The Student Room Group

The world according to the five tier political compass

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Davij038
Why?

I think it's a bit sensationalist.
Reply 41
Communist Multilateralist Humanist Libertine Seems accurate.
Reply 42
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
So why were you saying China is communist? When you described china as communist you even put communist in quotation marks. :tongue:

Most of Marxist ideology is a critique of capitalism, not what communism would look like.

Quotation marks as far as I'm aware in that context indicate skepticism or something not quite right
You are a: Left-Leaning Anti-Government Bleeding-Heart Libertine

Sounds about right.
Centrist Pro-Government Interventionist Cosmopolitan Traditionalist

Who knew?
Reply 45
Left-Leaning Pro-Government World-Federalist Nationalist Progressive

:yy:

I personally wouldn't say I was nationalist but I suppose I'd be easy to label as one.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 46
@Rakas21 are you a conservative anti government interventionist nativist liberal? :wink:

http://www.abtirsi.com/quiz2.php
@Rakas21 are you a conservative anti government interventionist nativist liberal? :wink:

http://www.abtirsi.com/quiz2.php

Conservative Non-Interventionist Nativist Reactionary

Collectivism score: -50%
Authoritarianism score: 0%
Internationalism score: -33%
Tribalism score: 67%
Liberalism score: -67%

I'm not sure that i'm that reactionary and the non-intervention clearly does not take into account foreign policy. I'm also a globalist, my negative international score probably stems from the fact that i view many other nations as having inferior cultures and the fact that i view the UN as a waste of space and would exit were our veto on the security council ever threatened.
Original post by MachinesCradle

2. I am deeply insulted that they call me communist. I despise communists.

Commie :rofl:
Objectivist Libertarian Total-Isolationist Nationalist Moderate

So basically I love: 1. money, 2. individualism, 3 my country - yup, sounds about right to me

Collectivism score: -83%
Authoritarianism score: -50%
Internationalism score: -83%
Tribalism score: 33%
Liberalism score: 0%
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Commie :rofl:

Communism is at its core an individualist philosophy which belongs at 0% collectivism with objectivism. Fascism is about 80% collectivism and I am 100%. I am quite literally the opposite of a communist.
Original post by Quantex
You are a: Left-Leaning Anti-Government Bleeding-Heart Libertine

Sounds about right.

so you're a crazy hippy in other words?
Left-Leaning Interventionist Humanist Reactionary
Reply 53
Conservative Libertarian Isolationist Nativist Reactionary

Yep, pretty much.
Wow! That's a lot of meaningless buzzwords.
You are a: Centrist Pro-Government Isolationist Cosmopolitan Reactionary
Deconstructing my result

Objectivist (83%) - I support free trade and think state intervention fails the majority of the time. Support a minarchist state but with some sort of universal income.

Libertarian- prefer the label ''classical liberal' - generally think people and democracy are dumb.

Interventionist/non interventionist - got zero percent on this so didn't get a result in my 'title'. I think we should generally not get involved unless faced with something utterly despicable and growing such as ISIS

Nativist- I don't feel proud to be British but I do feel fortunate as I think it's one of if not the best places in the world to live and is far superior to other specifically non western places that do not have left the freedoms we do. I think generally we should limit immigration from cultures very different to our own (muslims mainly)

Moderate- don't believe in religion (which is at best superstitious gibberish) but nor either in continuous progress in society: I think there's a lot if degeneracy in modern society.
You're pretty similar to me on most fronts by the sounds of it, and I tend to agree with most of your posts so I guess that follows :lol:
Reply 57
Original post by JRKinder
You're pretty similar to me on most fronts by the sounds of it, and I tend to agree with most of your posts so I guess that follows :lol:

Right leaning moderates unite!
Right leaning moderates unite!
If only :redface:

I wish there was a significant party ideologically between the Lib Dems and Conservatives; I think I'd fit in there quite well.
Reply 59
Original post by miser
Left-Leaning Pro-Government World-Federalist Nationalist Progressive

:yy:

I personally wouldn't say I was nationalist but I suppose I'd be easy to label as one.

I think the mistake the quiz makes is it doesn't make the distinction as to why you support your country.

So I'd presume the reason you support the UK (as well as the bledding obvious: it's your home) is because you think it's a great place to live because of the freedoms and institutions it enjoys such as the rule of law and parliamentary democracy)-and ideally you'd like everyone to be able to enjoy these things and that ultimately they are transferable to other nations.

So therefore you think your culture is superior (nationalist) and is transferable to others (world federalist)

The atypical ukip voter might be seen as being in the isolationist nativist spectrum in that they are either A) think we should focus purely on bettering the UK rather than the world and improve their condition of living or/and B are extremely sceptical about the idea of a European federation (let alone a world one!) either that it's impossible or simply evil (in that states are good in themselves rather than a means to an end.

Rakas: sorry about the late reply, the site wasn't working.

Think I've accounted for the problem RE intervention above. Completely agree with you Regarding the UN.

The liberal/traditionalist measure...I'm not sure. I think a more detailed version of the test should take into account why you believe certain things i.e. Such as supporting a nuclear family because evidence suggests it produces the best results or because it's in the bible. This may explain me as I'm something of a reactionary atheist!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending