I'm not homophobic
I don't wear hijab
I love every religion
I don't support terrorists
I love Donald Trump

Spoiler

What do other Muslims say

and noone cares
I'm Muslim and haven't met another Muslim that supports terrorism.
Original post by iqra2159
I'm not homophobic
I don't wear hijab
I love every religion
I love Donald Trump

Spoiler

Then you're probably in a minority and I like you :smile:
Reply 5
I hate to say this but you go against the words of your religion and many muslims would say you'll go to hell but yet still want to seek comfort in it even though it goes against your moral conscience… why?
Reply 6
Do you want a medal?
Reply 7
Original post by zayn008
I hate to say this but you go against the words of your religion and many muslims would say you'll go to hell but yet still want to seek comfort in it even though it goes against your moral conscience… why?

I'm living in a Muslim country and no one has ever told me that I'm going to hell.
And they are not the one's to judge
most muslims have the same values
I'd argue that you aren't very Islamic at all, aside from your (presumed) belief in Allah. Is it not a key tenet of Islam to cover yourself with the hijab? Does the Qur'an not condemn homosexuality? If you believe that the Qur'an is the divine word of God, are you not directly defying God?
Reply 10
Original post by Angry Bird
most muslims have the same values

no akhi, most people in the world do not like gays.
Reply 11
I'm not homophobic
I don't wear hijab
I love every religion
I love Donald Trump

Spoiler

There's a hadith that says help the oppressed and the oppressor

inb4 people start hating about the oppressor part. it tells you to help him change his ways so maybe that's what we need do to do trump
Reply 12
I'm living in a Muslim country and no one has ever told me that I'm going to hell.
And they are not the one's to judge

So you've told them you openly accept homosexuality? It's just, from my experience expressing similar views hasn't gone too well
Original post by JRKinder
I'd argue that you aren't very Islamic at all, aside from your (presumed) belief in Allah. Is it not a key tenet of Islam to cover yourself with the hijab? Does the Qur'an not condemn homosexuality? If you believe that the Qur'an is the divine word of God, are you not directly defying God?

afaik Quran doesn't mention the hijab as a requirement at all, only that you cover yer boobs and yer crotch area, all other bits are vague references to beauty which you could really interpret any way you wanted if you were so inclined (although different translations can make it suddenly go very specific). Meanwhile gayness being a sin doesn't necessarily lead to you having to hate gays as a none gay. It's Allah's job to do the judging, after all.

That said I'm not a Muslim myself so I could well get shot down by a nice chap from the I-SOC in a bit.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
afaik Quran doesn't mention the hijab as a requirement at all, only that you cover yer ***** and yer ***** area, all other bits are vague references to beauty which you could really interpret any way you wanted if you were so inclined (although different translations can make it suddenly go very specific). Meanwhile gayness being a sin doesn't necessarily lead to you having to hate gays as a none gay. It's Allah's job to do the judging, after all.

That said I'm not a Muslim myself so I could well get shot down by a nice chap from the I-SOC in a bit.

Boom-Boom
Muslims dont just take rulings from the quran, we have something called the Hadith as well, which is the prophets saying, (if you didnt know)
There is something call love and hate for the sake of Allah
Al wala wal bara
You hate what Allah hates for the sake of Allah
You love what Allah loves for the sake of Allah
afaik Quran doesn't mention the hijab as a requirement at all, only that you cover yer boobs and yer crotch area, all other bits are vague references to beauty which you could really interpret any way you wanted if you were so inclined (although different translations can make it suddenly go very specific). Meanwhile gayness being a sin doesn't necessarily lead to you having to hate gays as a none gay. It's Allah's job to do the judging, after all.

If that is true then I'd be interested to learn the justification for several Middle Eastern societies enforcing the hijab, because I thought their societies (particularly Saudi Arabia) were supposed to be built upon religious law. I may be wrong though.
Regarding the homophobia thing, perhaps one wouldn't necessarily hate homosexuals but one may still condemn homosexuals, because even though it is Allah's role to judge, if the Qur'an makes it clear that homosexuality is wrong then wouldn't it follow on to condemn it (again, not necessarily hate, but certainly disagree with)?
Original post by mangekyoumusa
Boom-Boom
Muslims dont just take rulings from the quran, we have something called the Hadith as well, which is the prophets saying, (if you didnt know)
There is something call love and hate for the sake of Allah
Al wala wal bara
You hate what Allah hates for the sake of Allah
You love what Allah loves for the sake of Allah

I am aware of the hadith but theoretically speaking there's no actual reason to follow it. Certain sources say you shouldn't do it, ever.

http://www.quran-islam.org/articles/a_dozen_reasons_(P1153).html

And I personally would say that if your Quran is supposed to be the perfect book for all guidance brought to earth by God himself there is no need to add to it with other things. You can do so if you wish but there's no obligation at all.

Original post by JRKinder
If that is true then I'd be interested to learn the justification for several Middle Eastern societies enforcing the hijab, because I thought their societies (particularly Saudi Arabia) were supposed to be built upon religious law. I may be wrong though.
Regarding the homophobia thing, perhaps one wouldn't necessarily hate homosexuals but one may still condemn homosexuals, because even though it is Allah's role to judge, if the Qur'an makes it clear that homosexuality is wrong then wouldn't it follow on to condemn it (again, not necessarily hate, but certainly disagree with)?

I've started reading the Quran, and the way it appears to me is more or less God talking in depth about current affairs. Therefore most muslims that aren't ultra conservative will say that the chapters have to be taken in their historical context. It gets very easy to make Islam ultra conservative and blatantly insane if you take things out of their context, be it historical or just taking on verse out of a surah when you need the whole surah for it to make any sense (see: the famous verse about "killing them wherever you find them" or whatever it is).

I assume what they've done with the hijab/burqa/the other things is extrapolated from the references to "covering your beauty" in the chapter that specifically mentions covering up yer boobs and balls and took that to mean "covering everything that could potentially be found attractive." From that derivation, they were then smart and went "well pretty much everything can be pretty sometimes" and thus the mad af garments were born. Basically, while it's designed to be the ultimate law and authority some of Allah's sayings in it are a bit vague and open to *******isations. That said, I've read a translation in the last few minutes when I googled things to make sure I was right and one source specifically translated something as eyes, and I am no Arabic expert so I can't say whether it's wrong.

And yeah if you're ultra religious you can definitely condemn homosexuals, but there's no real compulsion to do it. You could just sit on your hands and go "Well they're going to hell, that's a bit sad but whatever they can't help it". Or you could just go "Well I know I'm not going to hell so sod what everybody else is doing as long as I don't do it".
I'm not homophobic
I don't wear hijab
I love every religion
I love Donald Trump

Spoiler

I would say you don't take an honest evaluation of your own religion. However, in many ways thats a good thing.
At not being homophobic:

most tsrian muslims will swear on a stack of Bibles. Ok on a stack of Korans that Islam just loves gays. Knew it was ********.
I am aware of the hadith but theoretically speaking there's no actual reason to follow it. Certain sources say you shouldn't do it, ever.

http://www.quran-islam.org/articles/a_dozen_reasons_(P1153).html

And I personally would say that if your Quran is supposed to be the perfect book for all guidance brought to earth by God himself there is no need to add to it with other things. You can do so if you wish but there's no obligation at all.

Certain sources say that, which a lot of people would also call deviant,
Also a lot of sources say that you must follow it,

The Quran not containing certain information does not make it imperfect
Futhermore, the Quran is to guide you, but it not all the "hows" are in it,

The "hows" are in the hadith and teachings of the prophet,
for e.g
The quran instructs us to pray,
but how to pray are not in the quran, but through the teachings of the prophet

Quick Reply

Latest