The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Diego Costa
I've been told not to buy a girl I don't know drinks in clubs if she asks and have never done so.

Just wondering however, have any girls asked guys they were interested in for drinks? Have any guys bought girls drinks and it not ended with the girl immediately disappearing?

never ever by girls drinks. EVER.

a friend of mine did it and it was funny to see girls taking advantage of it then leaving him after they got the drinks.
That's what I expected to happen. How come you went anonymous to say that?
Reply 3
I strongly believe it's unnecessary for a guy to buy me a drink. I always find it slightly weird when someone does that or even worse when they take you to the bar and tell you to choose whatever you'd like. :facepalm:

There were also cases when they told the waitress to bring some drinks to our table. If I don't know the guy, what's the point? Personally, it doesn't make me wanna go home with him. :lol: There are other ways to get to know a person, but some girls do enjoy it ngl, mainly because they drink for free.
(some) of my female friends are cool af and don't do this to guys. They'd always offer to buy drinks for the guy who's chatting them up too.
Original post by EC
I strongly believe it's unnecessary for a guy to buy me a drink. I always find it slightly weird when someone does that or even worse when they take you to the bar and tell you to choose whatever you'd like. :facepalm:

There were also cases when they told the waitress to bring some drinks to our table. If I don't know the guy, what's the point? Personally, it doesn't make me wanna go home with him. :lol: There are other ways to get to know a person, but some girls do enjoy it ngl, mainly because they drink for free.

Buying a girl a drink has to be done properly IME. For example, I would only offer them a drink if they were running low and I was already chatting with them. I'd also actually hope that, when I pointed out that they're running dry and what they wanted, that they'd say some sort of shot or something small and overpriced, so I could say "I'm not buying that! I'm here to have a drink and a chat with you, not get you drunk." - BANG, straight in their good books :u:
LOL, only on TSR. Women never ask you to buy them a drink in the real world (as in, outside of TSR.) It's always some enthusiastic nice guy who OFFERS in a misguided attempt to curry some chick's favour. Let's be real here (and yes, I'm a guy, a pretty chauvinistic one by all accounts, so you can trust my objectivity.)
never buy a girl a drink
why should you?
why shouldn't she buy you one if you have to buy her one?
Reply 8
I've never bought a girl a drink in a club before because mainstream advice [from men] says not to do it cause the will just guzzle you drink and walk off ....but a lot of mainstream dating advise I have found to be BS ...so I don't know, I might one day decide to buy a girl a drink and find out first hand for myself.

there's been a couple of occasions girls have handed me/offered me one of their shots though.
On one particular occasion I was chilling at the bar and some girl near the bar came upto me and said she had an extra shot and would I like it. Free drink?...why not ...so I took it. I didn't really make much effort to talk to her or chat her up cause she wasn't my type. Her friends were looking at me, and the expression on their face said "why isn't he chatting her up?!" ...tbh I was kinda annoyed that they thought I could be bought so cheaply..lol

another time,out of the blue a girl just came upto me and said "hi, do you want a drink?" ...my first instinct was to say no as I find it weird a girl buying ME a drink, but If I had said no she would had took it as a rejection ...but I found her attractive so I said yes.....
Reply 9
Original post by WoodyMKC
Buying a girl a drink has to be done properly IME. For example, I would only offer them a drink if they were running low and I was already chatting with them. I'd also actually hope that, when I pointed out that they're running dry and what they wanted, that they'd say some sort of shot or something small and overpriced, so I could say "I'm not buying that! I'm here to have a drink and a chat with you, not get you drunk." - BANG, straight in their good books :u:

Yeah, chatting first is better. But they all say "not trying to get you drunk", it's predictable.

I rarely accept drinks from guys I've never seen before, I don't think buying someone a drink is a nice approach, but that's just my opinion.
I'll buy her a drink and her friend. Ya get me? :littleangel:
Reply 11
Original post by ANM775
I've never bought a girl a drink in a club before because mainstream advice [from men] says not to do it cause the will just guzzle you drink and walk off ....but a lot of mainstream dating advise I have found to be BS ...so I don't know, I might one day decide to buy a girl a drink and find out first hand for myself.

there's been a couple of occasions girls have handed me/offered me one of their shots though.
On one particular occasion I was chilling at the bar and some girl near the bar came upto me and said she had an extra shot and would I like it. Free drink?...why not ...so I took it. I didn't really make much effort to talk to her or chat her up cause she wasn't my type. Her friends were looking at me, and the expression on their face said "why isn't he chatting her up?!" ...tbh I was kinda annoyed that they thought I could be bought so cheaply..lol

another time,out of the blue a girl just came upto me and said "hi, do you want a drink?" ...my first instinct was to say no as I find it weird a girl buying ME a drink, but If I had said no she would had took it as a rejection ...but I found her attractive so I said yes.....

and once at some social event at a bar some attractive girl start dropping MASSIVE hints that she wanted a drink, saying stuff like "I'm really THIRSTY" ... I just ignored the comment and acted like I hadn't caught on.

Once at a social event too, some woman tried to matchmake me with this girl I did not find attractive at all and asked me [in front of the girl] to buy the girl a drink. I just turned round and said "no, you BUY her a drink", the woman then wasn't too happy lol, and out of pity for the girl went and bought her the drink.
Reply 12
Original post by Socratesfam
LOL, only on TSR. Women never ask you to buy them a drink in the real world (as in, outside of TSR.) It's always some enthusiastic nice guy who OFFERS in a misguided attempt to curry some chick's favour. Let's be real here (and yes, I'm a guy, a pretty chauvinistic one by all accounts, so you can trust my objectivity.)

Yeah it is true, basically because most people are so superficial and like free stuff.
Never bought a girl who I don't know a drink. If I was asked I would most likely just reply with "I'm broke".
Original post by EC
Yeah it is true, basically because most people are so superficial and like free stuff.

ambiguous post is ambiguous. Not sure if you agree with me or not.....
Original post by EC
Yeah, chatting first is better. But they all say "not trying to get you drunk", it's predictable.

I rarely accept drinks from guys I've never seen before, I don't think buying someone a drink is a nice approach, but that's just my opinion.

Yeah, but actually saying "no, I'm not buying you a shot that's gonna get you pissed, rather I'll buy you a drink that you can sip slowly while we chat" shows you mean it :wink:

If they turn down the drink though and want to buy their own then that's absolutely fine by me, still gonna be chatting to them regardless and I'm not gonna be pushy if they say no.
Reply 16
Original post by Socratesfam
ambiguous post is ambiguous. Not sure if you agree with me or not.....

Well, you generalized and said that only on TSR women wouldn't ask for a drink, when in fact that's not true at all so I don't agree with you on that. There are plenty of women who find it creepy actually.

But people who buy the most alcohol do get the most attention because this is the society we live in.
Getting deperate men to buy you a drink and then sodding off is a very satisfying thing to do.
Original post by EC
Yeah it is true, basically because women are so superficial and like free stuff.

Fixed.
Original post by Quantex
Getting deperate men to buy you a drink and then sodding off is a very satisfying thing to do.

I'll bear that in mind next time I'm in liason with a girl, promise her the earth then leave via the back door the next morning. :moon: Now THAT would be satisfying.

Latest

Trending

Trending