The Student Room Group

Tampon stuck inside of me?

I've been worrying about a tampon being stuck inside of me since November/December. I've tried to feel inside and not been able to feel anything.. would I definitely KNOW if there was one stuck or not? Or should I go and get it checked out to reassure me? If it was left in for this long would I be experiencing problems, or is it possible to go unnoticed?

Just deciding whether to go and get someone to look. Doctors or sexual health clinic? Or should I just leave it?
Bruh, it's been like 1-2 months how have you not gone and seen a doctor?
Reply 2
Original post by BowCatKing
Bruh, it's been like 1-2 months how have you not gone and seen a doctor?

Because I'm not sure if I left one in or not.
You're worried, go and have it checked. The GP or a walk-in clinic should be both be able to do this.

What makes you think it's possible? If you can feel your cervix, the thing that feels 'like a nose' at the inner end of your vagina, you'd be able to go, 'no tampon there', because you'd feel it if there were. You can also get a plastic speculum so you can have a look inside with a mirror.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I've been worrying about a tampon being stuck inside of me since November/December. I've tried to feel inside and not been able to feel anything.. would I definitely KNOW if there was one stuck or not? Or should I go and get it checked out to reassure me? If it was left in for this long would I be experiencing problems, or is it possible to go unnoticed?

Just deciding whether to go and get someone to look. Doctors or sexual health clinic? Or should I just leave it?

I would think that if you did leave one in you would know by now. Also, if there was something that large in there you should be able to feel it if you check with your fingers.
Still there's no harm in getting it checked to put your mind at ease. Maybe you could go to a sexual health clinic and ask for a general check up if you feel awkward about saying why you are concerned. If that doesn't clear things up for you you can get more specific.
Reply 5
Original post by unprinted
You're worried, go and have it checked. The GP or a walk-in clinic should be both be able to do this.

What makes you think it's possible? If you can feel your cervix, the thing that feels 'like a nose' at the inner end of your vagina, you'd be able to go, 'no tampon there', because you'd feel it if there were. You can also get a plastic speculum so you can have a look inside with a mirror.

Original post by Kindred
I would think that if you did leave one in you would know by now. Also, if there was something that large in there you should be able to feel it if you check with your fingers.
Still there's no harm in getting it checked to put your mind at ease. Maybe you could go to a sexual health clinic and ask for a general check up if you feel awkward about saying why you are concerned. If that doesn't clear things up for you you can get more specific.

Yeah, I think I'll go and have it checked because I think about it every day and I just need somebody to tell me nothing's there. I tried feeling properly again yesterday and I couldn't seem to feel far enough to reach my cervix, even though I just started my period today so my cervical position should have been lower. I'll keep trying...

As I don't really feel inside there much I also felt something I hadn't felt before but I'm not sure how to explain it.. but I'm not sure if it's just because I haven't felt around much or if something is wrong. I'll try and explain- if I put my finger in, the side of my finger towards my stomach I can feel a kind of hard-ish large lump? Like it's not soft? (not far up, near the entrance) I hadn't noticed it before so kind of freaked me out. Can anyone describe what I'm meant to be feeling/if this is normal? This was another reason I thought I should just get a check up, to make sure everything is ok as I'm not sure what is normal/not- especially I'm probably going to lose my virginity in the next few weeks.

I'd rather go to a sexual health clinic/gynaecologist than a GP. So it's not weird if I book an appointment for a general check up for that area?
TBH, that sounds like your cervix to me. When you're not aroused, it's closer to the entrance of your vagina.h.

No, it's not weird and going to talk contraception options is a good idea anyway.
Reply 7
TBH, that sounds like your cervix to me. When you're not aroused, it's closer to the entrance of your vagina.h.

No, it's not weird and going to talk contraception options is a good idea anyway.

I mean like immediately as I put my finger in, on the side of my finger (not at the tip of my finger). Is it meant to feel like that or should it be soft/pressable?

I've been prescribed the pill but after reading up about it I've realised I don't want to be putting synthetic hormones into my body and have to deal with all the side effects, so I'm going to look into Fertility Awareness Methods!
Hmm, don't know (and no-one here can either!)

If you want to look at fertility awareness methods, you're going to be very acquainted with your cervix :smile: Done correctly, a combination of cervical mucus and body temperature on waking can be almost as reliable as hormonal methods.
Reply 9
Hmm, don't know (and no-one here can either!)

If you want to look at fertility awareness methods, you're going to be very acquainted with your cervix :smile: Done correctly, a combination of cervical mucus and body temperature on waking can be almost as reliable as hormonal methods.

Yep, I really need to find out more about my body and educate myself! I'm a biology student, so kind of interested to find out about this stuff.

What's the immediate inside meant to feel like then?
Reply 10
:lolwut:
Grab that thing out and make sure you stay clean, go to the doctors and make sure you get prodded properly

Sincere

add my snapchat - ibypingu

Quick Reply

Latest