There's no need for that.

When she said Afghan*, I'm sure that was a correction aimed at the part of your post where you say "Afghanistanis".
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 29
This is the book. http://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED364085.pdf The content list is on page 7. The exercises begin shortly after that. Ignore all the big paragraphs in between, I've read them, they won't be of any use in your look.

Thank you for looking.

Hmmm. The book is so boring to learn from lol. It is not bad though but learning it on your own will be quite hard. I mean you can refer to it but the best way is to listen to someone who speaks (your friend) it and try learn from them as well online. Start with vocabularly and useful phrases. I wonder if there are any apps that help out too.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333
Hmmm. The book is so boring to learn from lol. It is not bad though but learning it on your own will be quite hard. I mean you can refer to it but the best way is to listen to someone who speaks (your friend) it and try learn from them as well online. Start with vocabularly and useful phrases. I wonder if there are any apps that help out too.

Right, I see. I will get my friend to help on any parts I get stuck on. Thank you for taking the time to look.

I haven't checked appstore yet but a pashto learning app did show up on my google search.
Reply 31
Original post by years101

Lool why you bringing that up?
I corrected you because you wrote "Afghanistani" when you meant Afghan.
Reply 32
Right, I see. I will get my friend to help on any parts I get stuck on. Thank you for taking the time to look.

I haven't checked appstore yet but a pashto learning app did show up on my google search.

You're welcome. Don't worry if you don't understand and find it difficult. I am a Pashtun but it is still hard for me too. Plus there are many dialects lol. It is good you have a friend to help out and you can start having converstations with him in Pashto and learn insha'Allah.

Yeah I thought so but not sure if any app is that helpful.
Original post by h333
You're welcome. Don't worry if you don't understand and find it difficult. I am a Pashtun but it is still hard for me too. Plus there are many dialects lol. It is good you have a friend to help out and you can start having converstations with him in Pashto and learn insha'Allah.

Yeah I thought so but not sure if any app is that helpful.

:yy:

It's OK, I'll go through them anyway. Any app is better than no app at this stage.
Reply 34
:yy:

It's OK, I'll go through them anyway. Any app is better than no app at this stage.

PRSOM.
I've seen a few youtube videos but they didn't look very detailed. But I will keep on looking insha'Allah. Thank you for the recommendation. I know who you are.

I have no idea for the life of me who you could be.
Original post by The Epicurean
I have no idea for the life of me who you could be.

Polis ta khaber warki!
After downloading several apps. I have concluded there are no good apps for learning pashto properly. The best one could be used alongside the book for benefit though.

The best one was this one:

Reply 38
Polis ta khaber warki!

Looool. Good one.

After downloading several apps. I have concluded there are no good apps for learning pashto properly. The best one could be used alongside the book for benefit though.

The best one was this one:

Omd i felt the same.
Reply 39
What's a Pashto? Is it like a mash potato curry?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending