The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

Financial Support

I am not eligible for student loans, given my previous degree and nature of my course.

I'm so excited to go ahead with the offer I've accepted, but I really need some help to finance myself.
Reply 1
Original post by Squooshbugle
I am not eligible for student loans, given my previous degree and nature of my course.

I'm so excited to go ahead with the offer I've accepted, but I really need some help to finance myself.

The idea of financing it yourself is that you finance it yourself. You need to get a job and save up as much as you can. You'll be able to work part time during the course, and during the holidays, but you need to have a lot of savings because you'll only be able to work around 20 hours per week. You could take out a loan with someone like Future Finance, but they're expensive and you have to make repayments whilst you're studying. You're not eligible for a Career Development Loan, and you're very unlikely to get a loan from a traditional provider due to your income and plans.
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales
Reply 2
I've been looking for work for over three months.

Anything that pops up either requires me to drive or I'd be doing 2 hours walking each way.

Even if I did get a full time position that pays well, I can estimate saving up a maximum of £5,000 approximately by the time I would have to start.

It's not going to cut it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Squooshbugle
I've been looking for work for over three months.

Anything that pops up either requires me to drive or I'd be doing 2 hours walking each way.

Even if I did get a full time position that pays well, I can estimate saving up a maximum of £5,000 approximately by the time I would have to start.

It's not going to cut it.

Then you'll have to think about deferring your entry
Reply 4
I have, but I want to know if there are alternatives.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending