The Student Room Group

I want to learn pashtho

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h333
Looool. Good one.

Omd i felt the same.

A good thing seems to be that some of the words are used in urdu. Words like "khaber". Now I'm confident I can get the jist of this language insha'Allah.
Reply 41
Original post by I am the cloud
A good thing seems to be that some of the words are used in urdu. Words like "khaber". Now I'm confident I can get the jist of this language insha'Allah.

I say "khabar" but idk maybe that is just a dialect. Yeah it is same in a few other languages too. True you will notice some words here and there. Lol soon you will be speaking fluently insha'Allah.
Original post by zayn008
What's a Pashto? Is it like a mash potato curry?

It's a language spoken by mostly pathans/pashtuns. It's spoken widely in Afghanistan and also in areas of Pakistan.

Original post by h333
I say "khabar" but idk maybe that is just a dialect. Yeah it is same in a few other languages too. True you will notice some words here and there. Lol soon you will be speaking fluently insha'Allah.

Yeh, It might be due to dialect, I have no clue. Although I pronounced it how you've written it because that's how I pronounce it in urdu.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 43
It's a language spoken by mostly pathans/pashtuns. It's spoken widely in Afghanistan and also in areas of Pakistan.

Yeh, It might be due to dialect, I have no clue. Although I pronounced it how you've written it because that's how I pronounce it in urdu.

I see. Yeah that should be fine. Urdu is so easy to understand but I feel it is so different to Pashto because Urdu has more Persian influence.
Go to Bradford and find a tutor
Original post by Ravenous
Go to Bradford and find a tutor

Haven't got money to spare for a tutor!

Thanks. I'll take a look :smile:
I might end up accidentally calling someone a khaar.

:lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending