The Student Room Group

Birthday party but later

Hi !

I was wondering, would it be considered weird to celebrate one's birthday 2 months after the real date ?
The only person I've heard do something like that is Kylie Jenner.
How would you celebrate?
Yeah pretty weird. Still go for it though, everyone loves a party. Just label it something else, not about someone's birthday.
Original post by Bellamione
Hi !

I was wondering, would it be considered weird to celebrate one's birthday 2 months after the real date ?

My friend did this, her birthday is in May and she chose to do a party in August as it was summer and more flexibility.
Reply 5
Original post by TheGoodPharaoh
How would you celebrate?

I'd like to rent a room to have quite a big party (around 30), as I'm turning 18. Problem is I have to find a date suitable for everyone, at least for my closest friends.

Original post by turnerlewis
Yeah pretty weird. Still go for it though, everyone loves a party. Just label it something else, not about someone's birthday.

True ! Actually I could label it something else, because the point is having a great time with people I like, but still, I want it to feel like a birthday, not something else...
Reply 6
Original post by Rhythmical
My friend did this, her birthday is in May and she chose to do a party in August as it was summer and more flexibility.

Yeah, but celebrating in summer is a good excuse, while my only excuse is I struggle to find a date :/
I'd like to rent a room to have quite a big party (around 30), as I'm turning 18. Problem is I have to find a date suitable for everyone, at least for my closest friends.

Oh I'd say it's normal, I know a couple people who've done the same thing
Reply 8
Just do it.

Although, you shouldn't need an excuse for a ****-up at your age.
Yeah, but celebrating in summer is a good excuse, while my only excuse is I struggle to find a date :/

Arrange it now, before the good dates are taken. Most people book in March/April time so doing it now will be easier but you may also find you can organise other things too.
Reply 10
Original post by TheGoodPharaoh
Oh I'd say it's normal, I know a couple people who've done the same thing

Yup, me too, and there's the problem : apparently, my friends and I decided to start our existences at the same time, so it's even more difficult 😂

Original post by Rhythmical
Arrange it now, before the good dates are taken. Most people book in March/April time so doing it now will be easier but you may also find you can organise other things too.

Yes, I think that's what I'm going to do ! Thanks for the advice !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending