The Student Room Group

Just me or are parties and clubbing seriously overrated?

I'm a social guy around the right people. An extroverted introvert I guess. At the start of Uni I was all up for clubbing and house parties, I'd go out most nights as I was lucky enough to get invited out all the time.

But now looking at it I find it so boring, how do people not get bored of going to the same clubs, listening to the same music three days a week every week? Im at Bournemouth Uni which is where the nightlife is seen to be great but even here I think it's so repetitive.

What's fun about emptying your wallet on overpriced, watered down drinks just to feel tipsy for a little while before waking up with a terrible hangover?? Parties are so boring too I find, playing the same drinking games all the time etc

I sound so boring and maybe I am the issue, but I just don't get any satisfaction from it anymore. I need advice on what to do because it's all anybody does anymore!!!!!!!
Yeah I rather just chill with a movie a couple drinks a pizza and some weed but hey gotta keep friends happy too I guess
Reply 2
You've come to the right place.
Reply 3
This is the wrong place to ask, TSR members don't even leave their rooms. Even the outside is overrated.
TLDR: Yes. :lol
:yep:
Reply 4
It's not just you.

Welcome to TSR by the way, we are the party.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a social guy around the right people. An extroverted introvert I guess. At the start of Uni I was all up for clubbing and house parties, I'd go out most nights as I was lucky enough to get invited out all the time.

But now looking at it I find it so boring, how do people not get bored of going to the same clubs, listening to the same music three days a week every week? Im at Bournemouth Uni which is where the nightlife is seen to be great but even here I think it's so repetitive.

What's fun about emptying your wallet on overpriced, watered down drinks just to feel tipsy for a little while before waking up with a terrible hangover?? Parties are so boring too I find, playing the same drinking games all the time etc

I sound so boring and maybe I am the issue, but I just don't get any satisfaction from it anymore. I need advice on what to do because it's all anybody does anymore!!!!!!!

I feel the same way, and been very unmotivated to go clubbing with friends, so I just lock myself in my room and watch anime.

I prefer house parties, since the music won't be too loud, and I'll actually meet and have proper conversation with new people.
Only house parties I've liked are my own. The ones around here are dead. No one dances lol. I've only had fun when I've thrown my own parties and gotten everyone dancing instead of standing around talking like they do at every other party I go to.

Clubs are okay because I like dancing but tbh I can do it in my room lmao. I don't go to clubs to pick up girls because that's not my thing so may as well stay in my room and dance. Can pick better music too.

Dancing with your friends at a club is super fun though. Especially when you make a dance circle and everyone takes turns. Hilarious.
Original post by ChickenMadness
Only house parties I've liked are my own. The ones around here are dead. No one dances lol. I've only had fun when I've thrown my own parties and gotten everyone dancing instead of standing around talking like they do at every other party I go to.

Clubs are okay because I like dancing but tbh I can do it in my room lmao. I don't go to clubs to pick up girls because that's not my thing so may as well stay in my room and dance. Can pick better music too.

Dancing with your friends at a club is super fun though. Especially when you make a dance circle and everyone takes turns. Hilarious.

Clubs are simply too loud.

Yeah, the dancing and alcohol is chill, on occasion, but comeon... One simply cannot converse!

So you can only use it get ONSs anyway really. Good for that mind you as most girls in clubs are absolutely out of their mind wasted at 3:30am. But then drunken sex is awful. Hmph.

Don't see the point really. I only enjoy clubs nights when I work in them lmao. Can still find an opportunity to start dancing usually! And being 'security' makes all the girls beg it to dance with you haha xD
Reply 8
Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Thing is socially I'm struggling a bit right now. I get on with people fine and people seem to like me but I am just struggling to grow fond of people as friends. I just find them too different to me and boring except from one girl who I'm talking to every day and hanging out with a bit.
No one's making you club. And it's not "overrated." It's just not for you. Some people live for clubbing. I'm not quite sure why but there's loads of people who do live for it and make a living off it. If I just wanna let loose and go mad with mates I'd rather a pub crawl or a house party. You know the food, drink, music and convo is gonna be good! Clubs play *****y music unless you know the DJ personally to play what you want, they sell *****y food and expensive drinks with drugs in em. And there is a dodgy underground trade in many clubs as well. No bueno.
They are an unfortunate reality if you subscribe to western courtship values/cultural norms and are not a fan of rape/prostitution. Arranged marriage however would avoid all the barbaric nonsense of taking advantage/contraception/'kids from a previous relationships', kids raised by the dog etc...
(edited 7 years ago)
OP, the only important question is are you regularly pulling?

Also you're on a site where people make threads complaining about how they "only" got low A*'s. Or "just" scraping a first.

Safe to say most prefer staying in their rooms all day
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah I've only been to clubs a handful of times in my entire life. It can be fun but it just leaves you feeling empty and lonely. Such a basic hobby.
Original post by queenofswords
Yeah I've only been to clubs a handful of times in my entire life. It can be fun but it just leaves you feeling empty and lonely. Such a basic hobby.

I'm a third year and have completely grown out of clubbing. I've always preferred house parties but tbh they are only really good if you're with good friends, not just randos.

We're growing up, pal :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha I don't get clubbing either... seemed fun at the start but now it's so boring... rather go cinemas, or a nice place out to eat with my mates. Most people say after first year everyone else calms down with the partying anyway haha.
Original post by stereoashhh
OP, the only important question is are you regularly pulling?

Also you're on a site where people make threads complaining about how they "only" got low A*'s. Or "just" scraping a first.

Safe to say most prefer staying in their rooms all day

I'm not regularly pulling but that's because I don't try to. The one time I tried was Freshers and I pulled within 10 minutes of entering the club. I've got with a couple other girls but that's because IDGAF and just went along with it
I've only been to a club once and the only good bit was the prinking before it tbph
I use to love a good house party or going clubbing in my late teens, but the older I get I've just lost all interest in them. Would much rather just get together with a couple of mates and chill with a pizza or go out for a bite to eat, maybe go down the snooker hall or something like that.
Reply 18
The problem here is that you club too much (3 times every week), so it becomes repetitive and boring.
Parties are about people, make strong friendships and do it for the company. I suggest partying with people who are funny when drunk.

The trick, in my case, is to do it less often but ensure that every time the experience is meaningful. What makes it always unique is to change combination of friends, invite friends from other unis/cities, change location (style of the club and type of music), go to another city, change how much we drink, what we drink, where we drink it (eg only at the club, pre-drink dinner at home and then at the club, in a bar and then at the club, in the taxi/car, opening a bottle outside of the club), change occasion (eg simply out with friends, freshers party, uni party, birthday party, celebration for the end of exam sessions, etc.).

Furthermore, I alternate clubbing with other social occasions, like eating together at a restaurant (lots of different ones to discover and try out) or giving a dinner at my house, drinking at a bar, etc. In this way, clubbing, instead of being the standard nighttime entertainment, becomes a special event.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending