The Student Room Group

Role-play story

Ok, so this is basically a mix-up of role-play and writing (I'm putting this here, not in the games section, because it is for those who love writing!): you create a few major characters and give them each a profile to introduce them. For example, you could write their name, age, appearance, quirks, and (optional) superpower, or something special about them. Once you've introduced them, you bring them into the story - but remember, you can only control what your own characters say/do/think. You can't speak for someone else's characters. I'll start by giving a setting: school.

When you aren't introducing a character or writing part of the story (i.e. just chatting), please write in brackets, so things make more sense!

Also, you can join whenever you want, because it will be fun to keep adding more characters to the plot! And you don't ever have to post more than you want to. You can also change the scene whenever you want, by adding dots (.....). Let's see how this goes!
Reply 1
Amy Clark
Full name: Amelia Catherine Clark
Appearance: Green eyes, mousy brown hair, medium weight/height, likes dressing 80s-style
Quirks: A dreamer, likes writing poetry, is slightly unpopular (but doesn't seem to care)
Speciality: She is so sensitive to the environment that she can hear things no one else can, and can occasionally simply just "know" something.

Terry Parker
Full name: Terry Parker
Appearance: Has short, light-brown hair, blue eyes, athletic look.
Quirks: Has a tough exterior, yet secretly suffers from depression.
Speciality: Her physical strength - she is very sporty (basketball-loving and a swimmer), and she has telepathic skills- she can make those around her happy and confident.

Reply 2
Terry Parker strolled down the corridor, whistling. She had just finished Geography, and was consequently in a merry mood. And because she was happy, those around her were, too. But inside, Terry was bubbling with subconsciously moody thought. Something was missing, somewhere in her otherwise perfect picture - and she couldn't quite pinpoint it. Not something, someone. Somebody hadn't been seen since lunch break - someone important. Important for what? Shut up, you idiot, she thought snappishly. He wasn't supposed to be there any more - it was ridiculous to have an imanginary friend - and at her age, too! As her mood crumbled, so did the peace of those around her. A couple of friends started bickering. Some boys started up a fight. Amy. The thought came, as if out of nowhere. And Terry had to admit it - she was grateful for her imaginary non-friend, even if she didn't like to say so. Of course! Amy had said that she had something to show her - hopefully no one of those dreadful poems - and she had sounded urgent.
Naturally, Terry had smiled her best, and said she would come in a minute, and then forgot about it. And she hadn't seen Amy since.
You should have remembered - you know that.
Yes, she did, and she didn't like being reminded. "Oh, for goodness sakes, Arlo, shut up."
Well, maybe if you listened to me more, -
She was cut off in her thoughts, as someone came up to her.
Bert the Duck
Full name: Bertius Amelia Duckion
Appearance:
Quirks: A mysterious fellow, it is said that he once hijacked the private jet of the now President Trump and stole a wig of his.
Speciality: Bert is not just any duck. Oh no. Bert is a magical duck.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Treblebee
Terry Parker strolled down the corridor, whistling. She had just finished Geography, and was consequently in a merry mood. And because she was happy, those around her were, too. But inside, Terry was bubbling with subconsciously moody thought. Something was missing, somewhere in her otherwise perfect picture - and she couldn't quite pinpoint it. Not something, someone. Somebody hadn't been seen since lunch break - someone important. Important for what? Shut up, you idiot, she thought snappishly. He wasn't supposed to be there any more - it was ridiculous to have an imanginary friend - and at her age, too! As her mood crumbled, so did the peace of those around her. A couple of friends started bickering. Some boys started up a fight. Amy. The thought came, as if out of nowhere. And Terry had to admit it - she was grateful for her imaginary non-friend, even if she didn't like to say so. Of course! Amy had said that she had something to show her - hopefully no one of those dreadful poems - and she had sounded urgent.
Naturally, Terry had smiled her best, and said she would come in a minute, and then forgot about it. And she hadn't seen Amy since.
You should have remembered - you know that.
Yes, she did, and she didn't like being reminded. "Oh, for goodness sakes, Arlo, shut up."
Well, maybe if you listened to me more, -
She was cut off in her thoughts, as someone came up to her.

Someone or rather something?
That "thing" was getting ever so close, ever so quickly...
Reply 5
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Someone or rather something?
That "thing" was getting ever so close, ever so quickly...

Terry stared.
"Um."
She was lost for words for a moment, and then...
"What on earth is a flippin' duck doing in school I mean that's CRAZY why doesn't it stick the headteacher in a cage - oh no, I mean why doesn't the headteacher stick it in a cage this is unworthy of all comments on duckliness who on earth brought this thing here why why why..." She was talking so quickly that she forgot about grammar, and then later decided that the day was too weird to bother fixing it up.
You know, you're getting to be quite cheesy.
"Honestly, Arlo, I knew I could rely on you to insult my every action."
Meanwhile, everyone and everything in the hall had gone mayhem - not because they had seen the duck, but because Terry was getting frantic. Just then, she sighted Amy.
"Amy! Was this some trick of yours?"
Amy didn't reply, because she was too busy inwardly picturing the headteacher in a cage, and writing a solliliquy for him - it would start with the words "For seven long years I have sat here - each year for each time I gave a detention to the worthy Amelia Clark. Long since have I repented-" Suddenly, the image crashed, and she found Terry shouting in her face, in an unusual state of craziness.
"DID YOU BRING THE DUCK? ANSWER ME!"
"Um... not really. Sorta brought itself... sorry, were you a he or she?" She mumbled. Terry only caught the last few words. She backed off.
"You're bonkers. Completely bonkers."
John the Caretaker
Full Name: John Lidl (idk lmao)
Appearance: A bit like a younger Hagrid from HP - a bit skinnier - one-inch beard. Droopy face - depressed facial expression. Wears an old white top, turned grey, and dark blue overalls.
Quirks: Big. Grumpy. Smoker. Single. Does the odd jobs around the school.
Specialty: Strong.
(edited 7 years ago)
Terry stared.
"Um."
She was lost for words for a moment, and then...
"What on earth is a flippin' duck doing in school I mean that's CRAZY why doesn't it stick the headteacher in a cage - oh no, I mean why doesn't the headteacher stick it in a cage this is unworthy of all comments on duckliness who on earth brought this thing here why why why..." She was talking so quickly that she forgot about grammar, and then later decided that the day was too weird to bother fixing it up.
You know, you're getting to be quite cheesy.
"Honestly, Arlo, I knew I could rely on you to insult my every action."
Meanwhile, everyone and everything in the hall had gone mayhem - not because they had seen the duck, but because Terry was getting frantic. Just then, she sighted Amy.
"Amy! Was this some trick of yours?"
Amy didn't reply, because she was too busy inwardly picturing the headteacher in a cage, and writing a solliliquy for him - it would start with the words "For seven long years I have sat here - each year for each time I gave a detention to the worthy Amelia Clark. Long since have I repented-" Suddenly, the image crashed, and she found Terry shouting in her face, in an unusual state of craziness.
"DID YOU BRING THE DUCK? ANSWER ME!"
"Um... not really. Sorta brought itself... sorry, were you a he or she?" She mumbled. Terry only caught the last few words. She backed off.
"You're bonkers. Completely bonkers."

A big muscular hand, covered in ash, grabbed the duck by its neck and another came around and held firmly down onto its wings.

"Probably knows its slaughter day tomorrow," said John as he struggled to hold down the wings, frantically flapping out of control.

The caretaker held on tighter as the duck squawked, before chucking it into the open cage left by his feet.

"How did you get out?" wheezed John, as he fumbled with the keys.

"Sorry kids." He walked off, the cage in one arm, a miserable duck within.
(Bert :mmm:)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
(Bert :mmm:)

omg :rofl:
Fuller McCarthy - PE Teacher
Full name: Fuller Joseph Kevin McCarthy
Appearance: blue eyes, dark blonde hair, around 6 ft 2, dresses stylish.
Quirks: Single but a hit with the ladies wherever he goes. Loves to drink and party.
Speciality: He can never get hungover.
Original post by Cherub012
A big muscular hand, covered in ash, grabbed the duck by its neck and another came around and held firmly down onto its wings.

"Probably knows its slaughter day tomorrow," said John as he struggled to hold down the wings, frantically flapping out of control.

The caretaker held on tighter as the duck squawked, before chucking it into the open cage left by his feet.

Wowzers, what was all that about? Wondered Fuller as he was still trying to take in what happened. A duck was present at his school. A freaking duck. It was safely taken away by the school caretaker, after the midst of brief chaos it caused between the students.

Just as he was about to go back to his office, he caught sight of Terry. Now Fuller knows he isn't supposed to think about his students in any unusual ways, but God damn he can't help it. She is the best PE student he has ever taught, by a long mile. And for some reason, thinking about her and being around her gives him strange feelings. Strange, happy feelings.

"No no no! Don't think about her like that God damn it!", Fuller tells himself, quietly. He knows he can get any woman he wants, all he has to do is turn up at the local club on Friday nights.

So why is he gravitating towards someone who is barely legal, nevermind his student?
Original post by Cherub012

Original post by Google22
Wowzers, what was all that about? Wondered Fuller as he was still trying to take in what happened. A duck was present at his school. A freaking duck. It was safely taken away by the school caretaker, after the midst of brief chaos it caused between the students.

Just as he was about to go back to his office, he caught sight of Terry. Now Fuller knows he isn't supposed to think about his students in any unusual ways, but God damn he can't help it. She is the best PE student he has ever taught, by a long mile. And for some reason, thinking about her and being around her gives him strange feelings. Strange, happy feelings.

"No no no! Don't think about her like that God damn it!", Fuller tells himself, quietly. He knows he can get any woman he wants, all he has to do is turn up at the local club on Friday nights.

So why is he gravitating towards someone who is barely legal, nevermind his student?

What Fuller did not know is that this duck was not an ordinary duck.
Everything had gone to plan for Bert. The facade of misery had been adequately depicted onto his face.
Human emotion is not so hard to copy, apparently. Weak minded fools.
John, the Caretaker, casually whistled a tune. He'd not seen a duck around before. How strange? Oh well, easy little buggers to sort out.
Or so he thought.
Strange quacking sounds came from the cage and before he knew it, his vision diminished to darkness.
Bert was out and he knew what he had to do...
Reply 13
Everything had gone to plan for Bert. The facade of misery had been adequately depicted onto his face.
John, the Caretaker, casually whistled a tune. He'd not seen a duck around before. How strange? Oh well, easy little buggers to sort out.
Or so he thought.
Strange quacking sounds came from the cage and before he knew it, his vision diminished to darkness.

I'm on the edge of my seat.
Reply 14
Or so he thought.

(PRSOM XD)

Terry stood, and watched the Caretaker stroll around the corner, cage swinging in his arm. She had barely been standing there half a minute, when Fuller, her PE teacher, came up, a rather hungry expression on his face. Oh no, what am I gonna do, Arlo? He's sure to have me this time...

Well, if it's advice you want, I'd say run to your next class. Anyway, you're running late as is.

Of course. French. Well, it wasn't her worst subject, and the teacher was nice, so she figured she'd rather not get there late. With a brief, automatic smile at Fuller, she excused herself.
"Oh, hi, um.. sorry, running late for class. See you... tomorrow?" Stupid. She told herself. PE was on Wednesday, and today was Monday. But she didn't wait to correct herself, and instead, dashed down the wrong hallway, back up, and took the right turn, before finally colliding into Amy, who was heading for the same class.
(PRSOM XD)

Terry stood, and watched the Caretaker stroll around the corner, cage swinging in his arm. She had barely been standing there half a minute, when Fuller, her PE teacher, came up, a rather hungry expression on his face. Oh no, what am I gonna do, Arlo? He's sure to have me this time...

Well, if it's advice you want, I'd say run to your next class. Anyway, you're running late as is.

Of course. French. Well, it wasn't her worst subject, and the teacher was nice, so she figured she'd rather not get there late. With a brief, automatic smile at Fuller, she excused herself.
"Oh, hi, um.. sorry, running late for class. See you... tomorrow?" Stupid. She told herself. PE was on Wednesday, and today was Monday. But she didn't wait to correct herself, and instead, dashed down the wrong hallway, back up, and took the right turn, before finally colliding into Amy, who was heading for the same class.

"Damn it!" John slammed his fist against the wall in frustration.
"Bloody duck gonna get me fired! Oh I'll catch you you son of a-"

Before he could finish his sentence, John erupted into a series of fiery coughs before spitting into a wrinkly old handkerchief he hid in his sleeve.

He looked down: Hmm blood. Not good.

A smile crept up on his face.

I probably won't even last another year, and I'm worried about a blimmin' duck.

He laughed.

Strolling over to his 'office' (more like a closet but he liked to think of it as his office) he pulled out his .44 Magnum.

Ahh... America, the land of opportunities... and lots of guns.

School should be closing after this period. All the kids will be gone home and before you know it, John will have a white-reddish duck, hanging by the grip of his fist... dead.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest