The Student Room Group

LNAT 2017 Results

Hello everyone!

Those who sat the LNAT on or before the 20th January should be receiving their results soon. Pearson actually said "early February" though no specific dates have been given, so that could be very soon indeed.

I thought I would start a thread for those to share their scores so we can get an idea of the standard for this year's entry. In the mean time, feel free to discuss anything to do with your experience taking the test, and uni choices etc while we wait.

Good luck all!

Edit: There has been a recent update. Pearson has now said the results will be given out by the 17th February, although no reason has been given as to why as of yet.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am hoping as soon as possible, I sat the test in October so have been waiting a very long time! Does anyone know if it's just the numerical result that it released or will some feedback on the essay also be given? Thanks.
Original post by tqewilf
I am hoping as soon as possible, I sat the test in October so have been waiting a very long time! Does anyone know if it's just the numerical result that it released or will some feedback on the essay also be given? Thanks.

Hiya! I know how you feel, I took mine early November although I wish I had waited and prepared a bit more- I am really not feeling too confident!

It is indeed just the numerical result from Section A that we receive, Pearson doesn't actually mark the essay. The essays are really only used by admissions tutors to differentiate between candidates with the same score or borderline candidates, whilst "marked" by them, we never actually receive feedback (unless one specifically asks I guess).

What unis have you applied for?
I'm not too confident either😩 Fingers crossed we did good!!!!!
I thought that I did an average job on the LNAT, but I got an offer from Bristol, which I'm happy with :smile: Still waiting for my other LNAT uni (KCL). I guess I'll see how I did soon..
Original post by Qwerty0707
I thought that I did an average job on the LNAT, but I got an offer from Bristol, which I'm happy with :smile: Still waiting for my other LNAT uni (KCL). I guess I'll see how I did soon..

You must have done well for Bristol to give you an offer! I don't think the standards of applicants would have differed so much between them and Kings to warrant not getting an offer from them too, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I am also still waiting on a response from KCL. Someone on another Law thread rang up the admissions office a couple of days ago and they said they had only just received all the LNAT results (despite the deadline being over a week ago, I know) and that they had many applications to go through so it might be another couple of weeks before they give out decisions. Have you heard back from any other unis?
Original post by Sophiethompson99
I'm not too confident either😩 Fingers crossed we did good!!!!!

It's horrible not being confident about it isn't it? I'm sure you've done fine though, it is a very difficult test that most people don't score very highly on anyway! Have you applied to any non-LNAT unis? Have you got offers from them? If so that should reduce your stress levels, concentrate on the fact you have them!
Original post by hillarykeyamo99
You must have done well for Bristol to give you an offer! I don't think the standards of applicants would have differed so much between them and Kings to warrant not getting an offer from them too, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! I am also still waiting on a response from KCL. Someone on another Law thread rang up the admissions office a couple of days ago and they said they had only just received all the LNAT results (despite the deadline being over a week ago, I know) and that they had many applications to go through so it might be another couple of weeks before they give out decisions. Have you heard back from any other unis?

Thanks :smile: I wouldn't be too bothered with a rejection, but it would of course be awesome to get in! I have an offer from Exeter and Kent in addition to Bristol, but still waiting for KCL and Warwick. Where did you apply/ have offers from??
Yeah I only have the one that's the lnat and that's kings!! I have offers from my other 4 but kings is my first choice😟
Original post by Sophiethompson99
Yeah I only have the one that's the lnat and that's kings!! I have offers from my other 4 but kings is my first choice😟

I know how you feel! I applied to Cambridge as my first choice and was unsuccessful, I also applied to LSE for Anthropology and Law as my second but got feedback that my personal statement didn't do a good enough job at appealing to both the Anthropology tutors and the Law ones so I am feeling pretty disheartened at the moment :s-smilie:

But I aimed pretty highly in terms of my choices which meant that being able to go to anyone of them would be amazing. I really loved Kings and would be ecstatic to go there. I've also applied to UCL,which I didn't connect with as much, but being the amazing institution that it is, going there would also be a dream. However with my rejections and all this LNAT business I'm very worried.

I have one offer at least (through all this misfortune, it is a small comfort :P) from Kent of AAB. It's ironic because Kent was supposed to be an insurance choice, but it's the only option I have right now!
Original post by Qwerty0707
Thanks :smile: I wouldn't be too bothered with a rejection, but it would of course be awesome to get in! I have an offer from Exeter and Kent in addition to Bristol, but still waiting for KCL and Warwick. Where did you apply/ have offers from??

I applied to Cambridge, LSE, UCL and Kent in addition to King's but only have an offer from Kent thus far. Would King's be your firm choice? If not which one?
Have got an offer from UCL & Bristol as well as a post-interview rejection from Oxford (lol), so I'm pretty excited to find out my score aha. Can't have gone too badly, I'm guessing I got somewhere in the high 20s at the very least. Wish results were out ASAP tho
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
I have been rejected by UCL as my performance in LNAT was not as strong as other applicants.
I did receive offers from Warwick, Manchester and City University of London (Insurance). I am now waiting for KCL and I am so worried as you know KCL requires LNAT as well n Kings is now my top choice (which was used to be UCL). Guess I did really bad in my LNAT in both multiple choices and essay. I am so so worried X(
I've firmed UCL and got offers from Nottingham (withdrew from Bristol and King's to firm UCL.)

Really want to know what I got though haha
Haven't heard from my two LNAT unis yet (UCL and Kings) so I have no idea how i've done
Got Durham offer but rejected by Oxford pre-interview so have no idea how I did - do durham have an average or a cut-off? Hopefully we hear soon.
Original post by Jedwards
I've firmed UCL and got offers from Nottingham (withdrew from Bristol and King's to firm UCL.)

Really want to know what I got though haha

Congrats on your offers!! :smile: when did u get your offer from UCL? I'm still waiting :frown:
guys are we receiving the results by post or e-mail? does anyone know?

Why did they make us wait this long in the first place?

I got an offer from UCL but was rejected from Durham and Oxford so I'm equally confused as ///curious
Original post by georgios131
guys are we receiving the results by post or e-mail? does anyone know?

Why did they make us wait this long in the first place?

I got an offer from UCL but was rejected from Durham and Oxford so I'm equally confused as ///curious

Hello! Your results will be sent to you by email. This will be your score of Section A and the average score for the cohort in the admissions cycle.

That is very curious indeed. Was your oxford rejection post-interview? That might have had something to do with it if so, but if it wasn't, maybe there were more applicants to Durham and Oxford (in a relative sense, compared to the number of places they give out for example). Or, maybe UCL just something special in you!!

Where else have you applied? Have you received any other offers?
Original post by qwerty505
Haven't heard from my two LNAT unis yet (UCL and Kings) so I have no idea how i've done

I'm exactly the same, but not long till we find out now! Where else have you applied? Have you got other offers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending