The Student Room Group

Tips & Advice of becoming a real man

Hi,

I wanted to create a thread whereby us young men can share some tips and advice on becoming more mature and manly. I don't mean to cause any offense or embarrassment to anyone on this thread - I just simply want to give some tips and advice of just manning up in life. I have seen a lot of people saying "oh I am 23 years old and never had a girlfriend" - and I am literally like "hold on, being single at that age isn't actually bad".

I also want this thread to combat against depression and anxiety and also reinforce positivity.

Anyways, enough said here are some of my tips. Please feel free to add and comment.

TIPS/ADVICE:

Be confident. Literally, just be confident at what you do - whether it be dancing, talking or even walking. A real man is a man that you can approach and really talk to. I used to be reserved and quiet but now I have made it a goal and habit to become more confident. Even if it means talking to new people at work - after all I am new to my recent job.

Try and dress well. I feel more manly when I go to work mainly because I see like minded people working in offices and they all wear nice suits and look smart. When I dress smart I too feel manly and what I am really missing is a female companion.

Hit the gym. Look I am not exactly the fittest of people, I have a bit of a beer belly. But, when I go to the gym I see a lot of big jacked up guys alongside with nice young women who are also fat and toned. I also see out of shape guys - but do you know what, the very fact that you are making an effort to go to the gym to do a routine does in a way make you a man. You are taking responsibility in meeting others and taking care of your body.

Take responsibility. I have made a lot of mistakes in the past and I regret not telling people that I was at fault. Now when I make a mistake I apologize and put my name to it! I have had people who I have known years ago tell me now that I have matured more.

Anyways, this was my tips and advice. Feel free to comment and add below.

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
This is debatable as some cultures and religions forbid people from consuming alcohol.

I for one don't really drink alcohol but if I do I would only go for the hard stuff like vodka or whisky
Reply 2
Don't ask questions like 'Tips & Advice of becoming a real man'
Tips for becoming a real man:

-Be male
-Be over 18

Congrats, now ur man
Reply 4
Original post by iqra2159
Don't ask questions like 'Tips & Advice of becoming a real man'

This.

Do the only thing that matters: be yourself.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Tips for becoming a real man:

-Be male
-Be over 18

Congrats, now ur man

Original post by yunglife
This is debatable as some cultures and religions forbid people from consuming alcohol.

I for one don't really drink alcohol but if I do I would only go for the hard stuff like vodka or whisky

Whisky I understand, but vodka? Even if you have an intensely sensitive palette, vodka still is quite neutral in flavour.
Make anti women threads and posts on tsr, that seems to be the thing these days.
Have a sense of self worth
Original post by yunglife

You abominable individual.
Original post by hezzlington
Whisky I understand, but vodka? Even if you have an intensely sensitive palette, vodka still is quite neutral in flavour.

why was I quoted in your alcohol chat? I am not a hard liquor expert
Original post by Retired_Messiah
why was I quoted in your alcohol chat? I am not a hard liquor expert

Sorry accident
Original post by hezzlington
Sorry accident

cider's the way forward tbh
The alpha male dog is the one that makes the kill but is the last to eat.

Not sure about humans though. Probably similar as we are social animals.
I would like to add Gaming to this list, as a respectful Gentleman Gamer, it is evident no good man would not have a 3 digit playtime in Fortnite or would pass on asking a fair Gamer Girl for feet pics.

~fortniteborgar Esq.
Holy cr*p! That dumb entitled millenial libtar just got trolled epic style xDDDDdddddd

Triggered much, snowflake???? *le trollface IN REAL LIFE.*
yea i meant the guy u just SAVAGELY roasted, fellow conserviboss xddd u pwned that millenial dumdum EPIC STYLE
Reply 16
Always hold the other person's elbow when shaking their hand to establish male dominance
Don't make a thread asking people how to be a real man

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending