The Student Room Group

Five GCSE's A-C + Want to get into a top Uni!?

So basically when I did my GCSE's I was going through a tough time with bereavement whilst also being bullied and this led to me getting only five GCSE's A-C which was a B in English Lang, a B in English Lit, a C in Maths, a B in Media and a C in RS.

However, at college now I am doing BTEC Health & Social Care Extended Diploma I am predicted D*D*D* and I want to apply to some top Unis (such as Bath). I have a lot of work experience but I'm worried that my GCSEs will hold me back when the time comes.
Original post by clouise156
So basically when I did my GCSE's I was going through a tough time with bereavement whilst also being bullied and this led to me getting only five GCSE's A-C which was a B in English Lang, a B in English Lit, a C in Maths, a B in Media and a C in RS.

However, at college now I am doing BTEC Health & Social Care Extended Diploma I am predicted D*D*D* and I want to apply to some top Unis (such as Bath). I have a lot of work experience but I'm worried that my GCSEs will hold me back when the time comes.

What course are you hoping to apply for?
Reply 2
Original post by BigMan Ting
What course are you hoping to apply for?

Social Work :smile:
Reply 3
Honestly, your results are likely to hold you back from going to the top university's. There are people with a hell of a lot better grades than what you have. They won't take into consideration what you were going through at the time. However, keep trying on your current course and you can only hope for the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by clouise156
Social Work :smile:

http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/social-policy/social-work.aspx#CourseDetailsTab

After a bit of research looking around for a top uni, you satisfy their entry requirements, so dw. Good luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending