The Student Room Group

Help me find the courage to ask him out!

I've been wanting to ask my male friend out for a while. But I'm a chicken about this kind of thing.

I think he's interested. He has always shown some subtle signs. We actually slept together once last year, but nothing else happened. We have both dated other people since but now we're single again I want one ask him before someone else does.

We were out for dinner the other day, just the two of us. We were talking about my fear of rejection. He said I should just throw caution to the wind and ask a guy out. "What's the worst that can happen?" He said. We talk openly about this kind of thing all the time.

Sometimes you just have to take a risk and I really want to do it. I'm scared about the consequences if he says no, but I think never asking and not knowing the answer is probably worse.

How do I pluck up the courage to do this? I was going to do it sometime this week, just need to be brave enough to do it
Yes, ask him out. You will regret it in the future if you dont.
Reply 2
I think the positives of the success of asking him out will outweigh the negatives of rejection of asking him out. If you think about it, if he said yes, you’ll have a boyfriend to like and love to try new things out and do stuff with and should be beneficial to yourself on all levels. If he said no, you’ll be a bit down maybe, but you know where you stand with him and you know there is no interest here so move on possible. If you don’t ask him, then you in this limbo land of confusion of this could be something amazing, or I need to look as where. I kick myself daily for not getting to know these two girls out and possible ask them out, not at the same time of course. But they were something special you don’t get many like them these days.

I know the asking out bit might seem a bit freighting. So it be best if you know where and how, personally I old fashioned so asking out in person is best, and you can read their emotion better then over some electronic device. Also you probably be best asking him out with just you two around preferably in a non-noisy environment so you can hear each other because you might go quiet on the question. If you want him that much you’ll find the bravely to do it.
At the end of the day you might be in the same boat, too worried about asking each other out. You both want the same outcome, but just don’t know how to reach it. So if you did it, you’ll save him the hassle, and you two could unlock a potentially wonderful relationship.
Reply 3
Original post by AB25
I've been wanting to ask my male friend out for a while. But I'm a chicken about this kind of thing.

I think he's interested. He has always shown some subtle signs. We actually slept together once last year, but nothing else happened. We have both dated other people since but now we're single again I want one ask him before someone else does.

We were out for dinner the other day, just the two of us. We were talking about my fear of rejection. He said I should just throw caution to the wind and ask a guy out. "What's the worst that can happen?" He said. We talk openly about this kind of thing all the time.

Sometimes you just have to take a risk and I really want to do it. I'm scared about the consequences if he says no, but I think never asking and not knowing the answer is probably worse.

How do I pluck up the courage to do this? I was going to do it sometime this week, just need to be brave enough to do it

If he could have sex with you im sure he could date you
Reply 4
He said yes!! Holy ****
Original post by AB25
He said yes!! Holy ****

Congrats! Bet he's happy that you asked lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending